2016-2017 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! Have any accepted students been told about a merit scholarship with their acceptance? Or would those come out with the financial aid packages in April? Thanks!
 
:hello:

Still here and still hoping to get an II for this school -- complete late August.

Wishing the best for all of us who are still waiting! :whistle:
 
What do you guys think is going on for those of us that haven't heard anything since July? Kinda odd. I feel like they should have rejected us by now if we haven't been offered an interview...
Same boat. I sent in another update this morning. Man I'd love an II here.
 
What do you guys think is going on for those of us that haven't heard anything since July? Kinda odd. I feel like they should have rejected us by now if we haven't been offered an interview...

I think rejection is inevitable. In the same boat. Complete early July. My first submitted secondary in fact.
 
What do you guys think is going on for those of us that haven't heard anything since July? Kinda odd. I feel like they should have rejected us by now if we haven't been offered an interview...

I think their portal says they don't reject until after interviews are completed. I'm sure at the point the chance of an interview is slim-to-none. I wish they did rolling rejections!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the II email explicitly say that the interview is for the Md-ScM program if you are being considered for the program?
 
Does the II email explicitly say that the interview is for the Md-ScM program if you are being considered for the program?

I don't think mine did--I think if you checked that box on the application and were invited for an interview, it's safe to assume they are going to consider you for that program. Someone upthread said you will still be considered for regular track as well but I haven't read anything more about that / don't know how it would be balanced etc.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Safe to assume they're done sending IIs?

If the last day is 2/17 they probably would have sent invitations by now... maybe absolute latest this Friday?
 
Safe to assume they're done sending IIs?

If the last day is 2/17 they probably would have sent invitations by now... maybe absolute latest this Friday?
you want my ii? I think I'll withdraw today. Anyone else applying for ScM also get the email this morning regarding acceptance timeline?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Safe to assume they're done sending IIs?

If the last day is 2/17 they probably would have sent invitations by now... maybe absolute latest this Friday?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. For the past two years on sdn network no one has posted past saying they got interviews. That doesn't mean they didn't send them I just think at this point there is little hope. Maybe they are just waiting until Friday to give us all interviews though 🙂. Here's to hoping!
 
Just withdrew from interview happening on one of the last days. Hope it goes to one of you cool cats
 
you want my ii? I think I'll withdraw today. Anyone else applying for ScM also get the email this morning regarding acceptance timeline?

What did the email say? I applied ScM but I don't remember getting an email or anything specific like that about the acceptance timeline...
 
What did the email say? I applied ScM but I don't remember getting an email or anything specific like that about the acceptance timeline...
it told me the timeline for regular md (rolling) and for scm (specific date). It also said that MD and ScM decisions are independent.
 
Just withdrew from interview happening on one of the last days. Hope it goes to one of you cool cats

I think I may have received your interview! Thank you so much! To those that have interviewed so far, when did your interview day end? Online it says the day ends at 4 pm, but not sure if that's too late to catch a 5:10 pm flight back.