-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Central Michigan University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Decided to create an account today. I just wanted to mention that I have an interview set up for the 30th. I was complete on July 29th and received an invite on the 7th of this month. 4.0 science, 3.92 cumulative, but a poor MCAT score.
See you there too!! Good luck!! Are you IS?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am out of state and will actually be driving roughly 9 hours to get there. I'm excited and am just lucky to have interviews. I have 4 thus far.
Driving from Ann Arbor! You?
I am out of state and will actually be driving roughly 9 hours to get there. I'm excited and am just lucky to have interviews. I have 4 thus far.
No way... Where from? (As in where are you driving from but also where are you interviewing?)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Driving from Ann Arbor! You?
Nice! I'm from there too 🙂 I'm in DC for work so I'll be flying in
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Driving from Ann Arbor! You?
is the interview in Saginaw? or mt. pleasant?
No way... Where from? (As in where are you driving from but also where are you interviewing?)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm driving from St. Louis, Missouri. I have already interviewed at the University of Arizona School of Medicine - Phoenix. Otherwise, it's Central Michigan, VCOM, and Rowan in New Jersey. What's crazy is that my New Jersey interview is the Saturday right after our Central Michigan interview. So, I'm going to be driving 11 hours over night but thankfully I'll be driving with someone else so hopefully I can get some sleep. Again, I'm just lucky to have interviews so I'm going to do what I need to do.
I'm driving from St. Louis, Missouri. I have already interviewed at the University of Arizona School of Medicine - Phoenix. Otherwise, it's Central Michigan, VCOM, and Rowan in New Jersey. What's crazy is that my New Jersey interview is the Saturday right after our Central Michigan interview. So, I'm going to be driving 11 hours over night but thankfully I'll be driving with someone else so hopefully I can get some sleep. Again, I'm just lucky to have interviews so I'm going to do what I need to do.
Congrats on the interviews! Do what you gotta do buddy, just do it safely!
is the interview in Saginaw? or mt. pleasant?
Mt. P!
I submitted my secondary 8/16/16 and I have been given the message "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February" last past week -- is that a good sign or not? *FREAKING OUT TBH*
Also, took CASPER two days ago (I was studying abroad with horrible internet that's why the big difference in secondary submission date and CASPER).
Also, took CASPER two days ago (I was studying abroad with horrible internet that's why the big difference in secondary submission date and CASPER).
I submitted my secondary 8/16/16 and I have been given the message "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February" last past week -- is that a good sign or not? *FREAKING OUT TBH*
Also, took CASPER two days ago (I was studying abroad with horrible internet that's why the big difference in secondary submission date and CASPER).
I have had the same message for weeks. I think it is more similar to a hold, it is definitely not a rejection. No point in freaking out, just sit back and relax and wait until Feb. for that II email 😛
I have had the same message for weeks. I think it is more similar to a hold, it is definitely not a rejection. No point in freaking out, just sit back and relax and wait until Feb. for that II email 😛
Well I wouldn't call it a hold either. It's kind of a hybrid status between a hold and an impending II. People on this thread have gotten IIs after being at this status for a couple weeks.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
yeah that sounds about rightWell I wouldn't call it a hold either. It's kind of a hybrid status between a hold and an impending II. People on this thread have gotten IIs after being at this status for a couple weeks.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete 10 days earlier than you and was only just moved to in review last week, so you are right on schedule it seems!I haven't moved into the "Application under review" status yet, and I was complete 8/17. Is anyone else in this or a similar situation? FYI, I am schedule to take CASPER 10/20, because I couldn't complete the earlier date.
Well I wouldn't call it a hold either. It's kind of a hybrid status between a hold and an impending II. People on this thread have gotten IIs after being at this status for a couple weeks.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Do you or anyone else know whether different messages are given to those who will receive an interview versus those who aren't? If everyone gets the message saying "but an interview decision is pending" after their application is complete, then I wouldn't consider it a good sign or a bad sign, just standard procedure.
If any of today's interviewees do not mind sharing their thoughts on the experience that would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure you guys rocked it!!
Me! Let's meet up!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome experience interviewing today! Everyone was so welcoming and all of the presentations were very informative. It is a pretty relaxed day but extremely long, I about fell asleep on my drive home. Can't say much about the interview process, so I'll just leave it at saying today was a positive experience all around.
Does Central hold Student Hosting? I am Interviewing here next Friday and am looking to save some money on getting a hotel. I am a 2.5 hour drive so I have been thinking about driving up there before the interview.
Not that I am aware of... There are some Air BNB places around which are a decent price. Congrats on the interview!!
Does Central hold Student Hosting? I am Interviewing here next Friday and am looking to save some money on getting a hotel. I am a 2.5 hour drive so I have been thinking about driving up there before the interview.
I didn't hear about any student hosting before I interviewed either. A few people mentioned being stressed while driving up the morning of the interview due to unexpected traffic/construction, so that's something else to consider!Not that I am aware of... There are some Air BNB places around which are a decent price. Congrats on the interview!!
