2016-2017 Stanford University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh man, it's a bloodbath in here. I was complete late September and my LizzyM is below the 10th percentile. Bracing for impact. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Adding to the list of those who were rejected. First of the season, so it stings, but made slightly better by the fact that I had an interview today.

LizzyM ~78, OOS, complete 8/31.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man, it's a bloodbath in here. I was complete late September and my LizzyM is below the 10th percentile. Bracing for impact. :scared:

Watching all of our fellow applicants go down and here I am with a much lower LizzyM, complete mid-July, just waiting for my rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another one on the massive rejection train. Complete 9/8, LizzyM 74 so I'm not surprised at all. Good luck to those still in the running!

Adding to the rejection train as well. Complete late Sept. LizzyM 72-73. NorCal resident so I couldn't help but send in my donation :naughty: Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Last edited:
Y'all thought the bloodbath was over yesterday??

Lol same.

Sadly it wasn't. Rejected. OOS, comp. 9/9, 77-78​

How many more interview dates you think? I was complete early August and worried

Is it overly hopefully to think surviving this rejection wave might be a good sign? :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
II about 30min ago! Not sure why or how.
LizzyM 73-74, OOS. Edit: Complete Late July.
Dream school would be an understatement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I thought it may have been a good sign that I survived the massive rejection train last week. Alas I just received the good ol' rejection. Good luck to the rest of you still holding on.

Edit:
OOS
LizzyM: 75
Complete 7/20

Last edited:
I thought it may have been a good sign that I survived the massive rejection train last week. Alas I just received the good ol' rejection. Good luck to the rest of you still holding on.

Man that sucks, all the best with the rest of the cycle.

If you don't mind me asking when were you complete?

Rejected this morning. Again thought there was something going for me after the initial wave of rejects. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

LizzyM ~77, OOS, no pubs, complete early August

II about 30min ago! Not sure why or how.
LizzyM 73-74, OOS. Edit: Complete Late July.
Dream school would be an understatement.
Hey congrats!
I also got an II, which is surprising since my stats are definitely below average for Stanford.
Just curious, were there any dates in November or early December?
I signed up for mid December because that was the only left.

Complete Mid October

Last edited:
Hey congrats!
I also got an II, which is surprising since my stats are definitely below average for Stanford.
Just curious, were there any dates in November or early December?
I signed up for mid December because that was the only left.

Complete Mid October

Only saw dates in December, nothing was open in January either.. probably just one month open at a time.

for those of you interviewed here already, did the adcom say when we'd hear back after the interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

for those of you interviewed here already, did the adcom say when we'd hear back after the interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The adcom said give or take, 8 weeks after the interview. I interviewed last week, and Arturo said we would probably hear by early/mid jan.

Damn, I was hoping first round of decisions would go out this Friday

Because I saw that the past few years that the first decisions came out the Friday before Thanksgiving week for people who interviewed earliest

How many more interviews do you think Stanford will have? Also complete late July anyone else still silence?

same here. are y'all LizzyM <73? seems like stanford checks through highest stats first than the lower. that's probably why we haven't heard anything yet
No, lizzym ~76 (?) MCAT 520, GPA 3.9

Reactions: 1 users