-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Or the early OOS crew!Congrats to all those with IIs!! Hopefully they will review the 7/23 bunch soon...
So................ the interview scheduling tab has this beautiful message:
"There are currently no available interview slots. Please contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible for more details on this situation."
Now what?
"There are currently no available interview slots. Please contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible for more details on this situation."
Now what?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So................ the interview scheduling tab has this beautiful message:
"There are currently no available interview slots. Please contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible for more details on this situation."
Now what?
How did they already fill up! I was excited about this place and my "may" status.
Sorry about that but I'm sure they will schedule you one when you call. I received a II the last week of August and the earliest then was Oct. they seem to be filling up interview slots quickly.So................ the interview scheduling tab has this beautiful message:
"There are currently no available interview slots. Please contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible for more details on this situation."
Now what?
An open letter to the VCU admissions committee:
COME ON!
Very Respectfully,
hp
COME ON!

Very Respectfully,
hp
Has anyone ever met with a vcu admissions officer? The website says we can but I was wondering under what conditions people normally do that
I have heard of people meeting admissions after a rejection for a file review. I doubt you can meet during this part of the app season.Has anyone ever met with a vcu admissions officer? The website says we can but I was wondering under what conditions people normally do that
Has anyone ever met with a vcu admissions officer? The website says we can but I was wondering under what conditions people normally do that
I did after the completion of last cycle. We talked on the phone for an hour (I'm OOS) and went through my application with a comb. I was put on hold for fall grades last year, then never got an interview (after getting a 4.0 for the fall too [emoji19]). She talked about how they come up with your priority score and advised how I could improve for the next cycle. She asked what I'd done to improve so far and actually advised me to go ahead and apply again this year. My meeting was with the admissions director. Super nice and helpful!
So................ the interview scheduling tab has this beautiful message:
"There are currently no available interview slots. Please contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible for more details on this situation."
Now what?
Can you let us know what date you end up getting?
Has anyone ever met with a vcu admissions officer? The website says we can but I was wondering under what conditions people normally do that
I have met with them, though that was last summer when I was starting to consider where I ought to apply. They let me bring my transcripts in, listened to my background, and helped me get a feel for how potentially competitive I would be. Very nice staff.
I just got an II from the MAY status... Is the Richmond airport the best to fly into?
Definitely.
Edit: Unless you have friends/family to drive you to Richmond from Norfolk. Tickets into Norfolk might be slightly cheaper, but that's 1 1/2 - 2 hours from Richmond. The Richmond airport is a 15 minute drive from downtown.
They can't really be out of interview sports this early in the application cycle, can they?? That seems ridiculous, they haven't even reviewed everyone's file yetSo................ the interview scheduling tab has this beautiful message:
"There are currently no available interview slots. Please contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible for more details on this situation."
Now what?
With 7 II, I don't think you have much to worry about, lol. I say just leave it alone for now.Perhaps, but a bit more transparency would be appreciated. When I called to ask about the supplemental app and figure out why I never received notification that I had been granted one, they were pretty rude and unhelpful. I called because I was genuinely concerned that there was an issue with my contact information or something missing from my application. I almost didn't apply at all because I had such a bad vibe. Now I can't even find a valid email address or get through via phone call to confirm the status of my application. Not to sound whiny, but I'm considering withdrawing. I don't think I could handle this carelessness for four years when other admissions committees seem to sincerely want to help their applicants during this stressful process.
It's likely that they overbooked just to see who withdraws their app later before reviewing the rest of the OOS or something.
Still waiting for a secondary from here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just checked, they did that with mine too. don't think its a big dealYou know...they assigned all of my letters as science letters when one of them was non-science and another professional. I emailed them but no reply yet. I don't know what to do. It has been two weeks!!! Halpppp 🙁
just checked, they did that with mine too. don't think its a big deal
Don't worry about it too much, they did that with mine too, but I still got an II.
II today!! First one of the cycle (IS) [emoji4][emoji4]
Interviewing on Dec. 7th
@rachiie01 admissions was super rude to me too when I called last week about an LOR question [emoji23]
Interviewing on Dec. 7th
@rachiie01 admissions was super rude to me too when I called last week about an LOR question [emoji23]
Last edited:
II today!! First one of the cycle (IS) [emoji4][emoji4]
@rachiie01 admissions was super rude to me too when I called last week about an LOR question [emoji23]
Knew it. I can see the future... Good luck bro!
just checked, they did that with mine too. don't think its a big deal
Don't worry about it too much, they did that with mine too, but I still got an II.
Thanks for the reply guys. So I assume you were not complete with the file?
Knew it. I can see the future... Good luck bro!
