You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
woot woot! ^^
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HA the essay says not to copy and paste personal statement, but it is asking for exactly what I wrote in my personal statement. One of the weirdest secondaries I have seen.
Do you mind sharing the essay questions? 🙂HA the essay says not to copy and paste personal statement, but it is asking for exactly what I wrote in my personal statement. One of the weirdest secondaries I have seen.
Please use this area to submit a composition of 300-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience. Please DO NOT copy and paste your AMCAS essay.Do you mind sharing the essay questions? 🙂
I got my secondary for this cycle yesterdayI believe she is referring to last year's prompt. I don't believe they have been sent out yet for this cycle
Awesome, thanks guys 🙂 These questions aren't bad at all. Some school's secondaries are just
I thought the "why medicine" question should be answered in your PS? But what do I know
I thought the "why medicine" question should be answered in your PS? But what do I know
Secondary received!
Noooo!! I'm sure you can contact the school and update the current version with your final secondary.lol definitely just figured out the hard way that the application doesn't let you save and come back later
Oh no no, I meant that it wouldn't save my work in progress! Thank goodness I didn't submit accidentally, that would have been quite the headache!Noooo!! I'm sure you can contact the school and update the current version with your final secondary.
Is this the only prompt for secondary? Did they screen for secondary?Please use this area to submit a composition of 300-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience. Please DO NOT copy and paste your AMCAS essay.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, there is only one secondary essay to write. Also, I don't think they screen.Is this the only prompt for secondary? Did they screen for secondary?
Do you guys know what the MCAT cutoff is? I'm retaking mine in August and I'm not sure if I should submit with my old score... 🙁 Thanks!!
INTERVIEW INVITE!Recieved today at 4pm. IS, 510 MCAT, 3.98 GPA
Congratulations! When were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Congrats! When did you submit?INTERVIEW INVITE!Recieved today at 4pm. IS, 510 MCAT, 3.98 GPA
Submitted my primary 6/7, Verified 6/14, submitted secondary 7/12.
Thanks everyone!
Thanks everyone!
INTERVIEW INVITE!Recieved today at 4pm. IS, 510 MCAT, 3.98 GPA
To echo everyone else - congrats! I'm assuming by your username that you're ECU undergrad?
Nope, not an ECU undergrad!
First II! LizzyM 71, complete 7/1
Did your status page have any dates on it or was the email the only thing you got that said your application was processed? My page doesn't have any date or anything on it but my AAMC id
IS or OOS? URM?First II! LizzyM 71, complete 7/1
Did your status page have any dates on it or was the email the only thing you got that said your application was processed? My page doesn't have any date or anything on it but my AAMC id
I got an email saying my application had been received on 7/1, and my status was updated on the webpage on 7/8 saying my application was being reviewed.
IS or OOS? URM?
IS, ORM
L
Lrnq
Hi! I was wondering if someone who hasn't submitted the secondary, or maybe has a copy of theirs, could post the questions related to taxes/tax status? My parents just told me some of the info they gave me before I submitted was wrong and I want to send the admissions office an update!
L
Lrnq
Hi! I was wondering if someone who hasn't submitted the secondary, or maybe has a copy of theirs, could post the questions related to taxes/tax status? My parents just told me some of the info they gave me before I submitted was wrong and I want to send the admissions office an update!
Nevermind I found what I needed!
Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who got IIs!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Stats please
Thanks!
What does LizzieM 72 mean? lol
What does LizzieM 72 mean? lol
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/schools/lizzym_score
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks!
So my status says " Your application is being reviewed and remains under consideration until you hear from us further" . I have had this for weeks now. Is this what those of you who are complete have? Those who got IIs did you have this status initially?
Also there is an empty tab each for Interview Information and Vegetarian Option . I am thinking this is standard for everyone under review.
Also there is an empty tab each for Interview Information and Vegetarian Option . I am thinking this is standard for everyone under review.
L
Lrnq
+1So my status says " Your application is being reviewed and remains under consideration until you hear from us further" . I have had this for weeks now. Is this what those of you who are complete have? Those who got IIs did you have this status initially?
Also there is an empty tab each for Interview Information and Vegetarian Option . I am thinking this is standard for everyone under review.
I submitted 7/1, got confirmation email 7/5, and have had this status since 7/8.
Yeah, mine still says that my application is reviewed. The only difference is that there is a date in the interview spot.So my status says " Your application is being reviewed and remains under consideration until you hear from us further" . I have had this for weeks now. Is this what those of you who are complete have? Those who got IIs did you have this status initially?
Also there is an empty tab each for Interview Information and Vegetarian Option . I am thinking this is standard for everyone under review.
Is anyone else interviewing in a couple weeks?
So my status says " Your application is being reviewed and remains under consideration until you hear from us further" . I have had this for weeks now. Is this what those of you who are complete have? Those who got IIs did you have this status initially?
Also there is an empty tab each for Interview Information and Vegetarian Option . I am thinking this is standard for everyone under review.
I got this status on 7/13, received II on 7/20
Same.
But with only 3 invites reported on this thread I'm not that concerned
+1
So my status says " Your application is being reviewed and remains under consideration until you hear from us further" . I have had this for weeks now. Is this what those of you who are complete have? Those who got IIs did you have this status initially?
Also there is an empty tab each for Interview Information and Vegetarian Option . I am thinking this is standard for everyone under review.
My status still says this 🙁 It's been like this since 07/08.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II , Complete 07/08
This afternoon , got an email my portal status still says under review yet to be updated .When did you get it? Did you have reviewed status before receiving?
Would one of you who got an invite mind saying what the email said? My portal status is updated but I can't open the email (which I'm assuming is about the II) and I'm freaking the f*** out.
The subject of my email said "Interview Invitation-Brody SOM." Inside it started off saying "Your application is complete and it has been reviewed. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to interview"
Recieved today at 4pm. IS,