2016-2017 University of Kansas Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any other EPD interviewees freaking out and refreshed email every 30 seconds all day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Refresh, Refresh, Refresh.....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone that has interviewed here give any insight into your experience? Open/closed file? Faculty/Student? Conversational or more high pressure? Thanks in advance!

First two are either, and it's very conversational.

Anybody know who they interview in Wichita on the 24th of this month? The website refers to "a limited number of candidates will interview in Wichita or Salina". Is it which campus you labeled as your #1?

Not really. There were people who interviewed in Wichita that are at KC now.

Anybody know who they interview in Wichita on the 24th of this month? The website refers to "a limited number of candidates will interview in Wichita or Salina". Is it which campus you labeled as your #1?

Typically determined by your "original" Kansas residence if available. Western Kansas will typically interview at Wichita or Salina. Southeast Kansas in Wichita. Everybody else KC. Also, it is sometimes determined by when your application was submitted.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!

Just got an II at the Wichita campus in late October. OOS and my first II this year! Complete 8/27 LizzyM 71.

Does anyone know if participating in the programs like Primary Care Workshop, going to the open houses, or participating in summer enrichment increases your chances at KU. Also do they keep record of your attendance and look it up while looking at your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if participating in the programs like Primary Care Workshop, going to the open houses, or participating in summer enrichment increases your chances at KU. Also do they keep record of your attendance and look it up while looking at your application.
Yes, they help, but what you learned helps far more. And, no, they don't keep a running file on that. They can always look but generally if you put something down and remember nothing about it you might as well have not attended or listed it.

Depth. Not breadth.

Thanks! I went to the pre admissions program this past summer and spoke about what I learned on my primary. I did go to the primary care workshop and open houses but I didn't put those down. I just remember when signing up for the open house they asked for the last four digits of my social to reference if/when someone applies.

Does anyone know how many total interviews KU conducts vs the number of applicants? I know this information exists somewhere on the internet, I just can't find it and I'd rather not buy an MSAR.

Does anyone know how many total interviews KU conducts vs the number of applicants? I know this information exists somewhere on the internet, I just can't find it and I'd rather not buy an MSAR.
532 interviewed 262 accepted 211 enrolled according to US News. About 50%.

For those that interviewed the first week of October, do we find out whether we've been accepted/rejected in November?

For those that interviewed the first week of October, do we find out whether we've been accepted/rejected in November?

Believe so. I think it's supposed to be the week of 10/31.

Is there a reason this thread is so dead? Also I assume no one has heard about November interviews yet?

Believe so. I think it's supposed to be the week of 10/31.

+1, I recall Sandy saying on interview day that the committee wouldn't be able to meet until October 25th

Been complete since July 27th and I've heard nothing. I'm from OOS but others have been invited with this status so I may have been looked over. :( Not sure if anyone else is in this boat or not.

Been complete since July 27th and I've heard nothing. I'm from OOS but others have been invited with this status so I may have been looked over. :( Not sure if anyone else is in this boat or not.
heyy man.. i'm pretty sure the only OOS that usually interview prior to January are the ones with outrageous stats and EC's. us normal folks (aka 99% of the OOS applicant pool) gets invited the first wk of January, so don't sweat it until Jan comes around!

Interview invite today for Nov. 16th Complete 9/12 . 507 mcat 3.6 gpa with upward trend. Good luck everyone!

I found out at my interview that the first decision will be mailed out (yes, snail mail) November 15th. A few days of waiting between now and then :p

I found out at my interview that the first decision will be mailed out (yes, snail mail) November 15th. A few days of waiting between now and then :p

So you interviewed this week correct? So the turn around time for a decision to be sent out via snail mail is about three weeks?

Rejected today from the 10/5 interview group. One more spot for the rest of you. Good luck!

Rejected today from the 10/5 interview group. One more spot for the rest of you. Good luck!
Sorry to hear about that, stay positive and keep your head up! Did they send the rejection via email or was it a letter?

The only decisions delivered via e-mail are ED and post-bac. It'd be nice if they switched to e-mail in the future though.

Wait listed, interviewed 10/4

For semantic's sake, we're on hold. Wait listed would mean we could find out as late as early-August which would be an even crazier wait :panda:.

Interviewed Oct 5. Accepted via snail mail today. IS.

Reactions: 1 users
Still hoping for an interview. Complete August 23rd. IS.