You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Brown University (Alpert)
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Can anyone who went on the interview or students at Brown elaborate on why they loved Brown? I've only heard good things but no one really elaborates on why specifically
Interviewed here last cycle--things I thought made Brown awesome:
- MS1s met during lunch/tour were super cool--kind, diverse, engaging. I'm LGBT and a non-trad applicant and there were tons of people of different ages, interests, backgrounds, etc.
- Interviewers were relaxed, engaged, not adversarial at all, had interesting things to say about Brown/Alpert/practicing medicine in RI. I live in CA and it hadn't previously occurred to me how straightforward/commonplace completing a statewide intervention could be when you're at the only med school in the state and it's tiny; at the same time, I learned concrete new information about diversity of populations within RI that would make it a great place to learn as a med student/new doc.
- Incredibly warm/welcoming/knowledgeable/dedicated admissions staff--was greeted by Marcy when I arrived for the interview and she immediately knew who I was and clearly knew my app like the back of her hand from comments she made to me about different activities, where I had flown in from, etc.
Gotta love Marcy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A true saintGotta love Marcy
Marcy was great. I'm a fan of Filomena too. She was kind organized and welcomed me in my second language (FYI never lie about those things!)A true saint
Do people send LOI pre-II? Not sure if it's worth it / if that's even commonplace, but I so so so want to get an II from Brown...
Rejection pre-II, complete mid-September. Stats in signature. Good luck guys!
Edit: This was my signature at the time:
Class of 2022!
MD Schools: 19 cGPA: 3.99 MCAT: 521 LizzyM: 77.9
Pre-II: H 1 | R 8 | WD 3
II 6 | IA 5 | A 2 | WL 1 | R -
Canadian Schools (dual citizen): 4 | R 2 | II 2 | A - | WL -
Edit: This was my signature at the time:
Class of 2022!
MD Schools: 19 cGPA: 3.99 MCAT: 521 LizzyM: 77.9
Pre-II: H 1 | R 8 | WD 3
II 6 | IA 5 | A 2 | WL 1 | R -
Canadian Schools (dual citizen): 4 | R 2 | II 2 | A - | WL -
Last edited:
also finally got that axe. best of luck to everyone else!
Also R this morning....
Anyone else still out there....? Complete early Sept...still silence. Please stop stringing me along, Brown.
Complete mid-late august and still have not heard anything, not getting my hopes up though.
Anyone else still out there....? Complete early Sept...still silence. Please stop stringing me along, Brown.
Complete mid-late august and still have not heard anything, not getting my hopes up though.
Complete early august... I'm just waiting for the rejection email at this point.... would love an II though haha

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On my interview day (1/11) they informed us that a decision would be sent to us on the 29th (this Monday)Anyone know when the next round of acceptances go out? Is it usually an email or a call?
Rejected yesterday morning, complete 8/25.
Good luck to the rest of you!
Good luck to the rest of you!
Anyone else still out there....? Complete early Sept...still silence. Please stop stringing me along, Brown.
Still waiting here, complete since mid-July. I would really love a decision soon... ideally an II! The wait is killing me tho
Got an II! Complete 7/28
Last time it was at 1What time of the day does brown usually send decisions? Trying not to spend all day tomorrow in fear haha
Not gunna lie, I’m secretly hoping that my waitlist will turn into an acceptance tomorrow 
Even though I know the chances are slim to none lol
Even though I know the chances are slim to none lol
Last edited:
Same here..Not gunna lie, I’m secretly hoping that my waitlist will turn into an acceptance tomorrow
Even though I know the chances are slim to none lol
They came out early today, just received my acceptance, wicked excited
I hope sowaitlisted. Does brown typically have good waitlist movement? Ugh
Yes, they do, though they also waitlist a ton of people it seems like.waitlisted. Does brown typically have good waitlist movement? Ugh
Anyone know if the last interview date is in Mid-February again this year? (Noticed on last year's thread, it was around Feb 17th). Still pre-II silence...complete early Sept.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1. Complete early AugustFinally rejected just now. Best of luck to everyone!
Thanks so much for the reply! Does anyone happen to know if they accept thank you letters and who we should address them to? Marcy was the kindest person I have ever met hahahInterviewed here last cycle--things I thought made Brown awesome:
Hope that's somewhat helpful!
- MS1s met during lunch/tour were super cool--kind, diverse, engaging. I'm LGBT and a non-trad applicant and there were tons of people of different ages, interests, backgrounds, etc.
- Interviewers were relaxed, engaged, not adversarial at all, had interesting things to say about Brown/Alpert/practicing medicine in RI. I live in CA and it hadn't previously occurred to me how straightforward/commonplace completing a statewide intervention could be when you're at the only med school in the state and it's tiny; at the same time, I learned concrete new information about diversity of populations within RI that would make it a great place to learn as a med student/new doc.
- Incredibly warm/welcoming/knowledgeable/dedicated admissions staff--was greeted by Marcy when I arrived for the interview and she immediately knew who I was and clearly knew my app like the back of her hand from comments she made to me about different activities, where I had flown in from, etc.
Thanks so much for the reply! Does anyone happen to know if they accept thank you letters and who we should address them to? Marcy was the kindest person I have ever met hahah
Anytime! I sent thank you notes to Marcy and the other people in the office that I spoke with in any significant amount, in addition to my interviewers. Buuuuuuut they rejected me twice, sooooo....maybe don't do what I did, idk.
Marcy told me to send them to herself or the admissions office, I sent mine to admissionsThanks so much for the reply! Does anyone happen to know if they accept thank you letters and who we should address them to? Marcy was the kindest person I have ever met hahah
Sorry to ask but we’re you waitlisted both times before rejection?Anytime! I sent thank you notes to Marcy and the other people in the office that I spoke with in any significant amount, in addition to my interviewers. Buuuuuuut they rejected me twice, sooooo....maybe don't do what I did, idk.
Np, waitlisted after interview in mid-Feb last cycle, and this cycle got rejected pre-II on literally the same exact day in January that I got my interview last cycle, in mid-Jan. I think I either prob did something terrible in one of the interviews or they just felt like I didn't change enough in my app to change their original decision on me...I'm older and a non-trad/career changer so like my narrative as an applicant can't change that much in a single year.Sorry to ask but we’re you waitlisted both times before rejection?
I keep missing the R waves somehow...but still no II either. R inevitable at this point? :/
Same hereI keep missing the R waves somehow...but still no II either. R inevitable at this point? :/
No news since July🙁
Why won't Brown send that rejection already? [emoji24][emoji24] I can't take the suspense anymore.
Sent from my 5056W using SDN mobile
Sent from my 5056W using SDN mobile
Just rejected Pre-II. Complete 8/22 LM71, OOS, ORM
+1! FINALLY!!!! Complete since 9/6FINALLY Rejected. This has been a roller coaster. Complete early October. LM 72.
Anyone else still in pre-II silence?
Anyone else still in pre-II silence?
me! Unsure how I feel tbh haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me! Unsure how I feel tbh haha
*raises hand timidly*
Yuppp sameee here hahaa
Just Rejected as well complete mid August
Complete mid-late August and still nothing. They need to put me out of my misery alreadyAnyone else still in pre-II silence?

I agree - no word since July 😕 Do they normally send out letters on particular days?Complete mid-late August and still nothing. They need to put me out of my misery already![]()
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

