D
deleted751373
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I mean at this point, we're already rejected.. the worst that can happen is we stay rejected+11... Not looking too good for those of us already rejected, but who knows?
I mean at this point, we're already rejected.. the worst that can happen is we stay rejected
OMG thank you SO much this is super helpfulGood news (hopefully). I just called Susan at the office. They will send out an email for further clarification but if you got an email with an LORr and was already rejected, it means your application was re opened.
If you're like me and haven't been rejected but got this email, it's still TBD. They said they're working on providing clarification in a later email. Take this post with a grain of salt until that second email arrives but it seems it would be good news.
That's great news for you guys!Good news (hopefully). I just called Susan at the office. They will send out an email for further clarification but if you got an email with an LORr and was already rejected, it means your application was re opened.
If you're like me and haven't been rejected but got this email, it's still TBD. They said they're working on providing clarification in a later email. Take this post with a grain of salt until that second email arrives but it seems it would be good news.

Lol that Michigan one about gave me a heart attack in the middle of class.lol. everyone please take the post with a grain of salt. I'm just merely passing along what I was told and I really hope it is good news.
I'd hate to be a bigger tease than those Twitter Chat emails for you folks who also surf the NYU and Michigan forums.
That could be. They may have rejected too many and then realized they didn't have enough people applying later on in order to really have an adequate applicant pool to choose from. Who knows though..Did they reject too many early on?
It's possible that with their first class at the AZ campus they may have underestimated the amount of interviews they needed to hold for both campuses. Of course, I don't know for sure, just hopeful!Did they reject too many early on?
See all I can think of is getting a second rejection from the same school 🙄+13 (or however many other people got post rejection LORr)
It'd be a pretty funny story to tell people I got into a school that rejected me in the same cycle. Hoping @bluedevil5126 is right!
See all I can think of is getting a second rejection from the same school 🙄
See all I can think of is getting a second rejection from the same school 🙄
Wouldn't that be de-rejected?Yaaaass (with a grain of salt)! Good luck to all us un-rejected peeps!
The best part is it isn't a "branch campus." It's going to be the exact same four year program as the original MN campus. It's one single national school with multiple campuses now. How cool is that????I think it's pretty crazy how Mayo is opening up a branch campus. I don't think a school with a reputation as good as Mayo's has ever opened a branch campus.
I was rejected from the MN campus but never received the letter request. For the AZ campus, I wasn't rejected but got the letter request this morning.Is there anyone on here that got rejected and DIDNT get the LOR email? I doubt anyone would still be following this but it's worth a shot
Oh yah. It's a small class size, but really active students and groups.Anyone know if Mayo has traditional student orgs? It's so small it may not. I know ARZ doesn't have any yet, but does the other campus?
No - I heard it was a change in the computerized process they use to do preliminary screening of applicants/auto-rejections. Mayo Medical School has a new Dean who is really interested in finding amazing medical students. How cool is that???Did they reject too many early on?
Lol what. "Under new leadership"Just got this e-mail from MAYO:
You have received a request to submit your letters of recommendation for review after having received a rejection from Mayo Medical School. We apologize for the confusion this has likely engendered.
Under new leadership, the Mayo Medical School Admissions committee has been given the opportunity to expand our pool of candidates and review additional applications to identify students like yourself with outstanding academic achievement and other merits for potential interview for the class of 2017.
We would like to give you the opportunity to be one of those students to whom we are offering a reconsideration of their applications. While this does not guarantee that you will be invited to interview, we do expect a significant number of applicants who received the request for letters will be offered that opportunity. Please note that if you have applied to BOTH campuses, your application will be reopened on both campuses.
Just got this e-mail from MAYO:
You have received a request to submit your letters of recommendation for review after having received a rejection from Mayo Medical School. We apologize for the confusion this has likely engendered.
Under new leadership, the Mayo Medical School Admissions committee has been given the opportunity to expand our pool of candidates and review additional applications to identify students like yourself with outstanding academic achievement and other merits for potential interview for the class of 2017.
We would like to give you the opportunity to be one of those students to whom we are offering a reconsideration of their applications. While this does not guarantee that you will be invited to interview, we do expect a significant number of applicants who received the request for letters will be offered that opportunity. Please note that if you have applied to BOTH campuses, your application will be reopened on both campuses.
No, they get thousands of applicants. I heard they have a new Dean who is really interested in finding great students.They must have had less ppl apply than expected.
Lol what. "Under new leadership"
Sweet!We have a new Dean, so I think that is what the email is referring to.
I received LOR request, no 2nd email.has anyone else who received the LORr email this morning not received this second email yet
so what do you know about how the process differs? is he reverting to a stats based screen versus their extracurricular screen or something?No - I heard it was a change in the computerized process they use to do preliminary screening of applicants/auto-rejections. Mayo Medical School has a new Dean who is really interested in finding amazing medical students. How cool is that???
+1. Also curious.so what do you know about how the process differs? is he reverting to a stats based screen versus their extracurricular screen or something?
According to the other thread, people have waited from one day to over a month to get the "we received your letters" email. So as long as they are already designated to the school through AMCAS we should have nothing to worry about!I received LOR request, no 2nd email.
my gpa is not much higher than yours and i am still sitting on the LORr. No rejection post LORr but no invitation to interview either. long story short, i don't think it was for your gpa previously, but it may have been the no research thing.I was initially rejected and thought it was either because of my 3.35 gpa or for no research experience. With such a quick rejection, Itfelt like no one had really looked at my app. Excited for a second look.
See the last few pages, you are not alone!So just got the LOR request at 12:30am! Though they sent me a rejection email near the end of July. I'm so confused and conflicted 😱😵😳
Check the MN thread for clarification ... In short: there is good news for youSo just got the LOR request at 12:30am! Though they sent me a rejection email near the end of July. I'm so confused and conflicted 😱😵😳
AHHHHH. That's the best news I've gotten all month! Now time to constantly refresh my inbox and go back to folding my thousand paper cranes.Check the MN thread for clarification ... In short: there is good news for you
Welcome back!AHHHHH. That's the best news I've gotten all month! Now time to constantly refresh my inbox and go back to folding my thousand paper cranes.
Thanks! Its nice to be back on the Mayo train. *runs to the store and buys more mayo to make sandwiches*Welcome back!
Thanks! Its nice to be back on the Mayo train. *runs to the store and buys more mayo to make sandwiches*
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.