2016-2017 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag me and/or @Ismet and we'll update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
HA the essay says not to copy and paste personal statement, but it is asking for exactly what I wrote in my personal statement. One of the weirdest secondaries I have seen.

Reactions: 2 users
HA the essay says not to copy and paste personal statement, but it is asking for exactly what I wrote in my personal statement. One of the weirdest secondaries I have seen.
Do you mind sharing the essay questions? :)

Do you mind sharing the essay questions? :)
Please use this area to submit a composition of 300-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience. Please DO NOT copy and paste your AMCAS essay.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe she is referring to last year's prompt. I don't believe they have been sent out yet for this cycle
I got my secondary for this cycle yesterday

Awesome, thanks guys :) These questions aren't bad at all. Some school's secondaries are just :scared: I thought the "why medicine" question should be answered in your PS? But what do I know:shrug:

My assumption is that they're just looking for a more concrete, succinct "why medicine" answer... I don't know about you guys, but I didn't touch all of the essay question areas in my PS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

lol definitely just figured out the hard way that the application doesn't let you save and come back later

lol definitely just figured out the hard way that the application doesn't let you save and come back later
Noooo!! I'm sure you can contact the school and update the current version with your final secondary.

Noooo!! I'm sure you can contact the school and update the current version with your final secondary.
Oh no no, I meant that it wouldn't save my work in progress! Thank goodness I didn't submit accidentally, that would have been quite the headache!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also for the date of receipt of your NC driver's license, do you write the date for your current one? Or your original one? I have been an NC resident since I got my learner's permit. I am considering calling the school to clarify.

Please use this area to submit a composition of 300-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience. Please DO NOT copy and paste your AMCAS essay.
Is this the only prompt for secondary? Did they screen for secondary?

Do you guys know what the MCAT cutoff is? I'm retaking mine in August and I'm not sure if I should submit with my old score... :( Thanks!!

INTERVIEW INVITE! :soexcited: Recieved today at 4pm. IS, LizzyM 71

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Submitted my primary 6/7, Verified 6/14, submitted secondary 7/12.

Thanks everyone!

Did your status page have any dates on it or was the email the only thing you got that said your application was processed? My page doesn't have any date or anything on it but my AAMC id

I got an email saying my application had been received on 7/1, and my status was updated on the webpage on 7/8 saying my application was being reviewed.

IS or OOS? URM?

IS, ORM

Hi! I was wondering if someone who hasn't submitted the secondary, or maybe has a copy of theirs, could post the questions related to taxes/tax status? My parents just told me some of the info they gave me before I submitted was wrong and I want to send the admissions office an update!

Hi! I was wondering if someone who hasn't submitted the secondary, or maybe has a copy of theirs, could post the questions related to taxes/tax status? My parents just told me some of the info they gave me before I submitted was wrong and I want to send the admissions office an update!

Nevermind I found what I needed!

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who got IIs!

What does LizzieM 72 mean? lol

So my status says " Your application is being reviewed and remains under consideration until you hear from us further" . I have had this for weeks now. Is this what those of you who are complete have? Those who got IIs did you have this status initially?
Also there is an empty tab each for Interview Information and Vegetarian Option . I am thinking this is standard for everyone under review.

So my status says " Your application is being reviewed and remains under consideration until you hear from us further" . I have had this for weeks now. Is this what those of you who are complete have? Those who got IIs did you have this status initially?
Also there is an empty tab each for Interview Information and Vegetarian Option . I am thinking this is standard for everyone under review.
+1
I submitted 7/1, got confirmation email 7/5, and have had this status since 7/8.

Yeah, mine still says that my application is reviewed. The only difference is that there is a date in the interview spot.

Why are there no more II's going out? Getting nervous now. Secondary confirmation received 7/13. How do we find out when more II's will go out?

Last edited:

I got this status on 7/13, received II on 7/20

My status just changed to "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience." Did anyone get this before getting II?

My status still says this :( It's been like this since 07/08.

Last edited:
Anyone interview yet? what is it like? how long is it?

II August 3. Secondary submitted August 1. Application had under review August 2. LizzyM=71.3

Would one of you who got an invite mind saying what the email said? My portal status is updated but I can't open the email (which I'm assuming is about the II) and I'm freaking the f*** out.

The subject of my email said "Interview Invitation-Brody SOM." Inside it started off saying "Your application is complete and it has been reviewed. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to interview"