You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Connecticut Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Are they still giving out interviews?
I interviewed Oct. 26th and still haven't heard back...Has anyone who interviewed early Nov. heard back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y
Yankees2519
I interviewed Oct. 26th and still haven't heard back...
You should follow up if you haven't already
Rejected today, IS applicant. Uconn was top choice, pretty bummed out
You mean post-interview?Rejected today, IS applicant. Uconn was top choice, pretty bummed out
curious as to what tier med school Uconn is. Since its heavy in state i never see people rank it along side the private schools
Yeah, post interviewYou mean post-interview?
.
Last edited:
IS complete 8/26 and haven't heard anything yet... Should I be expecting a letter of rejection soon?
IS complete 8/26 and haven't heard anything yet... Should I be expecting a letter of rejection soon?
IS complete 9/5 and silence here as well.
I sent them an email from the link on their website regarding my application status. I'll let you know if they email me back anything useful
IS complete 9/5 and silence here as well.
I sent them an email from the link on their website regarding my application status. I'll let you know if they email me back anything useful
A friend of mine applied last year, didn't hear back ever until the June of the NEXT application cycle after he called them asking for a status update. Few days later he got his rejection email. This school's application process is really sketchy.
IS Complete 8/20 and haven't heard anything either.IS complete 8/26 and haven't heard anything yet... Should I be expecting a letter of rejection soon?
A friend of mine applied last year, didn't hear back ever until the June of the NEXT application cycle after he called them asking for a status update. Few days later he got his rejection email. This school's application process is really sketchy.
I would have assumed as an instate applicant with a >3.9 and >80th percentile MCAT I would have heard something from my state school by now but I guess nothing is guaranteed this cycle
Just withdrew my interview slot for January 8th! A bit late but hoping it goes to one of you in-state people 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you hear anything back from your email? Also complete in July, haven't heard anything at all. I feel your frustrationI would have assumed as an instate applicant with a >3.9 and >80th percentile MCAT I would have heard something from my state school by now but I guess nothing is guaranteed this cycle
Last edited:
FYI, I just called them regarding my status (been complete since late July IS). She said my application is "under review" despite my portal saying "application complete." I asked her if there is a delay at all this cycle and she said there's no delay, it's just a long process and they interview "well into the spring."
I wonder if anyone has gotten a pre-II rejection. I'm in the same boat; complete early August and still at Application complete.FYI, I just called them regarding my status (been complete since late July IS). She said my application is "under review" despite my portal saying "application complete." I asked her if there is a delay at all this cycle and she said there's no delay, it's just a long process and they interview "well into the spring."
II last night!
IS, complete 9/5.
Dates offered were 1/15 and 1/22
IS, complete 9/5.
Dates offered were 1/15 and 1/22
Also received an II yesterday!
IS, and complete in early July. If you're waiting...there is still hope! 🙂
IS, and complete in early July. If you're waiting...there is still hope! 🙂
Can anyone tell me about the format of the interview?
I know you meet in a group with the dean and do the TBL exercise. Is it then 2 1-on-1 interviews or 1 2-on-1 interview?
I know you meet in a group with the dean and do the TBL exercise. Is it then 2 1-on-1 interviews or 1 2-on-1 interview?
2 1 on 1 interviews. 1 of these is with a student.Can anyone tell me about the format of the interview?
I know you meet in a group with the dean and do the TBL exercise. Is it then 2 1-on-1 interviews or 1 2-on-1 interview?
1 with a faculty member and 1 with a student.
ItCan anyone tell me about the format of the interview?
I know you meet in a group with the dean and do the TBL exercise. Is it then 2 1-on-1 interviews or 1 2-on-1 interview?
Interview dateAccepted Yesterday morning!!!! Yay! God is great.. Please do not give up; I know it is really hard to wait, but they will get back to you. My stats were just about average, but I was offered a position here.
Ok, Congrats btwI interviewed on December 14th.
