2016-2017 Tulane University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! 67.2 LizzyM, completed on 7/18. I did not sign up for CASPer because I assumed I would not get an interview and did not want to waste time. Do you guys think I should go ahead and sign up for that?

I second that question.

I never signed up but now I'm interviewing and don't want to sell myself short by not having any results
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I second that question.

I never signed up but now I'm interviewing and don't want to sell myself short by not having any results

I think it would be a good idea. I signed up for the test after I got my II, so I did not have it when they made the decision. Although they don't come out and say that it is a requirement, I feel that it is one of those unstated requirement. It only costs $10+$10 for every school you send to, so why risk it?
 
In some random document of theirs, they say that they try to give rejections or II invites within 3 weeks...i wish.
No big deal but it gave me a little false hope
 
FYI the weekend of 10/28 aligns with the Voodoo Festival in New Orleans. For anyone not staying with a med student/staying for additional days, I'd suggest booking your hotel or airbnb soon. (remember to buy your tickets to see arcade fire too 😉 )
 
Did it take anyone else about a month to go from the red exclamation point to the green checkmark?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also paddling the rejection boat. Complete 7/30, LizzyM 69 OOS. Don't worry guys, we're all in this together and it's a marathon, not a sprint.
 
First rejection as well, complete 7/22 with the green checkmark starting on 8/12. Guess it won't be NOLA next fall
 
Complete (green check) since 08/04, still radio silence. I have an inkling that i'll hear once my score is back next week.. D:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected. LM 70-75, OOS. Submitted 7/14. Took Casper.

This school's secondary fee was outrageous. $140 dollars down the tubes.

Good luck to everyone else! NOLA & Tulane are awesome.
 
Rejected in the past day or two. Green check for like 3 weeks. Honestly, 100% ok with it. They saw through my app lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did it take anyone a month or so to get the green check mark?? It's been a little over a month for me. Thanks!