Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Just withdrew my acceptance. Goodluck to those on the waitlist!
The reason I've chosen another school is the uncertainty of SDC. I'm more of a "read the textbook/study PowerPoints and take the exam" kind of person. I'm concerned with spending a lot of time attending mandatory workshops, classes, meetings, etc that may not help me prepare for step one. All these commitments may be beneficial, make no difference or worst-case be detrimental to my score. I know how I learn best and I'd rather use resources like First Aid, Pathoma, and Sketchy along with class notes to study during pre-clinical years. I don't get the feeling that would be possible with SDC. I've read this forum for years and I've always seen people suggest choosing a school that does not use TBL or PBL. That's not to say there is necessarily something wrong with SDC, but it just isn't the best fit for my learning style. YMMV.What were the significant downs of the SDC?