2016-2017 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone ever been invited to Second Look and not been accepted?

I'm a little worried I'm going to make the trip tomorrow and get super excited just for this to not work out in the end...


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Has anyone ever been invited to Second Look and not been accepted?

I'm a little worried I'm going to make the trip tomorrow and get super excited just for this to not work out in the end...


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah it's happened before, however unlikely it may seem. Also I share your concern (although I live close by) and am pretty sure attending second look does not actually affect your numerical ranking on the waitlist.
 
I posted in this thread a few months back but wanted to offer again - I'm a current CESCOM student and would be happy to answer any questions from a student perspective.
 
I posted in this thread a few months back but wanted to offer again - I'm a current CESCOM student and would be happy to answer any questions from a student perspective.
I have a question if you'd be willing to answer. I'm a current undergrad at FAU and I know for the class starting this fall 2017 the average MCAT is reported at 513. Do you have any deeper insight on the importance of MCAT scores for this school? I know the school is very selective since it only accepts 64, but how much emphasis do they place on stats? My GPA is above their average but I'm worried about the MCAT (taking it in a few weeks).
 
I have a question if you'd be willing to answer. I'm a current undergrad at FAU and I know for the class starting this fall 2017 the average MCAT is reported at 513. Do you have any deeper insight on the importance of MCAT scores for this school? I know the school is very selective since it only accepts 64, but how much emphasis do they place on stats? My GPA is above their average but I'm worried about the MCAT (taking it in a few weeks).

I'm not involved with the admissions committee, so I can't give a direct answer. I would imagine they are looking at it with importance just like other schools as it seems to predict success with your future board exam performance. Extracurriculars are important but you have to have the stats too.
 
So...
Did no spots open up after traffic day and no one from the alternate list got accepted??
Either that, or the people who did don't post on SDN. XD


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
So...
Did no spots open up after traffic day and no one from the alternate list got accepted??
Either that, or the people who did don't post on SDN. XD


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was told the adcoms wouldn't be meeting for around a week and students wouldn't be hearing for around two very possibly more
Also I counted 25 waitlisted students at second look if that helps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also I find it weird that some alternate list candidates received an invite to second look day since I never got one! (not that I would have made it if I had.)
 
Also I find it weird that some alternate list candidates received an invite to second look day since I never got one! (not that I would have made it if I had.)
I thought it was strange as well for some to be invited, but regardless I'm happy for you (and your reduced tuition) and I hope I get to join you in august!
 
It was a difficult decision, but I withdrew my acceptance this morning after getting pulled off the waitlist for my top choice. CESCOM is an incredible place and I'm very excited for all of you who will be matriculating. For those on the waitlist, I hope the spot goes to one of you!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
It was a difficult decision, but I withdrew my acceptance this morning after getting pulled off the waitlist for my top choice. CESCOM is an incredible place and I'm very excited for all of you who will be matriculating. For those on the waitlist, I hope the spot goes to one of you!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I Got your spot !
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. Congrats to those who have gotten in! I was never called for an interview, so I'm not expecting any miracles. But my status says "passive withdrawal"--what does that mean? did anyone else get this?
 
Hey everyone. Congrats to those who have gotten in! I was never called for an interview, so I'm not expecting any miracles. But my status says "passive withdrawal"--what does that mean? did anyone else get this?

Most likely means they sent you the interview email and you didn't accept within the five or so days they give....


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Where did you end up attending. I currently applying and just received my MCAT (504) super worried. From FL.


Sdn tip. You can private message the user to ask or more discreetly look at his previous messages/posts by clicking on their user name.