2016-2017 Stanford University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who interviewed on or after december 11th, did you get a call? also when do you remember the adcom saying they will release their decision for these mid-dec people?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in October- Received e-mail last night saying that my application was still under review and that they anticipate sending a decision in mid March. Anyone else get this e-mail?
 
I did too.
I interviewed in October and I haven't received any emails or phone calls. Pretty strange since Mr Herrera told us we should hear back by mid January at the latest, and it would be an acceptance, rejection or waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who has interviewed received a rejection or waitlist decision? Wondering if they are just postponing all post interview rejection decision until mid March?
 
Hi everyone, for those that have interviewed was there something unique you liked about the school? Pros/cons?

I really like how it focuses on building physician scientists to pioneer new innovative ways to change medicine. I'm just wondering about different perspectives and how this translates into the curriculum, clinicals, research etc
 
Hi everyone, for those that have interviewed was there something unique you liked about the school? Pros/cons?

I really like how it focuses on building physician scientists to pioneer new innovative ways to change medicine. I'm just wondering about different perspectives and how this translates into the curriculum, clinicals, research etc

bump
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those who were waitlisted...sorry, I know it's disappointing. Although if you're interviewing at Stanford, you must have other great choices as well. 🙂 When I interviewed, I was amazed at the quality of the applicants, and they seemed to be nice people as well as incredibly accomplished. I can't even imagine how admissions can choose--it's like trying to pick the "best" Nobel prize winner.

Did Stanford call and let you know, or was it an email? Are they open to giving feedback on application improvement?
 
To those who were waitlisted...sorry, I know it's disappointing. Although if you're interviewing at Stanford, you must have other great choices as well. 🙂 When I interviewed, I was amazed at the quality of the applicants, and they seemed to be nice people as well as incredibly accomplished. I can't even imagine how admissions can choose--it's like trying to pick the "best" Nobel prize winner.

Did Stanford call and let you know, or was it an email? Are they open to giving feedback on application improvement?
Thanks for the encouraging words. It was a generic email with no personal information... since they were such elusive communicators throughout the cycle I doubt they would be responsive to anything like that but worth a shot.