2015-2016 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I withdrew! I didn't go to second look so they gave me all loans for my aid package hah. I guess they really don't want to give students a reason to attend now that overenrollment is too real

Members don't see this ad.

Called admissions and said that as of April 28th 2 PM E.T. there are 148 admitted students still holding their admission. I don't think is looking very well for us....

It is interesting when the class size is supposed to be under 100. How many scholarships do they offer?

Damn. Sounds like it may be the end of the road for us waitlisters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from Pritzker. Best Wishes to those of you that are on the WL. Left money on the table. Hope one of you gets it.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone called for a count today?

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew from Pritzker...I really really loved the students there, and I hope one of you gets my spot and my scholarship :)

[xx.xx]

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Me withdrawing put them at 89, and apparently there were still students who were holding multiple acceptances, so waitlisters don't count yourself out!

They would actually release that number? Interesting.

Just sent in an update letter...crossing my fingers for some movement off the continued list.

They would actually release that number? Interesting.

I was kinda suspicious of the initial post about their class size and this one. I also thought it was strange they'd release that information.

Regardless, if the two posts are accurate, their class size shrank pretty damn rapidly. Here's to hoping this is promising for the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you all get an email asking to be placed on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an e-mail a few minutes ago to join the wait list as well

Got that email. I guess it's worth noting that 9 people were pulled off the waitlist last year according to someone's reference to MSAR earlier in this thread.

Does anyone know if Pritzker is receptive to updates via singing telegram? Asking for a friend.

Wonder what this could be. In last year's thread it was verified that everyone that was cont'd was offered a waitlist spot

The language in the email made it seem as if they reviewed all of our applications again and chose a select group to be placed into the waitlist pool. Idk

Last edited:
The language in the email made it seem as if they reviewed all of our applications again and chose a select group to be placed in the waitlist pool. Idk

Would you object to posting some of that language? Just curious

"The Committee on Admissions has completed a review of all applicants who have not yet been offered acceptance to the Pritzker School of Medicine for the entering class of 2016. As a result of this review, the Committee has selected a group of individuals whom it wishes to consider for membership in the entering class as positions become available. This is our ‘waitlist pool’ and the Committee would be pleased if you were to continue your interest in Pritzker by maintaining an active application as a member of the waitlist. "

Would you object to posting some of that language? Just curious

"The Committee on Admissions has completed a review of all applicants who have not yet been offered acceptance to the Pritzker School of Medicine for the entering class of 2016. As a result of this review, the Committee has selected a group of individuals whom it wishes to consider for membership in the entering class as positions become available. This is our ‘waitlist pool’ and the Committee would be pleased if you were to continue your interest in Pritzker by maintaining an active application as a member of the waitlist. "

Definitely agree with your assessment. Congrats. Looks like it might be the end of the road for me here

Wonder what this could be. In last year's thread it was verified that everyone that was cont'd was offered a waitlist spot
This is Ms Amiri's first year running admissions solo (last year the previous director was advising) so maybe things are a little different this year.

It could possibly be that they have tiers of waitlists and want to get the general feel of who's all interested before they continue down the line. It's not over until it's over.

I also received the waitlist email. Here's to hoping! Good luck to everyone!

I got bored and searched through last year's thread. The only waitlist acceptance was on June 17th. In the previous year, there wasn't a single post about a waitlist acceptance. That said, we're still in the running and tomorrow is a Friday, so things aren't so bad.

There were 9 according to the MSAR. What's weird is the fact that they asked a select few to be on the waitlist, while the others are still in their "continued status" limbo. Which makes me ask....what's going on with our files? Are they gauging interest and running us through the admissions bureaucracy to accept us soon? Are there spots open that they want to fill right now? idk.
I got bored and searched through last year's thread. The only waitlist acceptance was on June 17th. In the previous year, there wasn't a single post about a waitlist acceptance. That said, we're still in the running and tomorrow is a Friday, so things aren't so bad.

Note also that the 9 did not include pre-May 20th acceptances. I'm holding very high hopes, and it would be a dream come true and perfect situation if I were to be accepted here.

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but it looks like there was actually an acceptance on May 4th last year. But this was technically before they formed the waitlist so not exactly sure how it effects us... Seems like they're doing a lot of things differently this year

I was still sleeping when it happened, but this morning a lady called (forgot/didn't catch her name :sleep:) and offered me admissions to Pritzker. Tbh I had kind of forgotten that I had an open application here, since I interviewed in October and was placed on hold in December. I might have literally dreamed the next part but I think she said there was a full-tuition scholarship in the deal? Super conflicted now :/

If you didn't post that you got the email, and you did, please do so so we can get an idea of how many ppl got it.

My consultant gut feeling tells me that they have 60-80 ppl on that waiting list and that they'll accept maybe 8 off of it? Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
The waitlist just moved, I got the call !!! Don't give up hope and hang in there guys

Reactions: 9 users
If anyone else has been accepted from the waitlist this week please reply just so we get an idea. Thanks!

I'm expecting to see calls on here tomorrow...we'll see.

Has anyone called the admissions office to see if they anticipate any waitlist movement?

I did that with Penn and got disappointing news. From now on I'm sticking to "ignorance is bliss" as my waitlist mantra.

Tearfully withdrew from Prtizker today. Absolutely loved this institution, so I hope one of you amazing people gets my slot!

Greetings folks. I was just told I made the waitlist (by which I was shocked). Does anyone have a sense of how many people make this? And what may chances are? Thank you!

Tearfully withdrew from Prtizker today. Absolutely loved this institution, so I hope one of you amazing people gets my slot!
I don't know why because I don't know you in real life, but I'm super surprised that you
Greetings folks. I was just told I made the waitlist (by which I was shocked). Does anyone have a sense of how many people make this? And what may chances are? Thank you!
Yeah I'm a bit surprised as well. They already sent waitlist emails to their top applicants a few weeks ago. I'm guessing this is either an accidental email or we're on a second tier waitlist because there's no way they've accepted all of their initial waitlistees already...

Yeah I'm a bit surprised as well. They already sent waitlist emails to their top applicants a few weeks ago. I'm guessing this is either an accidental email or we're on a second tier waitlist because there's no way they've accepted all of their initial waitlistees already...

I received the waitlist email today too. I hope it's not accidental.

Got it too. Had unfollowed this thread assuming it was the end of the road. Still treating it like it is, but FWIW the email did say "the waitlist pool is not ranked."

Got it too. Had unfollowed this thread assuming it was the end of the road. Still treating it like it is, but FWIW the email did say "the waitlist pool is not ranked."
Yeah I'm just very pessimistic at this point in the cycle. But we never know what might happen :)

Alllriighttyy. Well, I'm going to be realistic and say that the waitlist may have been diluted to the point of meaninglessness now. But thanks for that jolt of adrenaline Pritzker!