2016-2017 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In my portal, underneath my status date I have "Interview Information" and "Vegetarian Lunch Option" even though I have yet to receive an interview invitation and my status is "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience."

Anybody else have the same?

I would email them and ask about it because this is the type of information that showed up for me when I was scheduling my interview.

Members don't see this ad.

In my portal, underneath my status date I have "Interview Information" and "Vegetarian Lunch Option" even though I have yet to receive an interview invitation and my status is "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience."

Anybody else have the same?
If you find out what this means, please let us all know on this forum!

I would email them and ask about it because this is the type of information that showed up for me when I was scheduling my interview.
I think everyone has "interview information" and "vegetarian lunch option" in their status table.
If it meant an interview invite, they would have definitely sent one with the status change.

My status hasn't changed - it still says "Your application has been reviewed. A decision about an interview has not been reached. It may be reviewed again before a final decision is made. We thank you for your patience."

I'm also wondering if they've already sent out rejections. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My status says "Your application has been reviewed. A decision about an interview has not been reached. It may be reviewed again before a final decision is made. We thank you for your patience," as well

This is extremely frustrating as a re-applicant. Last time I interviewed, felt it went fine, and this time around I have improved my application significantly, so if I don't get an interview... I will be very distraught.

This whole process sucks. I have complete silence from all 12 places I applied to.... and I applied early :mad:

My status says "Your application has been reviewed. A decision about an interview has not been reached. It may be reviewed again before a final decision is made. We thank you for your patience," as well

This is extremely frustrating as a re-applicant. Last time I interviewed, felt it went fine, and this time around I have improved my application significantly, so if I don't get an interview... I will be very distraught.

This whole process sucks. I have complete silence from all 12 places I applied to.... and I applied early :mad:
Did you get this status in the last year?

I also interviewed here last year, have increased my stats, applied early here, and haven't heard back yet :/

Did you get this status in the last year?
Honestly, last year I interviewed a couple weeks after sending in my secondary, so I did not even check my status really. That is why this time around is so frustrating.

I have not heard anything from anywhere at all... So much for applying early...
In the same boat, I feel you. I hope they atleast start send me a rejection so I can be sure that this ship has sailed and can start making my next move. Anyone get/hear of rejections yet?

Why doesn't the LizzyM score distinguish between asians? Some are more underrepresented than others.

Members don't see this ad :)
What I wanna make a point is that Asians who were born in US or come to US early is different from those who live in US for less than 4 or 3 years or maybe they even have diff. backgrounds/cultures/perspectives/... And Asians from developing countries (for ex, China, Korea) are diff. from those from other countries (Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam)...But AAMC don't make them different.
And I don't know where to find the specific country where martriculants came from in Brody's websites, only see their undergrad schools...

I found this information from MSAR. I'm assuming you are Asian.

I guess tomorrow will be the first day they offer acceptances. So nerve wracking...

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else have to reschedule their interview because of last week's flooding? I feel like postponing 3 weeks now places me at a huge disadvantage :(

Anyone else have to reschedule their interview because of last week's flooding? I feel like postponing 3 weeks now places me at a huge disadvantage :(

I wouldn't worry! I have a friend who interviewed in Feb last year and got in come April. You're still an early interviewer!

How much does Brody actually place importance on whether or not an applicant is disadvantaged? My gpa and mcat score aren't superb but I am considered disadvantaged and it's on my amcas application and I explained it in my personal statement.

That's weird that no one on here got offers. When I got interviewed they did say that you had to be wonderful for them to accept you on their first day. It's too early to be getting worried yet.

That's weird that no one on here got offers. When I got interviewed they did say that you had to be wonderful for them to accept you on their first day. It's too early to be getting worried yet.
Ha! I've been worried about this for ten years or so.

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::soexcited:+pity+:wow::vomit::beat:

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how far along ECU is in their scheduling of interviews? UNC already has January completely booked according to SDN. Hoping this is not the case everywhere.

Accepted today! Interviewed August, 24th.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted this morning! Interviewed August 31!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted on Thursday! Interviewed August 25th! Lizzy score 70

Reactions: 3 users
Has this school sent out any pre-II rejections yet? This site has been quiet for a week...

Still on hold. Not really understanding why

I am super discouraged at this point. I got an interview right away last year when I submitted my secondary in mid september. This year I submitted like literally july 2nd, and have the no decision has been made status.

I improved my application, but at this point I feel like they would have interviewed me if they were interested. This just plain sucks.

I am super discouraged at this point. I got an interview right away last year when I submitted my secondary in mid september. This year I submitted like literally july 2nd, and have the no decision has been made status.

I improved my application, but at this point I feel like they would have interviewed me if they were interested. This just plain sucks.
I called the admissions office yesterday and the nice lady on the phone said that they were behind. Hurricane Matthew had something to do with it and someone on the committee had a family member pass away.

What are the differences between the application statuses. For example, mine says "your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by email. Thank you for your patience."

Everyone seems to have a different status.

What are the differences between the application statuses. For example, mine says "your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by email. Thank you for your patience."

Everyone seems to have a different status.

I have the same question. Specifically, do we know if the post-interview status changes once the committee has looked over our application? Mine still says "We have scheduled your interview for... blah blah" so I am wondering if this means they haven't reviewed my application yet. I interviewed middle of Sept.

Accepted!!!!!!! Literally about an hour ago. Good luck to all of you in the process, and I hope to be your peer in Fall 2017.

I have the same question. Specifically, do we know if the post-interview status changes once the committee has looked over our application? Mine still says "We have scheduled your interview for... blah blah" so I am wondering if this means they haven't reviewed my application yet. I interviewed middle of Sept.

Well I don't even have an interview so I guess at this point I should just accept a rejection.

Well I don't even have an interview so I guess at this point I should just accept a rejection.
Last year I received an II in December from ECU. And I know people who got II up through January. Don't worry yet!

ACCEPTED!!!! :D Interviewed at the beginning of October!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted a couple of weeks ago, I interviewed early August

II today! Lizzy M ~70, interview date options were 2nd week of January

Reactions: 1 users
II today! Lizzy M ~70, interview date options were 2nd week of January

congratulations! two in one day for you... looks like you're having a great Monday :)