2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May I ask when you were complete? I'm trying to get a sense of where Maine Track is in reviewing applications. Seems like Tufts in general is only really in July apps thus far.

July, but I can't speak for others that have interviewed thus far. I have a friend who was complete in July and the first available date for him wasn't until December for Maine.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
does your status ever change from ready to review? Mine has been like that since early august so just curious because i know some schools don't change the status
 
does your status ever change from ready to review? Mine has been like that since early august so just curious because i know some schools don't change the status
Mine changed from "Ready to Review" to "Your application is ready". I received an II 3-4 weeks later (probably not correlated with the status change). When I received an II, an extra line was added that indicated that an interview had been offered.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine changed from "Ready to Review" to "Your application is ready". I received an II 3-4 weeks later (probably not correlated with the status change). When I received an II, an extra line was added that indicated that an interview had been offered.

Hmm... mine has changed to "Your application is ready!"

Didn't realize that 'till just now. VERY INTERESTING.
 
Just regular track!
Do you know if Tufts will contact us with a yes, no, or deferral to the next interview cycle? I interviewed in September but haven't heard anything, but I thought they said we would hear back on October 15th and assumed that meant any decision.
 
Do you know if Tufts will contact us with a yes, no, or deferral to the next interview cycle? I interviewed in September but haven't heard anything, but I thought they said we would hear back on October 15th and assumed that meant any decision.

I'm in the same boat...interviewed in September without a peep so far. Is it really possible they haven't gotten to us yet?
 
I'm in the same boat...interviewed in September without a peep so far. Is it really possible they haven't gotten to us yet?
I'm not sure - I'm sure you saw on the thread that they are accepting people by phone call and with ~40 interviewees per week for a month, it probably does take a while, but I interviewed pretty early on. I also doubt they call people and say "Thanks for your time, you're rejected," so I'm thinking only acceptances are hearing back?
 
I'm not sure - I'm sure you saw on the thread that they are accepting people by phone call and with ~40 interviewees per week for a month, it probably does take a while, but I interviewed pretty early on. I also doubt they call people and say "Thanks for your time, you're rejected," so I'm thinking only acceptances are hearing back?

Last year's thread had people hearing back about deferrals on the 15th (either by email or by portal update, not by call). Maybe they're just really backed up this year for some reason.
 
Last year's thread had people hearing back about deferrals on the 15th (either by email or by portal update, not by call). Maybe they're just really backed up this year for some reason.
Hmm okay, I've checked my portal a few times but haven't seen any updates, so fingers crossed that that is good news. Good luck to you too!
 
Do you know if Tufts will contact us with a yes, no, or deferral to the next interview cycle? I interviewed in September but haven't heard anything, but I thought they said we would hear back on October 15th and assumed that meant any decision.

I was told that emails are supposed to be going out, starting today. So I am sure you will hear either way by today or tomorrow. I interviewed in September as well, best of luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody seen data for post-interview acceptance rate for Maine Track? Just currrriiioooussss!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when Maine track applicants will hear back? Based on last year's thread, it looks like decisions went out on 11/3.
 
Does anyone know when Maine track applicants will hear back? Based on last year's thread, it looks like decisions went out on 11/3.

I'm thinking sometime the week of Halloween. Apparently Dr. Bing-You goes down at the end of every month and calls go out pretty quickly after that.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I'm thinking sometime the week of Halloween. Apparently Dr. Bing-You goes down at the end of every month and calls go out pretty quickly after that.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
FWIW, I looked back at last year's thread. Maine track applicants who interviewed In Sep/Oct and regular applicants who interviewed in October started to hear back on 11/3 (first Tuesday of November). I'm sure these things change every year, but you can reasonably expect some news in a week or so.
 
FWIW, I looked back at last year's thread. Maine track applicants who interviewed In Sep/Oct and regular applicants who interviewed in October started to hear back on 11/3 (first Tuesday of November). I'm sure these things change every year, but you can reasonably expect some news in a week or so.

Did you happen to see when they began handing out rejections like bad halloween candy. You know, where at first you're really excited, but then you realize its candy corn and you're filled with disappointment.
 
Did you happen to see when they began handing out rejections like bad halloween candy. You know, where at first you're really excited, but then you realize its candy corn and you're filled with disappointment.
I wasn't looking for post-II rejection dates (trying to be positive), but deferrals came out at the same time as acceptances. I believe that pre-II rejections don't go out until the spring.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad