2016-2017 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2 years ago: February 23rd, a Monday
last year: March 3rd, a Thursday

My prediction for 2017: sometime next week Feb 27th - Mar 3rd
=D
Hoping for something sooner rather than later! Also most likely will be some after the second look weekend
 
Has any waitlisted students sent in an update letter yet? if yes did you send it to the general admissions email address?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we need to send deposit to reserve the seat besides completing the data form? I didn't see any instructions for deposits....


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Does anyone know if Pitt normally has waves of waitlist acceptances?

I wanted to write a LOI to Pitt since it's one of my top choices but I wasn't sure if I should since I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools in mid-March!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Pitt normally has waves of waitlist acceptances?

I wanted to write a LOI to Pitt since it's one of my top choices but I wasn't sure if I should since I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools in mid-March!!
This is purely speculation but my guess would be that the bulk of the waitlist movement will occur after April 30. Might be completely wrong though.
 
Does anyone know if Pitt normally has waves of waitlist acceptances?

I wanted to write a LOI to Pitt since it's one of my top choices but I wasn't sure if I should since I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools in mid-March!!
looking at past threads, last year there was movement at the beginning March and then again toward the third week of March and the second week of May. My guess is 1 or 2 more waves.
 
Last edited:
No WL movement for me either. 🙁
According to last year's thread there's apparently a directory that shows class size? Does anyone know if the number is known yet or will that only be made known after April 30th or something?
 
No WL movement for me either. 🙁
According to last year's thread there's apparently a directory that shows class size? Does anyone know if the number is known yet or will that only be made known after April 30th or something?
thinking there will be more rounds of movement as accepted people make decisions after other recent decisions have been released from other schools
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have more info on the Darragh street apartments? Found some basic info on it, but can't find anything in detail and there are no pictures of the interior as well if anyone has that as well.
 
Does anyone have more info on the Darragh street apartments? Found some basic info on it, but can't find anything in detail and there are no pictures of the interior as well if anyone has that as well.
There was a booklet about them in the folder they gave us on interview day if you still have that laying around