You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
T
tdb5203
Got a II (!!) - complete sometime in July, Lizzy M 71.5, and sent a letter of interest 12/16/16.
II on 12/28! Complete sometime mid September.
For those of you that may know a little more about the process at Tufts... are these interviews still for open seats or probably to fill an alternate list?
For those of you that may know a little more about the process at Tufts... are these interviews still for open seats or probably to fill an alternate list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get an email from financial aid to submit forms prior to an acceptance?
Or is this a general email sent out to everyone who applied to tufts?
I got the same e-mail today, though I assumed it was sent out to everyone who'd interviewed
Did anyone get an email from financial aid to submit forms prior to an acceptance?
Or is this a general email sent out to everyone who applied to tufts?
Did you already interview?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
This is correct. It went to everyone who interviewed up to now, as the financial aid information wasn't available for our interview days. Like the email said, if you think you'll go to Tufts if you get in, still send in your application. You'll have one less step to take care of once you get accepted.I got the same e-mail today, though I assumed it was sent out to everyone who'd interviewed
Yes
Every interview throughout the year is for a spot. There are people in my class who didn't interview til March and got in directly post-interview.II on 12/28! Complete sometime mid September.
For those of you that may know a little more about the process at Tufts... are these interviews still for open seats or probably to fill an alternate list?
They stressed getting it in sooner because of institutional aid availability. If you get in and submit your financial aid, you will receive an aid package for the full COA, but if you want scholarship, etc you need to get that in sooner than later.On my interview day, the financial aid folks stressed that we should submit our financial aid ASAP to assure we get the amount we need.
They stressed getting it in sooner because of institutional aid availability. If you get in and submit your financial aid, you will receive an aid package for the full COA, but if you want scholarship, etc you need to get that in sooner than later.
Thank for clarifying that for others. Should have explained that in my response.
II on Friday. Complete since August. sent in an update letter earlier this week. LizzyM 72-73. So excited!
Where did you send the letter to?
Edit: Apologies - I see the update tab in the system now. It's been a long workweek and it's not even Friday yet.
.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thoughts on sending interviewers thank you notes? I got the vibe that this was strongly urged. Has anyone done so and seen it added to their file through the application portal?
Regarding financial aid, why does one have to send in a FAFSA to be elligible for scholarships?
Regarding financial aid, why does one have to send in a FAFSA to be elligible for scholarships?
Last edited:
I think thank you notes are always a good idea. Whether it helps or not I am unsure. Sent mine in and got a differed the next week. EDIT: I thought they were well done but just make sure they are not haphazard. I think that's the only way they could hurt you. Not sure where they would add it to the portal, what do you mean?thoughts on sending interviewers thank you notes? I got the vibe that this was strongly urged. Has anyone done so and seen it added to their file through the application portal?
Regarding financial aid, why does one have to send in a FAFSA to be elligible for scholarships?
Someone asked about the scholarships thing on interview day and I recall it being something like a lot of the scholarships are need based. Not sure though.
Last edited:
anyone withdrawing their II, I just got one today and the only dates available are beginning of march. Idk if I should call and see if I can interview earlier cause March is far away
Complete here since late July and still silence. Sort of upset that I've heard nothing because this is my alma mater...oh well
II from here today. This was the last school on my list that I actually cared about getting a II from so I am ecstatic. I will definitely have a beer at a local pub before or after my interview JUST because its bahston
congrats! complete date?II from here today. This was the last school on my list that I actually cared about getting a II from so I am ecstatic. I will definitely have a beer at a local pub before or after my interview JUST because its bahston
September sometimecongrats! complete date?
Most scholarships are need based and so they need your parents tax returns for eligibility.thoughts on sending interviewers thank you notes? I got the vibe that this was strongly urged. Has anyone done so and seen it added to their file through the application portal?
Regarding financial aid, why does one have to send in a FAFSA to be elligible for scholarships?
All applicants regardless of when they interview have the same chance of being admitted, so if you are worried simply about interviewing late in the year, don't. There are at least a dozen people I know from the M'20 class that interviewed in March. If you are traveling from far away and will be in Boston before the available dates, then you can email them about trying to coordinate. Otherwise, book a date in March and best of luck!anyone withdrawing their II, I just got one today and the only dates available are beginning of march. Idk if I should call and see if I can interview earlier cause March is far away
Congrats. Jacob Worth is a block and a half away from campus and is good for a drink.II from here today. This was the last school on my list that I actually cared about getting a II from so I am ecstatic. I will definitely have a beer at a local pub before or after my interview JUST because its bahston
II last night, complete late September scheduled for March but hoping to bump it up
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
Does Tufts care about updates/Letters of interest pre II?
Anecdotal, but I sent a significant update early on in the process and received an II a couple weeks later. Obviously that doesn't necessarily translate to every situation, but at least it seems as if they aren't opposed to receiving themDoes Tufts care about updates/Letters of interest pre II?
Does Tufts care about updates/Letters of interest pre II?
I sent an update a month before my II. I don't think it makes a difference but it definitely doesn't hurt.
II last night, complete late September scheduled for March but hoping to bump it up
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
+1
II last night, completed September, scheduled for March
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Late but maybe will help people:
interviewed early december
accepted early Jan MD program
accepted mid Jan MD/MBA program
does anyone know a lot about the joint program? would love to discuss some specifics.
I would like to know that too. I'm applying for MD/MBA too. I haven't done my interview yet tho. Did you also separately interview for the MBA program?
There's a video from the program director on YouTube.
They seem to be very proud of their program-the fact that its health care oriented and can be done in 4 years.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did you also separately interview for the MBA program?
No separate interview, just the secondary!
Anecdotal, but I sent a significant update early on in the process and received an II a couple weeks later. Obviously that doesn't necessarily translate to every situation, but at least it seems as if they aren't opposed to receiving them
I sent an update a month before my II. I don't think it makes a difference but it definitely doesn't hurt.
Are you submitting updates through the portal? Or are people reaching out via email.
I personally submitted through the portalAre you submitting updates through the portal? Or are people reaching out via email.
Acceptance will be by phone, otherwise they will notify you via email.Interviewed 12.23.16 for Maine Track....when should I expect to hear? They said "mid-late Jan"...assuming notification is by phone?
I think I read previously that they meet as a committee on the 25th of every month and phone calls happen early the following week. Could be completely misremembering.Interviewed 12.23.16 for Maine Track....when should I expect to hear? They said "mid-late Jan"...assuming notification is by phone?
I got a differed by email, just pray for that Maine area code to pop up on your phone. Interviewed 12/9, differed 1/5... hope that helpsInterviewed 12.23.16 for Maine Track....when should I expect to hear? They said "mid-late Jan"...assuming notification is by phone?
Just now?Got an II but I'm withdrawing my application, good luck!
yeah, me too. unfortunately at this point its a rejection im sureSilence since july
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, me too. unfortunately at this point its a rejection im sure
+3
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Complete since 7/27, radio silence since then. Doesn't look promising for me.
will january interviews hear back tomorrow?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K