2015-2016 University of California - Irvine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For those rejected/invited to interview, how long was your interview status "under review" before you were notified of your fate?

I received an OOS II after about a month under review.

Reactions: 1 user
I dont get why I dont have a seondary.. Im too scared to check my amcas file. maybe they found some mistakes on it. have received it from every other school except davis. irvine and ucla.

I dont get why I dont have a seondary.. Im too scared to check my amcas file. maybe they found some mistakes on it. have received it from every other school except davis. irvine and ucla.

I'm literally waiting on the same three schools. *sigh*

I received Irvine and SD awhile ago, but I am waiting on UCSF, UCLA, and Davis. I was verified on 7/28.

+1 for UCLA as well as waiting on UCR...kind of frustrating especially since I was verified mid June >___<

Is Irvine receptive to In the Area emails? I have an interview at USC..

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Irvine receptive to In the Area emails? I have an interview at USC..
They only offer 2 interview sessions per month from what I saw (I posted those dates somewhere in this thread), so you may have a hard time matching those dates, but it's worth a shot if you are going to be in the area.

Just got a post-secondary rejection.... but I have interview invites from UCSD and UCLA. I wonder if the UC's talk to each other.

after completing the secondary or having not received secondary?

don't feel too bad, good news will come to you soon!

I had received the secondary! *sigh* Thank you! :) I have had luck at other schools, but it stings to lose your top choice.

Anyone not get their secondary yet?
No secondary yet either. AMCAS verified 8/22. Received from UCLA, UCSD, and UCD. Already have II at another institution. Don't know why UCI is so obscure with their methods...

No secondary yet either. AMCAS verified 8/22. Received from UCLA, UCSD, and UCD. Already have II at another institution. Don't know why UCI is so obscure with their methods...

UC screenings are kind of like a black box

Yeah I have every UC secondary except for UCLA, and I'm definitely in their MSAR ranges... Oh well! I like the mystery (kind of. Not really...).

Also, under review at UCI since 7/20 and no word. Fingers continue to be crossed!

To those people I guess that applied previously. Should I even submit secondary if I ever recieve it? I mean the whole point it is to get it in as soon as possible and most people are done with the secondary stage all together. I was verified mid-june too and satsify the minimum mcat and gpa so I dont understand this whole process.

To those people I guess that applied previously. Should I even submit secondary if I ever recieve it? I mean the whole point it is to get it in as soon as possible and most people are done with the secondary stage all together. I was verified mid-june too and satsify the minimum mcat and gpa so I dont understand this whole process.

There are people in my MS1 class who received late secondaries from UCI. Don't read too much into the timing of the secondary.

+1

Exact same situation except UCI has had my primary since 7/15.
This doesn't bode well, but a rejection email is the only thing that can extinguish my hope.

Does anybody know why such a large majority of the UCI class goes into EM every year when compared to other schools? Is there something about their curriculum that draws students towards EM or is it just coincidence?

Did they get verified in mid July along with the first batch of students?

I'm curious as well.
Additionally, would it be a bad idea to email them asking about the status of my application? It has been almost two months they've had my primary...

I'm curious as well.
Additionally, would it be a bad idea to email them asking about the status of my application? It has been almost two months they've had my primary...
Unless they mention anywhere not to email them about your application status (some schools specifically mention not to), I dont see why not.

Do they tell you the dress code for the dinner or did you just wear whatever?
It was completely casual. :) some people wore dress shirts or summer dresses, but it's not required by any means

Any of you cats who submitted secondaries post 8/20 hear back yet, by any chance?

My secondary was completed 8/15, has anyone around that time heard anything from UCI?

Reactions: 1 users
Good to know. I completed my secondary on 8/16, hopefully hear something by next week. This wait is a real poop.

Foreal. I've been complete since mid July. Absolute silence so far.

Anyone here interview or receive a II for PRIME-LC yet?

been so long since II's have been given from UCI, unless people have received them but dont post on sdn :/

So all of you guys are going to think I'm absolutely nutso, but I just spent the last 30 minutes reading through the 2014-2015 UCI thread, and now I'm freaking out about the minimal wait-list movement last year. (Because obviously, I'm under the impression that I'm going to be waitlisted since thinking otherwise opens myself up to heartache come Halloween). So masochistic -_-"

So all of you guys are going to think I'm absolutely nutso, but I just spent the last 30 minutes reading through the 2014-2015 UCI thread, and now I'm freaking out about the minimal wait-list movement last year. (Because obviously, I'm under the impression that I'm going to be waitlisted since thinking otherwise opens myself up to heartache come Halloween). So masochistic -_-"
...ok?

Dr. Peterson herself told us that UCI traditionally has "extensive movement off the waitlist." Be positive!

Dr. Peterson herself told us that UCI traditionally has "extensive movement off the waitlist." Be positive!

Was about to post this, glad you heard it too haha

For anyone who already interviewed, how long did the day last? Doesn't specify in the interview instructions. Thanks.

For anyone who already interviewed, how long did the day last? Doesn't specify in the interview instructions. Thanks.
The day was scheduled from 8am-4:30pm, however some were finished as early as 3pm depending on when their faculty interview was. Also, about half of the group interviews at the medical campus, so they returned closer to 4:30pm. For some, there is quite a bit of down time between your student interview and faculty interview.

Anyone going to the preinterview dinner this Sunday night?

EDIT: Great interview day (I am a notoriously nervous interviewee) and great interview group! Wherever happens, I wish you all the best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a month since the last wave of II's. Irvine lemme be part of that next wave

All right So I still haven't recieved a secondary and I Was complete mid-July. Seriously, did I get rejected? Can past alumni, current students let me know? I swear Irvine, UCLA, and UCD are the only schools that have not given me a secondary! This is such torture.