You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Central Michigan University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats peeps!!
Do you know what time the interview day ends?II...IS. Lizzy 71. Complete July 22nd. Was placed on hold for 2 weeks before the invite today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know what time the interview day ends?
Not yet. I haven't selected an interview date yet.
Do you know what time the interview day ends?
I spoke with the admissions office. You need to check-in between 8:30 and 9am. And you should finish at 4:30pm.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For those of you who have an interview invite or who have already interviewed, how do you plan on getting to the campus from... say... the airport? [emoji51]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For those of you who have an interview invite or who have already interviewed, how do you plan on getting to the campus from... say... the airport? [emoji51]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of people last year rented a car, Mt Pleasant is kind of in the middle of nowhere to a degree, especially if you're flying in from Lansing or Detroit.
+1 to star.buck. The nearest airport is Midland-Bay City (MBS), which is approx. 40 minutes from Mt. Pleasant. Other air options include Lansing-Capital Region (LAN) and Flint Bishop (FNT), both around a 1h30m drive. Your nearest hub airport is Detroit Metro (DTW), which is 2h45m driving. Any way you slice it, you will be driving a bunch to get to Mt. P. If you can find interviewees traveling from your area, you may want to arrange a meet-up and split the cost.
Anyone traveling from MBS to Mt. Pleasant on 9/29 for a 9/30 AM interview, holler at your girl!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Application Review completed (updated sometime between today and when I last checked the portal on Saturday). Did not receive an email about it. My secondary was fully complete on 07/27.
II just now!!! First one. Marked complete over this weekend. IS!
Last edited:
II just now!!! First one. Complete over this weekend. IS!
congrats! stats? I think that is the fastest turnaround time ever lol
congrats! stats? I think that is the fastest turnaround time ever lol
Thank you!I believe I should have been more clear; "marked complete" over this weekend. Haha, that would be fast! I was complete on 7/19. LizzyM~69
Nice! When did you do the CASPer exam if you don't mind?II this morning! First MD!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
July 26thNice! When did you do the CASPer exam if you don't mind?
Is anyone else still not "under review"? I was complete on 8/8.
Is anyone else still not "under review"? I was complete on 8/8.
I'm not either. Was complete mid July D:.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
In the same boat =/ Complete in early July...
Is anyone else still not "under review"? I was complete on 8/8.
Yup. Complete since mid/late July.
didnt you withdraw from 20+ schools?Is anyone else still not "under review"? I was complete on 8/8.
Yes. How is that relevant?didnt you withdraw from 20+ schools?
just wondering.. it seems like we are on all the same school posts lol congrats on your admissions btwYes. How is that relevant?
Oh sorry haha. Yeah I withdrew from all DO, which was 21 schools.just wondering.. it seems like we are on all the same school posts lol congrats on your admissions btw
FINALLY UNDER REVIEW 🙂 I've been complete since 7/17!
Same. Complete 8/8.
This happened to me yesterday. I am not taking any more classes nor am I planning to retake MCAT. So I wouldn't worry about it.
FINALLY UNDER REVIEW 🙂 I've been complete since 7/17!
+1! Complete 7/24. Must have happened just a short time ago as it was not there this morning. Notes "Your supplemental application is complete and your materials are currently under review. This process can up to 8 weeks to complete." Glad to finally be onto the next step!
are the chances for an OOS acceptance here low with a 28 mcat? i really want to apply but they only matriculated 20 OOS here (not sure how many they accepted)
are the chances for an OOS acceptance here low with a 28 mcat? i really want to apply but they only matriculated 20 OOS here (not sure how many they accepted)
Really depends on your application as a whole, that's about where my MCAT was, and I was accepted. But I'm also IS, with a lot of compassionate life experience.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really depends on your application as a whole, that's about where my MCAT was, and I was accepted. But I'm also IS, with a lot of compassionate life experience.
Thanks! I have lots of meaningful community service and research so the rest of my app is pretty solid! I guess I'll go ahead and give my best shot and apply
You also have to put that "only 20 OOS" students statement into perspective. If you look at pretty much ANY public state school, their OOS acceptance is about 20%, right in-line with CMU, so you have an relatively equal chance here as you do at any other state school.are the chances for an OOS acceptance here low with a 28 mcat? i really want to apply but they only matriculated 20 OOS here (not sure how many they accepted)
And 28 is on-par with a number of students here. I can only speak for myself and my class, the out-of-state students seem to have slightly higher stats, but again that's also to be expected with any state school. In general, you say that you have a lot of meaningful community experience, which is the bread and butter of this school so absolutely apply! Good luck!
compassionate life experience.
Sounds erotic haha.
Sounds erotic haha.
Lol, hardly... I've worked a lot with geriatrics and some with the mentally ill... (Both populations that demand a ton of compassion but seem to rarely find it)
I came from a slightly different angle: high MCAT and tons of clinical experience balancing one ancient and one middle-aged (by applicant standards) undergrad body of work. CMED puts a massive value on clinical and community service relative to other schools. I'd say go for it. Best of luck!
Portal now says: "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending". Anyone else have this as their status? Wondering if that means hold or something else.
How long did it take to go from "materials under review" to that?Portal now says: "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending". Anyone else have this as their status? Wondering if that means hold or something else.
Portal now says: "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending". Anyone else have this as their status? Wondering if that means hold or something else.
This was me for two weeks. Then I received an II. Good luck!
How long did it take to go from "materials under review" to that?
No more than three weeks or so
I've had that status for about a week or so nowPortal now says: "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending". Anyone else have this as their status? Wondering if that means hold or something else.
I've had that status for about a week or so now
I got this status within the last week as well. I'm thinking everybody gets this status, but maybe it's a good thing!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last year's applicants that were placed on hold received an email that they were on hold. I'm guessing it's like an intermediate stage before they determine whether they are going to offer you an interview or put you on hold. A lot of people last year and this year were invited to interviews after their status switched from "under review" to "interview pending". The moral of the story though is that if we were on hold, then they would send us an email and vice versa for an interview invite.
agh. how am I still under review?

The admissions committee did say they changed a lot of things this year... So look at last year cautiously, it may not be useful in understand this year's trends.
The admissions committee did say they changed a lot of things this year... So look at last year cautiously, it may not be useful in understand this year's trends.
Thanks for sharing that piece. What's this according to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for sharing that piece. What's this according to?
Any of the comparisons people are making to last year's timings and cycle trends.
had a dream that this school rejected me, lol
had a dream that this school rejected me, lol
the stress of waiting has gotten to you lol
Here!
