2016-2017 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You folks are making me nervous. I'm in the massacre window...

Sorry to hear about the bad news, y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Damn are the rejections still being handed out today?!

Complete 10/3

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Wow wave of rejections... hopefully I'm still in the running or I may get axed in a few minutes...

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the axe today :( Was really hoping for the MD-ScM program, but I guess it wasn't in the cards for me. Best of luck to all!

I feel like I'm just standing on a plank, waiting to be pushed off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
The blood bath continues... rejected. Nontrad with crappy Lizzy M, so I shoulda known

....is it... is it safe to come out yet?

Edit: Which brothers and sisters have been spared the sacrificial slaughter?

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also survived the slaughter. Complete early August. Just sent them an update letter and we will see what happens.

Rejected! Complete in November
I'm just glad that I know now and I can move on. So thank you brown :)

Survived the blood bath. really don't understand this process sometimes haha

Thought I was safe but then...Rejected. Complete late August, LM ~74

I was somehow spared...
Brown, just tell me something please.

Reactions: 5 users
Hahaha what time did you get the email? They're still sending them out now??

Looks like they sent it at like 4:57. Ate dinner, minding my own business. BAM.
Good luck to all here! Providence is an awesome town.

Axed. I'm too good for them anyways. Bye Felicia.

Reactions: 3 users
Hopping on yesterday's rejection train! OOS, complete mid-late July, stats below.

II! Whew. Super late nontrad applicant, first II.

Reactions: 14 users
Thank you all! Secondary invite 10/26 complete 11/2. I submitted my primary in mid October.

WHAAATT somehow got an II here just now! this school looks perfect! dates available mid feb. LM>80, complete early summer

Reactions: 10 users
I applied MD-ScM. If/when I don't get into that, am I considered for MD only? As you can see I'm very optimistic about this whole process lol

I applied MD-ScM. If/when I don't get into that, am I considered for MD only? As you can see I'm very optimistic about this whole process lol

Congratulations on your interview!!! I'm interviewing here on Thursday. Did your invite mention anything about the MD-ScM program? I applied for that too but I didn't see anything in my email about it.

Congratulations on your interview!!! I'm interviewing here on Thursday. Did your invite mention anything about the MD-ScM program? I applied for that too but I didn't see anything in my email about it.
no it didn't! I do know that we will all hear in March, so it's not rolling like everyone else

no it didn't! I do know that we will all hear in March, so it's not rolling like everyone else
Awesome, congrats! I also applied to the MD/ScM program and was wondering the same thing haha.

I interviewed here a little while ago. I applied to the MD-ScM program and nothing about it was mentioned in my invitation. On the interview day, there was more information in my packet that included things specific to the MD-ScM program and I was interviewed by people involved in the program.

Good luck with your interviews, everyone! I really enjoyed the whole process :)

I interviewed here a little while ago. I applied to the MD-ScM program and nothing about it was mentioned in my invitation. On the interview day, there was more information in my packet that included things specific to the MD-ScM program and I was interviewed by people involved in the program.

Good luck with your interviews, everyone! I really enjoyed the whole process :)

Thanks for the info! Have you decided where you are going yet?

Thanks for the info! Have you decided where you are going yet?

I guess when I said that I enjoyed the whole process, I should have qualified that by saying "except the part where I was waitlisted." I've decided I'm going to go there, but now I just have to get the admissions committee to agree with me! Luckily, I was accepted to one of my state schools and will happily go there if my efforts with Brown don't pull through.

Yes, if you're not accepted to the MD-ScM program, you will be considered for the MD only track. Congrats!!

Rejected! Complete in sept. Good luck everyone!