I was reading the SDN interview questions for UCONN and saw a lot related to healthcare/ACA. Did you guys think that during your interview? Not sure wha materials to use to read up on it
In my experience, I didn't have many questions on healthcare/ACA. If anything, I would say it came up in conversation as a question like "What challenges will you face as a physician?" or "What do you think is wrong with healthcare?" Nothing that was incredibly specific, so don't worry too much!I was reading the SDN interview questions for UCONN and saw a lot related to healthcare/ACA. Did you guys think that during your interview? Not sure wha materials to use to read up on it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y
Yankees2519
I had a question about the ACA from my student interviewer.
Hey guys, congratulations on your II... One last step closer to your acceptance email/letter. I am sure you are all excited and nervous at the same time. I have good news for you. The UConn interview will probably be the most laid back interview you will ever have. I was very nervous a day or two before my interview, but it all ended the moment I entered the admissions office. They will greet you with the warmest welcome, and then direct you to the Team Based Learning exercise; which will be easy and fun. Just be yourself, and put a smile on your face. They want to see who all can fare better around others.
The interview should be easy as well. There will be no technical or tricky questions; you are more than welcome to make it a conversational interview; most especially with the student interview. I am not quite sure about the faculty interview because every person is different. However the overarching tip is that you know exactly why you want to be a doctor, and refresh on your primary application entries. the interviewer will have a copy of it with him/her.
I am so excited for you guys, and will be praying for your successful interview day. This can be hard to achieve, but try to be relaxed, and be your self. All they want is to know you better on a personal level.
Good luck on you Interview!!!
A.N
The interview should be easy as well. There will be no technical or tricky questions; you are more than welcome to make it a conversational interview; most especially with the student interview. I am not quite sure about the faculty interview because every person is different. However the overarching tip is that you know exactly why you want to be a doctor, and refresh on your primary application entries. the interviewer will have a copy of it with him/her.
I am so excited for you guys, and will be praying for your successful interview day. This can be hard to achieve, but try to be relaxed, and be your self. All they want is to know you better on a personal level.
Good luck on you Interview!!!
A.N
How long does it take to usually hear back post-interview?
How long does it take to usually hear back post-interview?
2-3 weeks?
Was put on the alternate list this week. Interviewed mid-January. Pretty bummed, but I'm glad there's still a chance. Does anyone know about the alternate list and if it moves much for IS applicants?
To tag along, has anyone been placed on the "high alternate list?" They've used this in the past, I don't know if they still use this. Really hoping to get off the WLWas put on the alternate list this week. Interviewed mid-January. Pretty bummed, but I'm glad there's still a chance. Does anyone know about the alternate list and if it moves much for IS applicants?
Yes I received one. I thought it was odd, because I signed it and sent it to them via email over a month ago. Have you guys heard anything from financial aid office yet?
I did the same. Nope, nothing from the FA office.
Was put on the alternate list this week. Interviewed mid-January. Pretty bummed, but I'm glad there's still a chance. Does anyone know about the alternate list and if it moves much for IS applicants?
May I ask when you interviewed? I was the 1/22 interview date and anxiously waiting to hear back!
I got an email saying to ignore the second technical standards request. Although I never got a second one...Got another technical standards email this morning, submitted it again...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Called them today just to get a time frame on post-interview and I was told mid-March at the earliest for an 1/22 interview date. They told us early to mid-February at our interview date.
Idk if I can wait that long
Idk if I can wait that long
They doTo tag along, has anyone been placed on the "high alternate list?" They've used this in the past, I don't know if they still use this. Really hoping to get off the WL
Interviewed recently, also said will be hearing back mid-MarchCalled them today just to get a time frame on post-interview and I was told mid-March at the earliest for an 1/22 interview date. They told us early to mid-February at our interview date.
Idk if I can wait that long![]()
Interviewed recently, also said will be hearing back mid-March
That is gonna be painful. I didn't think it would take 6+ weeks to hear back 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K