2015-2016 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed early Nov. heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today, IS applicant. Uconn was top choice, pretty bummed out

curious as to what tier med school Uconn is. Since its heavy in state i never see people rank it along side the private schools

IS complete 8/26 and haven't heard anything yet... Should I be expecting a letter of rejection soon?

IS complete 8/26 and haven't heard anything yet... Should I be expecting a letter of rejection soon?

IS complete 9/5 and silence here as well.

I sent them an email from the link on their website regarding my application status. I'll let you know if they email me back anything useful

Reactions: 1 users
IS complete 9/5 and silence here as well.

I sent them an email from the link on their website regarding my application status. I'll let you know if they email me back anything useful

A friend of mine applied last year, didn't hear back ever until the June of the NEXT application cycle after he called them asking for a status update. Few days later he got his rejection email. This school's application process is really sketchy.

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine applied last year, didn't hear back ever until the June of the NEXT application cycle after he called them asking for a status update. Few days later he got his rejection email. This school's application process is really sketchy.

I would have assumed as an instate applicant with a >3.9 and >80th percentile MCAT I would have heard something from my state school by now but I guess nothing is guaranteed this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my interview slot for January 8th! A bit late but hoping it goes to one of you in-state people :hello:

Reactions: 4 users
I would have assumed as an instate applicant with a >3.9 and >80th percentile MCAT I would have heard something from my state school by now but I guess nothing is guaranteed this cycle
Did you hear anything back from your email? Also complete in July, haven't heard anything at all. I feel your frustration

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
FYI, I just called them regarding my status (been complete since late July IS). She said my application is "under review" despite my portal saying "application complete." I asked her if there is a delay at all this cycle and she said there's no delay, it's just a long process and they interview "well into the spring."

Reactions: 3 users
FYI, I just called them regarding my status (been complete since late July IS). She said my application is "under review" despite my portal saying "application complete." I asked her if there is a delay at all this cycle and she said there's no delay, it's just a long process and they interview "well into the spring."
I wonder if anyone has gotten a pre-II rejection. I'm in the same boat; complete early August and still at Application complete.

II last night!

IS, complete 9/5.

Dates offered were 1/15 and 1/22

Reactions: 6 users
Also received an II yesterday!
IS, and complete in early July. If you're waiting...there is still hope! :)

Can anyone tell me about the format of the interview?

I know you meet in a group with the dean and do the TBL exercise. Is it then 2 1-on-1 interviews or 1 2-on-1 interview?

I know you meet in a group with the dean and do the TBL exercise. Is it then 2 1-on-1 interviews or 1 2-on-1 interview?
2 1 on 1 interviews. 1 of these is with a student.

1 with a faculty member and 1 with a student.

It

Anyone know when the committee is meeting next?

Accepted Yesterday morning!!!! Yay! God is great.. Please do not give up; I know it is really hard to wait, but they will get back to you. My stats were just about average, but I was offered a position here.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted Yesterday morning!!!! Yay! God is great.. Please do not give up; I know it is really hard to wait, but they will get back to you. My stats were just about average, but I was offered a position here.
Interview date

I was reading the SDN interview questions for UCONN and saw a lot related to healthcare/ACA. Did you guys think that during your interview? Not sure wha materials to use to read up on it

I was reading the SDN interview questions for UCONN and saw a lot related to healthcare/ACA. Did you guys think that during your interview? Not sure wha materials to use to read up on it
In my experience, I didn't have many questions on healthcare/ACA. If anything, I would say it came up in conversation as a question like "What challenges will you face as a physician?" or "What do you think is wrong with healthcare?" Nothing that was incredibly specific, so don't worry too much!

I had a question about the ACA from my student interviewer.

II today! Ecstatic they are still giving out IIs right now. How is the interview environment and what would you say was the 'hardest' part of the whole day? Did you have to prepare any knowledge beforehand of news/current events etc? Thanks!

Hey guys, congratulations on your II... One last step closer to your acceptance email/letter. I am sure you are all excited and nervous at the same time. I have good news for you. The UConn interview will probably be the most laid back interview you will ever have. I was very nervous a day or two before my interview, but it all ended the moment I entered the admissions office. They will greet you with the warmest welcome, and then direct you to the Team Based Learning exercise; which will be easy and fun. Just be yourself, and put a smile on your face. They want to see who all can fare better around others.

The interview should be easy as well. There will be no technical or tricky questions; you are more than welcome to make it a conversational interview; most especially with the student interview. I am not quite sure about the faculty interview because every person is different. However the overarching tip is that you know exactly why you want to be a doctor, and refresh on your primary application entries. the interviewer will have a copy of it with him/her.

I am so excited for you guys, and will be praying for your successful interview day. This can be hard to achieve, but try to be relaxed, and be your self. All they want is to know you better on a personal level.

Good luck on you Interview!!!

A.N

Reactions: 2 users
How long does it take to usually hear back post-interview?

Was put on the alternate list this week. Interviewed mid-January. Pretty bummed, but I'm glad there's still a chance. Does anyone know about the alternate list and if it moves much for IS applicants?

Was put on the alternate list this week. Interviewed mid-January. Pretty bummed, but I'm glad there's still a chance. Does anyone know about the alternate list and if it moves much for IS applicants?
To tag along, has anyone been placed on the "high alternate list?" They've used this in the past, I don't know if they still use this. Really hoping to get off the WL

Anyone else just get an email about accepting their Technical Standards?

Yes I received one. I thought it was odd, because I signed it and sent it to them via email over a month ago. Have you guys heard anything from financial aid office yet?

Yes I received one. I thought it was odd, because I signed it and sent it to them via email over a month ago. Have you guys heard anything from financial aid office yet?

I did the same. Nope, nothing from the FA office.

I vaguely remember having done it already as well so I was confused but I assumed I was probably confusing it with some other school so I just did it again

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

May I ask when you interviewed? I was the 1/22 interview date and anxiously waiting to hear back! :nailbiting:

Got another technical standards email this morning, submitted it again...

Got another technical standards email this morning, submitted it again...
I got an email saying to ignore the second technical standards request. Although I never got a second one...

Called them today just to get a time frame on post-interview and I was told mid-March at the earliest for an 1/22 interview date. They told us early to mid-February at our interview date.

Idk if I can wait that long :nailbiting:

Are we supposed to get a financial aid packet with info from uconn? It says so on their website but it looks like it hasn't been updated

Called them today just to get a time frame on post-interview and I was told mid-March at the earliest for an 1/22 interview date. They told us early to mid-February at our interview date.

Idk if I can wait that long :nailbiting:
Interviewed recently, also said will be hearing back mid-March