2016-2017 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The MSAR site says that last year they offered 30 acceptances for the alternate list applicants but had 175 people of the alternate list. I'm wondering if that is accurate because people seem to be saying there is more alternate list movement than that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The MSAR site says that last year they offered 30 acceptances for the alternate list applicants but had 175 people of the alternate list. I'm wondering if that is accurate because people seem to be saying there is more alternate list movement than that.

I sure hope so...
It just sucks we don't know for sure if the class is filled, or where we are on the wait list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just declined my acceptance here. Good luck to you all!

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there's a facebook page or where most students live?

Looking at last year's thread, looks like waitlist movement didn't really happen until May...
I wish time would speed up.

On alternate list got the second look day email this morning :) looking forward to meeting you all!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed in January and waitlisted, but I got an invitation to second look (04/29) this morning!

I got a "please confirm you'd like to be on the waitlist" email. Guess I was supposed to get an invite but never confirmed I wanted to be on the waitlist. Whoops.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the wait list and didn't get the second look invite:(

Last edited:
Hopefully! Is there a date on the email that you have to RSVP by? Maybe they'll invite us later on if not everyone invited can attend

No date. They did say that an official email would come in the next couple days. I'll let you know if there is a date on that one.

Is FAU done with interviews? I have not received a rejection email yet...

Reactions: 1 users
Is FAU done with interviews? I have not received a rejection email yet...

Yes,

Someone at the end Jan or Feb said that they were told at their interview it would be the last.

I've been wondering if they managed to keep their 100% Match status...
Pre-med student at FAU here-- I'm taking a course at the med school currently and we got to view their match list. One person out of 61 didn't match. 3 matched to Harvard, including one in derm!

They said that the official invite for second look would go out in a couple of weeks, but I didn't get that email. I only got one telling me that I'm an alternate but still get to go to second look. Anyone else with that problem?

They said that the official invite for second look would go out in a couple of weeks, but I didn't get that email. I only got one telling me that I'm an alternate but still get to go to second look. Anyone else with that problem?

Yeah I don't think they sent the official invite email yet.

Has anyone applied for financial aid and heard anything yet?

I applied for the scholarships. They had me fix some lines and then that was all the communication we had. So maybe they're starting to look at students for it?

This school totally leaves us in the dark about everything...

I received a scholarship award notification last week. Seems like they're slowly notifying people.

Do you think they're still awarding them or they already awarded all of their scholarships? I got an email to fix my FAFSA and that's it.

I'm oos and got an email saying I didn't receive a scholarship

Do you think they're still awarding them or they already awarded all of their scholarships? I got an email to fix my FAFSA and that's it.

I'm not sure but you can try contacting them. I also think the scholarships were for those who completed the essays.

I'm not sure but you can try contacting them. I also think the scholarships were for those who completed the essays.

Ok ya I've sumbitted the essay but haven't heard anything back yet. But I guess no news isn't necessarily a "no" yet.

Ok ya I've sumbitted the essay but haven't heard anything back yet. But I guess no news isn't necessarily a "no" yet.

Yeah, I'd imagine they're still giving out awards. I submitted my essays really early so maybe that has something to do with it.

Got an acceptance call today off the alternate list (OOS)!

Absolutely thrilled. I love this school so much.

Ahhh!!

Reactions: 3 users
has anybody gotten an actual invitation/rsvp for second look, or just the email saying that one is coming?

Congrats to the above acceptance!
And I have gotten no official email besides the save the date style one we got weeks back.

Got an acceptance call today off the alternate list (OOS)!

Absolutely thrilled. I love this school so much.

Ahhh!!
Congrats! Were you invited to second look before your acceptance?

To those who had asked to know when this happened, the official second look email came in today.

Very excited to return soon and meet all you people!

No invite... I guess I don't have a realistic chance here yet.
Have fun at second look and let me know how it goes!

Same situation as them here^^
Anyone know what second look may mean for being taken off the waitlist ?

On interview day, it sounded like last year they took all the people they invited to second look and then some, but who ever knows. Hoping for the same this year!

On interview day, it sounded like last year they took all the people they invited to second look and then some, but who ever knows. Hoping for the same this year!

I'd think if you got invited to second look then you have a pretty strong chance of getting in. That would be kinda cruel to invite you and then ultimately not accept you.