2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II rejection just now via email. OOS but tied to state. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry friends. This is really sad. This thread has been so quiet and this is not the news any of us wanted to hear. ☹️ Good luck, friends!!! We will all end up where we are needed and meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
that is so nice :) thank you! I was complete end of july. so it's been a while, and I'm not too surprised. Also OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
*sees pre-II rejections: stares off into the distance, squinting*
Storm's a' comin'

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but will Colorado take an additional letter of rec submitted through AMCAS? Can I/ Do I need to submit an update letter with it on the portal?

Again, apologies if this is redundant!!

......this is all assuming they don't hit me with that rejection email in the immediate future

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but will Colorado take an additional letter of rec submitted through AMCAS? Can I/ Do I need to submit an update letter with it on the portal?

Again, apologies if this is redundant!!

......this is all assuming they don't hit me with that rejection email in the immediate future

They do not accept updates. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 2 users
No email yet! Dr. Zehnder implied it might not come until tomorrow. I missed the call myself, but she left me a voicemail. Hope this helps! Fingers crossed for you!
Hey. I got in the same day. I was told that we would be getting an email regarding an accepted student portal with a log in and what not. Have you received that yet? I called and was told to contact somadmin, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Thanks.

Hey. I got in the same day. I was told that we would be getting an email regarding an accepted student portal with a log in and what not. Have you received that yet? I called and was told to contact somadmin, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Thanks.
Nope, haven't received anything after submitting my confirmation forms.

Nope, haven't received anything after submitting my confirmation forms.
Thanks. I was just curious because I was told to expect it, but never got one. I did receive my confirmation for being a Colorado resident yesterday though. What day did you get in?

Thanks. I was just curious because I was told to expect it, but never got one. I did receive my confirmation for being a Colorado resident yesterday though. What day did you get in?
11/13

Members don't see this ad :)

I haven't received such an email yet. I was accepted back in October, and submitted my confirmation materials the same week I was accepted. I have had no email communication with the admissions office since I submitted those.

I haven't received such an email yet. I was accepted back in October, and submitted my confirmation materials the same week I was accepted. I have had no email communication with the admissions office since I submitted those.
Sounds good. Same boat as you. 10/24.

Just got the call. Accepted in-state at CU today after interviewing 11/4.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 11 users
Dude!! Congrats! Interviewed the same day. Didn't hear so propbably not a good sign..

Also interviewed 11/4 and didn't get a call. Fingers crossed for later this week!!

Reactions: 1 users
II received today. I'm very excited to check this school out!

II today! OOS, complete late July.

I am unable to attend the date they offered and submitted a request to reschedule. Does anybody have an idea how long it will take to get a new date?

Reactions: 4 users
II today! OOS, complete late July.

I am unable to attend the date they offered and submitted a request to reschedule. Does anybody have an idea how long it will take to get a new date?

Same thing happened to me. I called them directly and they scheduled a new date for me on the spot.

Reactions: 1 user
The tracker was finally updated.
ImageUploadedBySDN1482336186.144313.jpg

Did anyone from 10/28 hear back yet? Should I assume that our committee has met already if 11/4 is hearing back?

I'm naively hoping that some of those 99 new acceptances are calls that have yet to be made.

Did anyone from 10/28 hear back yet? Should I assume that our committee has met already if 11/4 is hearing back?

I have a friend that interviewed on 10/28 and was accepted on November 10th. That said, I also know someone who interviewed early November last year and wasn't accepted until January.

I'm naively hoping that some of those 99 new acceptances are calls that have yet to be made.

You and me both friend!! I'm heading back to Colorado in a week and it would be SO nice to be able to look at apartments and know that it may be the last trip I make out to Colorado for a vacation. I am soooooo ready to move!!

Yeah I'm shocked by that high of a number... I can't imagine there's too many left then? I didn't interview very long ago so feel like I have a while to wait yet.

Yeah I'm shocked by that high of a number... I can't imagine there's too many left then? I didn't interview very long ago so feel like I have a while to wait yet.

I believe that they usually offer about 300 acceptances so there are still a fair amount left to go!

>488 interview offers

Don't they generally offer ~600 interviews? :(

Edit: According to US News & World Report: 694 interviewed, 316 accepted. ~35% of the spots friends! There's still hope!

Last edited:
Got the acceptance email a couple days ago and my application status was updated to accepted as well!! Still haven't received a call yet, but I'll take the acceptance regardless!

Edit: Apparently, I did get the admissions call but my voicemail box was full so I never received the message.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance email a couple days ago and my application status was updated to accepted as well!! Still haven't received a call yet, but I'll take the acceptance regardless!

Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Thank you! Good luck to you with your cycle!

So if I was complete early August, is it a good thing or a bad thing that I haven't heard anything yet?

Accepted!! My first one :soexcited: interviewed on the 18th of Nov acceptance call dec 19th. Best of luck all!

Reactions: 7 users

Did you just email the forms to their admissions email or did you actually mail the forms to their office? On the CU Contract it says to mail the form but on the Co Springs Preference Sheet it just says to email them the signed form.

Did you just email the forms to their admissions email or did you actually mail the forms to their office? On the CU Contract it says to mail the form but on the Co Springs Preference Sheet it just says to email them the signed form.
You can scan/email all the forms to them. This was confirmed to me by the admissions office!

I initially scanned/emailed the forms, and a few days later I also sent in a hard copy through the mail. I called the office and they told me they had my forms, but I never got an official email about it.

You can scan/email all the forms to them. This was confirmed to me by the admissions office!

I initially scanned/emailed the forms, and a few days later I also sent in a hard copy through the mail. I called the office and they told me they had my forms, but I never got an official email about it.

Thank you both!

Withdrew my interview/application from here just now. Best of luck to everyone!

Do they accept fall grade updates? (Sorry if this was already asked, I looked through the last few pages and didn't see anything)