2016-2017 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same.

But with only 3 invites reported on this thread I'm not that concerned
Do you think this is the end of the road for us at Brody? You think there is a chance we could interviews in the future? I'm not sure why I've been placed on hold for interview - LizzyM 72-73, 22 publications.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think this is the end of the road for us at Brody? You think there is a chance we could interviews in the future? I'm not sure why I've been placed on hold for interview - LizzyM 72-73, 22 publications.
Definitely not the end of the road , from last year's thread IIs from Brody seemed to keep coming slowly though the season . They invite half of their applicants for interview ! The process just seems to be not very fast or linear . Just hang in there

Reactions: 1 user

LOL I'm guessing my "your application is being reviewed" status is basically tantamount to a pre-interview rejection at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL I'm guessing my "your application is being reviewed" status is basically tantamount to a pre-interview rejection at this point.

No, my "your application HAS been reviewed" status is a pre-interview rejection. Which is a huge bummer

No, my "your application HAS been reviewed" status is a pre-interview rejection. Which is a huge bummer

Guys, it's August. That is not what that means. We just aren't getting one of the first interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

You got what after a secondary?

Sorry I'm not good at these forums.. I got the "your application has been reviewed" after submitting the II, saw some people had this before the II

Sorry I'm not good at these forums.. I got the "your application has been reviewed" after submitting the II, saw some people had this before the II

On SDN people use II to abbreviate interview invite, not secondary. It's really confusing, happens all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Those of you who got II's were you early decision or regular?

Anyone interview yet? what is it like? how long is it?

I interviewed this past week. It was very laid back and I really enjoyed myself! I had an afternoon interview (you don't get to choose) so I arrived, did a intro/tour with a couple med students and the morning interview group, had lunch, and then had 2 closed-app interviews with 2 different faculty members. Closed the day with a debriefing and "moving forward" meeting with the dean.

There were 4 people in each interview group.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed this past week. It was very laid back and I really enjoyed myself! I had an afternoon interview (you don't get to choose) so I arrived, did a intro/tour with a couple med students and the morning interview group, had lunch, and then had 2 closed-app interviews with 2 different faculty members. Closed the day with a debriefing and "moving forward" meeting with the dean.

How long was each interview?

Thanks for the info!
Would you mind sharing what kind of questions you were asked.

II invite received today via email. AMCAS complete 8/3, verified, 8/24. Secondary complete 8/28, interview invite 8/30. This is my second time applying to this medical school. Last year was rejected in 3 1/2 weeks. Stats: MCAT 504, GPA 3.85, Non-traditional military veteran.

Reactions: 1 users
II invite received today via email. AMCAS complete 8/3, verified, 8/24. Secondary complete 8/28, interview invite 8/30. This is my second time applying to this medical school. Last year was rejected in 3 1/2 weeks. Stats: MCAT 504, GPA 3.85, Non-traditional military veteran.

Dang. I finished my app early July. I am a reapplicant. I interviewed last year in October to be rejected in February. Still haven't heard anything.

Stats: 515 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, good ECs

this is going to be very disheartening if they don't interview me......................................

I just checked there portal. I was updated to "Your application is being reviewed and remains under considertion until you hear from us further" on July 17th. So they have reviewed my application and haven't done anything.... :grumpy:

Dang. I finished my app early July. I am a reapplicant. I interviewed last year in October to be rejected in February. Still haven't heard anything.

Stats: 515 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, good ECs

this is going to be very disheartening if they don't interview me......................................

Do you know how many people interview on scheduled days?

did you retake the MCAT?

Does anyone else have "Your application is being reviewed and remains under considertion until you hear from us further"? Is it possible this is a reapplicant thing?

First II of the cycle, scheduled for 9/14. Submitted secondary 8/17 and received II on 8/24. Stats: cGPA - 3.60, sGPA - 3.76, MCAT 516. I received an email with the II prior to any change in my status on the application portal.

There are three interview days per week. 8 interviews each of those days. The Dean said that they had yet to convene the admissions committee. He said typically following an interview you are discussed in committee within 8 weeks. Earliest acceptance sent out October 15. Good luck everyone!

My status says "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience."
Do you guys know if anyone received an II later on with this status?

They asked basic questions about yourself and your motivations for medicine. Nothing gimmicky!

Can anyone else who's had interviews confirm they were closed app interviews where they just asked basic, non-gimmicky questions? Does anyone who's interviewed have any more further comments or more details about the interview? Do they focus much on asking why you're interested in BSOM specifically?

Can anyone else who's had interviews confirm they were closed app interviews where they just asked basic, non-gimmicky questions? Does anyone who's interviewed have any more further comments or more details about the interview? Do they focus much on asking why you're interested in BSOM specifically?
Yes they are closed app, they asked general questions about myself and what I have done. Not really why BSOM. Had 2 interviews, one faculty and one med student . Pretty low stress.

I had 2 closed app interviews, both with faculty members. I can remember a "why brody" as well as a "why medicine" question, but no two interviews are the same.

They do ask some ethics questions, but it's still really casual and low key.

I had the basic "why Brody" and "why medicine" questions. I also had a few "what would you do" ethics questions and one question on pros and cons of the Affordable Care Act.

Hey everyone! Current M1 here. Let me know if you have any questions!

My status says "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience."
Do you guys know if anyone received an II later on with this status?
My status changed to this too :/ It feels basically like a rejection.

"Your application has been reviewed. A decision about an interview has not been reached. It may be reviewed again before a final decision is made. We thank you for your patience."

Did anyone else get this before an interview invite? :(

"Your application has been reviewed. A decision about an interview has not been reached. It may be reviewed again before a final decision is made. We thank you for your patience."

Did anyone else get this before an interview invite? :(
+1...So scared...looks like a rejection so far...

Does anyone know if adcoms look at all the mcat scores or just the latest one or just the highest one in each section?

II today, complete 09/12

Reactions: 1 users
In my portal, underneath my status date I have "Interview Information" and "Vegetarian Lunch Option" even though I have yet to receive an interview invitation and my status is "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience."

Anybody else have the same?
Mine is the same, except the status "Your application has been reviewed. A decision about an interview has not been reached. It may be reviewed again before a final decision is made. We thank you for your patience."
But does anyone know the difference between those 2 statuses?