2016-2017 Mercer University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any of you guys heard of any more movement since May?

Members don't see this ad.

I asked admissions and they haven't invited anyone off the list for 3 weeks. I think that means there will be very little movement (like maybe one or two people) for the rest of the summer. On to next year...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my call about an hour ago! So excited for this journey to begin!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hi, I'm applying ED this cycle and was wondering if you would mind sharing your stats? (I scrolled through this thread but I didn't see them, it's possible I missed them if you've already posted though). Congratulations, btw!

I got an informal acceptance email this morning from the admissions board member that interviewed me! I was worried when I didn't get the phone call last night. Good luck everyone. I hope you all get in.

Update: I received a formal email just now, They said an electronic acceptance packet will be emailed within 48 hours.
Hi, I'm applying ED this cycle and was wondering if you would share your stats? (I didn't see them as I scrolled through this thread)
Congratulations on your acceptance!

Just heard a friend was accepted last week, so there's still a bit of movement!

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted off the waitlist this afternoon! I wish you all the best and look forward to meeting those of you who have been accepted. I will be at Savannah and Columbus!

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted off the waitlist this afternoon! I wish you all the best and look forward to meeting those of you who have been accepted. I will be at Savannah and Columbus!
Woo, congratulations!

Reactions: 1 user
https://medicine.mercer.edu/www/mu-...20-2024-Academic-Year-Calendar-MD-Program.pdf

Oh sorry misread.

8:45 to 12:00 MW
Maybe something 1:00-4:00 MW
10:00-12:00 TR
Maybe something 1:00-3:00 TR
quiz 9-10 1st and 3rd Friday
Quiz 8-9:30 2nd Friday
Quiz 8-10:30 4th Friday
Quizzes based on 4 week module

Also, that schedule is going to either be for yall and then we change MS2, or we will keep it MS2 and y'all will have something diff MS1. (MW 8:45-12:00 likely wouldn't change)

Would you mind sharing an example of a week with which classes are on which days? Which day do you normally have anatomy lab?

Would you mind sharing an example of a week with which classes are on which days? Which day do you normally have anatomy lab?

So the 8:45 - 12:00 on MW is the small group (8 people) case/problem based learning (PBL) with a faculty facilitator... This is the thing that Mercer sells at the interview I think. Monday afternoon was a large group with everyone, where we would either go over the previous simulated patient encounter, or we would discuss something new... normally it didn't last till 4, and I don't think we did it every week. Tuesday/Thursday afternoon (1-4 i think) was anatomy lab, with half the class on tuesday, and the other half on thursday. Tuesday morning and Thursday morning (10-12) were normally TBL. That is where we are all together in a big group, sitting in smaller groups (different than anatomy and PBL groups), and there would be a faculty member leading either a lecture (rarely) or doing an active learning session. This was all in Macon, but I believe it was supposed to be the same at Savannah as well.

So the 8:45 - 12:00 on MW is the small group (8 people) case/problem based learning (PBL) with a faculty facilitator... This is the thing that Mercer sells at the interview I think. Monday afternoon was a large group with everyone, where we would either go over the previous simulated patient encounter, or we would discuss something new... normally it didn't last till 4, and I don't think we did it every week. Tuesday/Thursday afternoon (1-4 i think) was anatomy lab, with half the class on tuesday, and the other half on thursday. Tuesday morning and Thursday morning (10-12) were normally TBL. That is where we are all together in a big group, sitting in smaller groups (different than anatomy and PBL groups), and there would be a faculty member leading either a lecture (rarely) or doing an active learning session. This was all in Macon, but I believe it was supposed to be the same at Savannah as well.

Thank you!

I'm applying this cycle (interviewed a couple weeks ago) and was wondering around what time those of you who are accepted got the call? The committee is meeting on the 20th and I know they meet at 5, but didn't know what time they got done

I sent them one because I've read that the Dean picks who comes off the waitlist and that it's not solely dependent on our score.

Hey, I was just wondering where you heard this from. Is it true? Is this dean of the medical school or dean of admissions?

Thanks

HI, curious if anyone knows how much weight Mercer places on individual section scores on the MCAT? Overall score was ok but had a very low CARS.

HI, curious if anyone knows how much weight Mercer places on individual section scores on the MCAT? Overall score was ok but had a very low CARS.

Lower than 123, low? Doubt they’d care still cause we have low mcats in general but I’m confident no one here can do anything but speculate.