2015-2016 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Starting something isn't impressive.
Garnering 20o hrs in said activity IS impressive!

during the interview they mentioned that we could send them any updates we've had since submitting amcas/secondary applications. if I've recently started a relevant volunteering position that I talked about in my interview and wasn't included/talked about in my primary or secondary apps, do you think I should send an update to the school? should I just write up a brief description of the activity, like something similar to what would be included on the activities section of the AMCAS? @Goro @gyngyn

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!!! OOS, interviewed 10/9

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted....IS interviewed early October ..yay

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I at least get an interview...been complete for almost 3 months.

Reactions: 2 users
Starting something isn't impressive.
Garnering 20o hrs in said activity IS impressive!
The only reason I'm on the verge is because I talked about it a decent amount in my interviews, and I don't want them to think I was bs'ing it. It's something that I'm committing 6 hours every week for one year, so I've already hit 60 hours.

They've probably already decided your fate.

The only reason I'm on the verge is because I talked about it a decent amount in my interviews, and I don't want them to think I was bs'ing it. It's something that I'm committing 6 hours every week for one year, so I've already hit 60 hours.

They've probably already decided your fate.
5bc46f81a313a0669b208cbe01ccb78e.jpg

Anyone else who's been accepted: did your portal change?
Mine still says "In Committee"

Did anyone submit mid-August and hear back for an interview yet? In-state. Why is everything taking so long!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still receiving IIs from UCONN? I was complete way back in June-July and still waiting. I'm not sure if they slowed down with II or stopped altogether. Show some love to some IS students!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still receiving IIs from UCONN? I was complete way back in June-July and still waiting. I'm not sure if they slowed down with II or stopped altogether. Show some love to some IS students!!
+1! In-state, complete early July and no news from UConn.
Fingers crossed for in-state love soon. Good luck!

+3 IS, complete 9/5

Sending an update letter tonight

What email did you guys use to send an update? Dr. Zeff's?

Does anyone know if the group interview/icebreaker with Dr. Zeff in the beginning counts at all? I didn't really get a chance to say much. They kept saying the team based activity doesn't count but I don't know if the introductions counted at all.. he is on the committee I think?

@ttt92 I feel like everything counts. We're always being evaluated. All you can do now is sit and enjoy the ride. Good luck!

Email of update received. Only communication I've had with them since 1st week of September :(

@ttt92 I feel like everything counts. We're always being evaluated. All you can do now is sit and enjoy the ride. Good luck!
It doesn't count in the sense that they won't write down anything specific about you unless you really do something absurd like argue aggressively. They definitely tried to give us space so we could discuss among ourselves

I happily received an II this week-- so they haven't stopped! Lived most of my life in CT. Complete in August. :) so excited! Good luck to those of you still waiting.

I happily received an II this week-- so they haven't stopped! Lived most of my life in CT. Complete in August. :) so excited! Good luck to those of you still waiting.
Congrats. When are they scheduling for? and mind sharing stats?

anyone know how many students they roughly accept? trying to determine my chances post-interview, as I impatiently wait for the decision

Accepted yesterday! OOS, interviewed 10/30

Has anyone tried contacting the office? Complete since 9/5 and nothing but silence :(

Not even sure if they are still giving out II?

Ahhh I interviewed 10/26, still no decision. Does that mean waitlist/rejection?

Not necessarily! I think it depends when your interviewer is able to attend an adcom meeting and present you...not entirely sure of all of the logistics but they told our interview day that we should hear one way or another before Thanksgiving!

Your interviewers do a writeup of your interview within a day or 2 to send it in to the adcom

Any OOS applicant complete in august heard back yet?

Complete early July, IS, no news at all yet. Anyone who has gotten a recent interview: what dates were they scheduling?
(Patiently) Hoping for in-state love sometime soon!

II this morning! OOS, complete 8/24. They're currently scheduling for two dates in December

Does anyone know if they review apps in a linear fashion? Feel like I have been silently rejected...

Anyone that interviewed last week of october/first week of november not hear back yet? AHHHHH UCONN love me backkkkkkkk

II this morning. Complete Mid-August. Scheduling for mid-December and early January