Thank you, same to you as well!! Saw your MCAT, I'm sure this cycle will treat you well 🙂
So I got 11/2. A bunch of dates opened up last night around 10pm PST. I'm thinking they might open up spots automatically every day. So if anyone's waiting go online around 12am EST 🙂Can you let us know what date you end up getting?
+1Don't worry about it too much, they did that with mine too, but I still got an II.
My app was still complete despite them all being marked science.Thanks for the reply guys. So I assume you were not complete with the file?
No updates on my status here after being complete early. I remain hopeful for an interview, but I'm afraid that I will receive rejection notice here. I'm OOS with mediocre stats so I highly doubt I'm on the top of the pile 🙁.
Nearly certain I would not have received a II if I was OOS
So I got 11/2. A bunch of dates opened up last night around 10pm PST. I'm thinking they might open up spots automatically every day. So if anyone's waiting go online around 12am EST 🙂
Did you wait to schedule or did you use the reschedule button? Thanks! Congrats on the interview

.
Last edited:
Seems a bit unfair that I confirmed my January date while they had limited spots open. Don't know whether I should call or use the reschedule tab to try and get an earlier interview now that there are more.So I got 11/2. A bunch of dates opened up last night around 10pm PST. I'm thinking they might open up spots automatically every day. So if anyone's waiting go online around 12am EST 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I agree with the unfair bit :/ the first time spots opened upward on 9/4, it was for 9/8 - there was no way I could make that. I also never got a reply from the interview lady I emailed - which is frustrating bc if you can't schedule in 7 days they withdraw you..... And I know she read the email too.Seems a bit unfair that I confirmed my January date while they had limited spots open. Don't know whether I should call or use the reschedule tab to try and get an earlier interview now that there are more.
Try late at night!Anyone know when they add new interview slots?
Hahah not looking good. Complete early July, still no status change.
dang it, they havent even read mine yet. and I was done mid July.
Your M.D. file is now complete. The Sub-Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile.
dang it, they havent even read mine yet. and I was done mid July.
Your M.D. file is now complete. The Sub-Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile.
+1
Still waiting from the freaking SIXTH!dang it, they havent even read mine yet. and I was done mid July.
Your M.D. file is now complete. The Sub-Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile.
I submitted on 8/25 and got an II yesterday. Did not expect it at all, because my GPA is quite low. I am SO EXCITED to interview here and see the school. Definitely my top choice school, as I'm in-state. (For reference I got the "further" status three days ago, and don't think my status changed until the II.)
I submitted on 8/25 and got an II yesterday. Did not expect it at all, because my GPA is quite low. I am SO EXCITED to interview here and see the school. Definitely my top choice school, as I'm in-state. (For reference I got the "further" status three days ago, and don't think my status changed until the II.)
This is gonna piss a lot of people off.... Lol.
Edit: Congrats, though! I'm not salty - I already interviewed.
Loooool,This is gonna piss a lot of people off.... Lol.
Edit: Congrats, though! I'm not salty - I already interviewed.
Yeah, I can see that happening but We're big boys and girls now...mostly 😛
Denied =[. Good Luck to the rest of you though!
Denied =[. Good Luck to the rest of you though!
They are rejecting already?? When were you complete? OOS/IS? I'm so sorry to hear that!!
Complete July 3rd. OOS. My stats are very middle of the road, perhaps even lower middle of the road but I have a decent story which is why I applied this cycle. I would take my rejection with a grain of salt. I've gotten II's so I'm not freaking out but thank you.
Try late at night!
Alright will do. How long did you have to wait after receiving the II before slots became available?
lawl. I'm pretty sure at least like 5 people per page on this thread have been commenting saying they haven't received an update. Including this page.OOS with no status update here yet. Anyone else in the same boat?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@XxThaDoggxX Yesssss I'm so excited for you!! I hope they treat you better in person, love!
Instead of withdrawing I made a bet with a friend to see how long it takes them to actually review our files. We're coming up on two months since submission for both of us haha. This has become a running joke.
Instead of withdrawing I made a bet with a friend to see how long it takes them to actually review our files. We're coming up on two months since submission for both of us haha. This has become a running joke.
did you get an email or you just checked the portal?Just got a status update: rejected. Complete 7/21. Canadian applicant.
Just got a status update: rejected. Complete 7/21. Canadian applicant.
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Good luck man
ii scheduled for sept 16. stoked! complete 8/25
but this is totally not fair to my friends who received ii weeks ago but are scheduled for December...
has anyone clicked the reschedule button to know what it actually does? asking for them. insight appreciated for the whole SDN community
but this is totally not fair to my friends who received ii weeks ago but are scheduled for December...
has anyone clicked the reschedule button to know what it actually does? asking for them. insight appreciated for the whole SDN community