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdot/MDOT_C_MapWeb-2011_350547_7.pdf
Definitely check these maps for construction issues before you decide to drive up the morning of the interview. Construction on 131 through Grand Rapids (when you come from the south west), or from Detroit on 75 can delay you a good while if you don't anticipate them and leave early. The above link will show you the ongoing construction...
Definitely check these maps for construction issues before you decide to drive up the morning of the interview. Construction on 131 through Grand Rapids (when you come from the south west), or from Detroit on 75 can delay you a good while if you don't anticipate them and leave early. The above link will show you the ongoing construction...
Hi! Just glancing at the interview agenda - does anyone know what they mean by "student interview"?
im not sure about this school, but at another school im interviewing at they have a current student (M4 maybe?) do a one-on-one interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Just glancing at the interview agenda - does anyone know what they mean by "student interview"?
Yep, exactly! The student interviews are pretty short. It just takes a while to give enough time for all the interviewees to have their turn.im not sure about this school, but at another school im interviewing at they have a current student (M4 maybe?) do a one-on-one interview
Yep, exactly! The student interviews are pretty short. It just takes a while to give enough time for all the interviewees to have their turn.
Did you already interview? Were the student interview questions traditional interview questions?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
A current student is "in the trenches" so to speak... and can have a good viewpoint on the admissions process and the interviewees. CMed wants the current students take part in the admissions process (though this is likely a very limited part). There are also students on the admissions committee.
This is likely the LEAST nerve inducing part of your interview, don't sweat it at all. 🙂
This is likely the LEAST nerve inducing part of your interview, don't sweat it at all. 🙂
Did you already interview? Were the student interview questions traditional interview questions?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes, I interviewed on 9/23. We all signed a non-disclosure agreement prior to the interview, so I don't think I can give any details about the interviews themselves. As you know from the interview day schedule, you will have MMI, student interviews, and a group exercise as part of the interview day. Preparing for an MMI typically involves preparing for all types of interview question styles/prompts, and this will more than prepare you for the student interviews as well.
Yes, I interviewed on 9/23. We all signed a non-disclosure agreement prior to the interview, so I don't think I can give any details about the interviews themselves. As you know from the interview day schedule, you will have MMI, student interviews, and a group exercise as part of the interview day. Preparing for an MMI typically involves preparing for all types of interview question styles/prompts, and this will more than prepare you for the student interviews as well.
You're awesome. Thanks a ton!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes, I interviewed on 9/23. We all signed a non-disclosure agreement prior to the interview, so I don't think I can give any details about the interviews themselves. As you know from the interview day schedule, you will have MMI, student interviews, and a group exercise as part of the interview day. Preparing for an MMI typically involves preparing for all types of interview question styles/prompts, and this will more than prepare you for the student interviews as well.
When will you hear back btw? I hope it's with an acceptance!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you!! 🙂 admissions stated that those in the first two interview groups should hear back around Oct 15.
II just now 
For those of you have already interviewed, what time does the day end? So I can look at flights.

For those of you have already interviewed, what time does the day end? So I can look at flights.
II just now
For those of you have already interviewed, what time does the day end? So I can look at flights.
Congrats!! Mind sharing complete date?
4:30pm. You have the option to leave earlier, after the interview portion of the day, but you'd miss the tour and info sessions. I don't think anyone in my group left early, and I'd definitely recommend staying if you can!II just now
For those of you have already interviewed, what time does the day end? So I can look at flights.
I was complete 8/8 and still haven't been put under review. Normal?
I was complete 7/24, wasn't put under review until 9/8. If you look back through the thread, it appears standard for most OOSers in particular.
As of the present there isn't a student hosting program, though it's been suggested as a possible future project. AirBNB is likely to be your cheapest option unless you have hotel reward points or whatnot. I do recommend driving up the night before if you're coming from anywhere in the Metro Detroit area or further distant. Construction is sporadic throughout the entire I-75 corridor (see star.buck's MDOT map link) and the State Police have no sense of humor about traffic stops in work zones.I didn't hear about any student hosting before I interviewed either. A few people mentioned being stressed while driving up the morning of the interview due to unexpected traffic/construction, so that's something else to consider!
Hope this helps! Congrats to everyone with new IIs!
II today. Completed 7/16. I'm out of money and I don't know if I can go now! OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! 7/14Congrats!! Mind sharing complete date?
Okay thank you! I'll just leave Saturday morning most likely.4:30pm. You have the option to leave earlier, after the interview portion of the day, but you'd miss the tour and info sessions. I don't think anyone in my group left early, and I'd definitely recommend staying if you can!
It's a really tiring day, so that may be a good idea! Good luck!Okay thank you! I'll just leave Saturday morning most likely.
IS :/. I'll probably wait til the 2 month mark and then ask what's up.I was complete 7/24, wasn't put under review until 9/8. If you look back through the thread, it appears standard for most OOSers in particular.
Poor as in << 500?Decided to create an account today. I just wanted to mention that I have an interview set up for the 30th. I was complete on July 29th and received an invite on the 7th of this month. 4.0 science, 3.92 cumulative, but a poor MCAT score.