-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Mayo (AZ) Medical School Application Thread
Started by To be MD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nothing, probably.Uh.. so what does this mean for those of us who were complete after LoRr at the beginning of July and still haven't heard back?
D
deleted751373
Uh.. so what does this mean for those of us who were complete after LoRr at the beginning of July and still haven't heard back?
More competition [emoji4][emoji51][emoji15]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no follow up email....
maybe you should callStill no follow up email....
Got the clarification email. Celebrating tonight at in and out with extra mayo hehe
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
False alarm just got it! Whatta daymaybe you should call
nice!False alarm just got it! Whatta day
L
LA-2017
Did anyone else receive a LOR confirmation email on July 15th and not hear a single thing since then?
Did anyone else receive a LOR confirmation email on July 15th and not hear a single thing since then?
You're not alone. But it seems like they just want more applicants to weigh us against before making a decision.
LOR confirmation at both campuses on July 5th and it's been radio silence since then. I expect we'll hear back within the next month as we're compared to this new batch of applicants.Did anyone else receive a LOR confirmation email on July 15th and not hear a single thing since then?
Interviewed today and loved itttttttt 😍 love me back Mayo gods!!
Where exactly do the interviews take place? Did you get a follow-up email after the II that gave a specific building / address, or do you just show up to the main front door of the hospital in Scottsdale?
Does anyone know if this means I am going to be reconsidered for the MN campus if I received a pre-LORr rejection? I didn't receive a LORr for MN but did receive a LORr for only the AZ campus earlier today
Interested in knowing about this as well...
Interested in knowing about this as well...
Near the bottom of the unrejection email it did say "Please note that if you have applied to BOTH campuses, your application will be reopened on both campuses." My interpretation is that we're back in the running to receive a LOR request from MN as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted751373
Ayeeeeee Hau5MD back at it again! Glad to see you back on the Mayo train
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Greetings SupremeLeader! It great to be back on the best condiment train [emoji16] hope MN also shows me some love tooAyeeeeee Hau5MD back at it again! Glad to see you back on the Mayo train
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hi! Do you mind sharing how you managed the logistics of the interview? As in where did you stay and how did you commute from your place of stay to the interview site and how many days prior to the interview you arrived to AZ? Also, I heard that Mayo MN covered all your travel expenses, correct me if I'm wrong, but does Mayo AZ have travel reimbursement of any sorts? Thank you!I got a follow up email. there are also signs for the medical school once you get to the Scottsdale campus.
@Pre-MD/MPH Do you mind sharing your planning as well? Thanks!
Hi all!
As a Canadian applicant applying to Mayo Medical School, I had a couple of questions for the Arizona campus application. My application was processed quite late (Sept 14), and I just paid my Mayo Clinic fee today (Sept 15). I would consider my ECs to be strong, but then again I'm a Cdn and not sure if it's too different. My MCAT was a 517 and I have a good GPA.
My questions was whether I should also apply to the Arizona campus? I really like both campuses, but given the fee to apply for both and the reduced chances because of my status, I was a bit confused. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
As a Canadian applicant applying to Mayo Medical School, I had a couple of questions for the Arizona campus application. My application was processed quite late (Sept 14), and I just paid my Mayo Clinic fee today (Sept 15). I would consider my ECs to be strong, but then again I'm a Cdn and not sure if it's too different. My MCAT was a 517 and I have a good GPA.
My questions was whether I should also apply to the Arizona campus? I really like both campuses, but given the fee to apply for both and the reduced chances because of my status, I was a bit confused. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Hi! Do you mind sharing how you managed the logistics of the interview? As in where did you stay and how did you commute from your place of stay to the interview site and how many days prior to the interview you arrived to AZ? Also, I heard that Mayo MN covered all your travel expenses, correct me if I'm wrong, but does Mayo AZ have travel reimbursement of any sorts? Thank you!
@Pre-MD/MPH Do you mind sharing your planning as well? Thanks!
They offered a discounted rate at the hotel on the Mayo Clinic campus which only requires walking to the building you need to go to. Otherwise you could rent a car or use Uber. I came in the night before and left the day of the interview. I have never heard of a medical school covering your travel costs, and AZ does not offer to.
