You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Maybe they saw this thread and were all "YOU DON'T KNOW ME, SDN" and pushed it off a few days 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah sorry guys haha I've been checking too! It has been three weeks since the last round so I'm hoping this is the week for us. My b to anyone whose hopes were up!
Confirm or deny: Tufts doesn't send pre-II rejections until Feb/march...?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
As far as I know confirm. Thats what I keep hearing. When were you complete though? some people were complete in july and interviewed in like Feb/March last year so keep the faith!Confirm or deny: Tufts doesn't send pre-II rejections until Feb/march...?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
GPA 3.93, MCAT 520, secondary invite 08/20. Is it too late to submit?
I think so
GPA 3.93, MCAT 520, secondary invite 08/20. Is it too late to submit?
I think your chances are 0 if you don't. On the other hand, they haven't even reviewed applicants complete in August yet. But who knows? Your stats are crazy and they send Interview until March.
Last year I submitted in august, updated them in the first week of march, and was rejected within a week of that. I didn't get any invites last year, so it seems unlikely (looking back) I had a chance at tufts. But I still waited until march for that rejection. I do remember having hope because there were rejections earlier in the cycle, but I'd update them in a bit if you have anything worth updating them about, and otherwise expect to wait a bit (unless you're fortunate to get the II!)...Confirm or deny: Tufts doesn't send pre-II rejections until Feb/march...?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Deny.Confirm or deny: Tufts doesn't send pre-II rejections until Feb/march...?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but my II came on a Thursday. Maybe tomorrow is your day!
Congrats!! When were you complete?
Congrats!! When were you complete?
My II was a while ago. I was just stating that Wednesday was not the only date that they send out emails.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Soooo.... I'm betting on early Oct interviews hearing Tuesday.
Same here! fingers crossed 🙂
I just got a call from Tufts saying I was accepted! They said emails will be sent out the next day or so. 🙂
Congrats!! What day did you interview?I just got a call from Tufts saying I was accepted! They said emails will be sent out the next day or so. 🙂
October 6thCongrats!! What day did you interview?
I just got a call from Tufts saying I was accepted! They said emails will be sent out the next day or so. 🙂
Same for me, interviewed on 10/4.
I was on 10/4, also wondering if I should still hope for a phone call or anticipate being deferred/rejectedAnyone from the 11th? Can't decide if I should hold on to hope or assume I am deferred. *le gasp*
Haven't gotten a phone call yet so...anticipating the worst now 🙁
Interviewed 10/4 and accepted yesterday, except I didn't have my voicemail set up and they called me three times...embarrassing. BUT STILL ACCEPTED.
Oh heeeey it might be in waves. *relieved but still scared sh**less dance*
any recent II??
Feeling the same way right now ):Haven't gotten a phone call yet so...anticipating the worst now 🙁
Alright, I need some hard truth. I've been complete since 7/27, 512 MCAT and 3.82 GPA and was a student here. Does not having heard by now mean that I should anticipate a rejection?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Confirm or deny: Tufts doesn't send pre-II rejections until Feb/march...?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Deny. Two years ago I was rejected pre-II in early December.
I have heard they wait until later in the cycle to interview a lot of their own undergrads. Partially to see who withdraws to go elsewhere.Alright, I need some hard truth. I've been complete since 7/27, 512 MCAT and 3.82 GPA and was a student here. Does not having heard by now mean that I should anticipate a rejection?
Just got the call 15 minutes ago - ACCEPTED!!! They still haven't called everybody I guess haha
Also accepted! Heard a couple hours ago. Interviewed 10/11.
Super stoked!
Super stoked!
CONGRATS!!!!Got an II email earlier today!!! 🙂
Lizzym 65 oos
When we're you complete lolz
thanks!! i was complete august 5 lelCONGRATS!!!!
When we're you complete lolz
well, here's to hoping there were a few phone calls the dean didn't make it to yesterday :-/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ugh, deferred as well. Looking forward to waiting for another 0-7 months!
What does deferred mean?...
Basically you are in a purgatory of medical school applications and they can accept you at any time from now until MayWhat does deferred mean?...
Wait... I thought deferred meant you're accepted planning to go but you're pushing back starting until the following year?Basically you are in a purgatory of medical school applications and they can accept you at any time from now until May
Naw, essentially they compare your app to other candidates who are interviewed as the season goes on. That's pretty much a paraphrase of the email. Basically your app remains in the same active status (i.e. medical school purgatory).Wait... I thought deferred meant you're accepted planning to go but you're pushing back starting until the following year?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