Yes, Arizona is one state that has actively embraced the rise of Uber. There is even an Uber pickup space at the airport.
Woke up at 4 AM to an II, super excited to visit AZ! LOR received email 7/25
Congratulations! Stats?
Congratulations! Stats?
LizzyM 77, consider myself a well-rounded candidate. Philosophy major with a focus on volunteering and such. If you need more info shoot me a PM!
It's the opposite for me I've received an LORr from AZ but not MN! Really hoping to hear from MN soon!Has anyone else received a LORr from MN and silence from AZ? I thought AZ would be less scrutinizing compared to MN.
Fee received 8/25
Thank you! I know II's come in batches, so has anyone else received an II as well today? My LORs were also received on 7/25
Here's my dilemma guys: So I received an LOR request for AZ on that day where quite a few people's applications rose from the dead. I had not been rejected from the AZ campus but I was from the MN campus. According to that email, an LOR request from that day means that applications are reopened for both schools. Do you think that means that I am back in the running at the MN campus as well? The only thing that makes me think "no" is that I didn't get that email from Mayo, but that may just be because the LOR request that I got was from the campus that I hadn't been rejected to yet. Thanks!
II middle of last night as well! LORS received late july.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's my dilemma guys: So I received an LOR request for AZ on that day where quite a few people's applications rose from the dead. I had not been rejected from the AZ campus but I was from the MN campus. According to that email, an LOR request from that day means that applications are reopened for both schools. Do you think that means that I am back in the running at the MN campus as well? The only thing that makes me think "no" is that I didn't get that email from Mayo, but that may just be because the LOR request that I got was from the campus that I hadn't been rejected to yet. Thanks!
From my understanding, you should also be back in the running for MN as well.
Decreased liklihood of II. Considering they may choose some folks from the pool they just opened up to fill the same II slots that were going to be selected from a smaller group before. But Mayo Gods work in mysterious ways. Mayo Gods Bless, Amen.Uh.. so what does this mean for those of us who were complete after LoRr at the beginning of July and still haven't heard back?
The only rate I found was $129/night at Marriott. If that is after discount then hell no I can't afford that haha.They offered a discounted rate at the hotel on the Mayo Clinic campus which only requires walking to the building you need to go to. Otherwise you could rent a car or use Uber. I came in the night before and left the day of the interview. I have never heard of a medical school covering your travel costs, and AZ does not offer to.
In the interview confirmation email it says that the day ends at 3 PM so where did you keep your luggage since the checkout time at Marriott is 12 PM?
D
deleted751373
The only rate I found was $129/night at Marriott. If that is after discount then hell no I can't afford that haha.
In the interview confirmation email it says that the day ends at 3 PM so where did you keep your luggage since the checkout time at Marriott is 12 PM?
Marriott is usually nice enough to hold your stuff for a couple hrs.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I am a former reject. Received a reconsideration Tuesday and just now received an email stating one of my lors is not signed.
If I get a new signed copy uploaded to interfolio, has anyone had any experience sending it in? Do I just create a new letter delivery to AMCAS?
Yeah, just re-send to AMCAS with the same letter id number. They will then send the updated letter to all schools.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Stats don't matter. This is mayoWould anyone with IIs be willing to sharing his/her stats?
Don't matter after a certain point.*Stats don't matter. This is mayo
Received email saying LOR are received and complete!
Assuming you pass the minimum MCAT screen and probably some GPA cut off we don't know about.Don't matter after a certain point.*
+1!Received email saying LOR are received and complete!
They just unrejected a bunch of people. I am assuming as long as you have a 28 on the old exam you won't be refected,I think that is the threshold for passing the steps.Don't matter after a certain point.*
They just unrejected a bunch of people. I am assuming as long as you have a 28 on the old exam you won't be refected,I think that is the threshold for passing the steps.
On the old thread, someone mentioned earlier that it was 508/30 for the payment request.
+3! Hoping for the best for everyone 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+4 for the zombie confirmed squad
Zombie confirmed squad?!?! [emoji15]
+4!! Good luck guys!
LOR request last night! Haha sorry this seems like an awful break in the conversation.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K