-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Brown University (Alpert)
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does brown take ITA emails? 🙂
Yes
Oh ok thank you! Have you sent one to Brown before?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is your top school if you don’t mind me asking?II this evening, will be withdrawing tomorrow (need my computer haha) due to monetary restraints and the unlikelihood of my attending over my current top school. Hope someone else gets it!
Washington university in St. Louis!What is your top school if you don’t mind me asking?
Congrats! A Great school. It always helps to see where people choose to go over schools you're consideringWashington university in St. Louis!
Congrats! A Great school. It always helps to see where people choose to go over schools you're considering
Thank you! I just really felt at home when I was there for my interview, more so than any other school I’ve visited. I can totally imaging myself fitting in there, which is something I didn’t really get in undergrad!
Just curious why people don't withdraw their app when they know they won't attend the interview anyhow, but instead wait until after time and effort has been spent by the adcoms reviewing their app and inviting them. I've seen this in almost every thread I have followed. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just wondering why it's so common to see this. Is it that people just don't get around to withdrawing?
Just curious why people don't withdraw their app when they know they won't attend the interview anyhow, but instead wait until after time and effort has been spent by the adcoms reviewing their app and inviting them. I've seen this in almost every thread I have followed. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just wondering why it's so common to see this. Is it that people just don't get around to withdrawing?
I honestly wasn’t expecting an ii this late in the game from them and I kind of has this submit and forget mentality. I had about an hour long talk with my parent and friends about whether or not it would be personally worth it for me to go because that the beginning of the cycle I promised myself I’d give every school a chance (you never know where you will love). I just came to the decision that it wouldn’t be for this one ♀️
People put a lot of time, effort and money into these apps and probably like to see what the result of that effort and money is. I doubt most schools put in more time reviewing apps prior to II than the applicant puts in writing theirs.Just curious why people don't withdraw their app when they know they won't attend the interview anyhow, but instead wait until after time and effort has been spent by the adcoms reviewing their app and inviting them. I've seen this in almost every thread I have followed. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just wondering why it's so common to see this. Is it that people just don't get around to withdrawing?
Thats my rationalization
Cool! Thanks for answering! I actually withdrew from a few schools, as I suggested above, but I felt kind of weird about it at the same time. I just wanted to see what you guys thought. All the best!I honestly wasn’t expecting an ii this late in the game from them and I kind of has this submit and forget mentality. I had about an hour long talk with my parent and friends about whether or not it would be personally worth it for me to go because that the beginning of the cycle I promised myself I’d give every school a chance (you never know where you will love). I just came to the decision that it wouldn’t be for this one ♀️
Rejected pre-II today and completed in early August.
Just rejected pre-II 🙁 Complete mid August. Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back.
Just got hit with that pre-II R. About time! Complete mid July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still complete silence after 6 months. If only the class was slightly bigger, then I'd feel like I had a more realistic chance
.
Last edited:
Rejected. Complete early Oct.
Rejected pre II
Sorry to those rejected!
Can I get some +s to who's still around in silence since the beginning?
complete mid august
Can I get some +s to who's still around in silence since the beginning?
complete mid august
Complete early July and nothing yet
+1 since mid augustSorry to those rejected!
Can I get some +s to who's still around in silence since the beginning?
complete mid august
+2 silence since complete e-mail 7/25/17+1 since mid august
+1 since mid august
+2 silence since complete e-mail 7/25/17
+3. Complete mid-July

+4, mid-Aug+3. Complete mid-July![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+5 Complete Mid August+4, mid-Aug
+# Completed 7/22/17 LM 65 I don't know why I have not been rejected!
Last edited:
+# Also submitted mid-July, LM 70. Really not sure what to expect here... would love an II!
+8 silence since complete first week of Sept
Anyone else on the waitlist get the financial aid application info sent to them today? I'm wondering if it's because I reached out recently with an update or if it's going to everyone on the list. <3
I just got it tooAnyone else on the waitlist get the financial aid application info sent to them today? I'm wondering if it's because I reached out recently with an update or if it's going to everyone on the list. <3
Withdrawing my app to attend my top choice!! hope you all get in 🙂
Last edited:
Damn, that sucks, this is my nightmare, sorry to hear :'( Hopefully you've had success elsewhere this cycle?rejected pre-ii tonight, super devastating because i interviewed here last year and was waitlisted--apparently the more work i put in, the less attractive an applicant i become! oh the joys of this process. good luck everyone!!
Damn, that sucks, this is my nightmare, sorry to hear :'( Hopefully you've had success elsewhere this cycle?
thanks, not yet, fingers crossed but know that things don't look great for me! love brown/providence though and some of the people there so maybe will end up there in the future/in some other capacity. awesome school.
+10 complete since July and nadaaa+# Silence. Complete 9/6. Are they going to reject me or nah?
+10 complete since July and nadaaa
+11 Since July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(II) Friday, complete early August. 517 MCAT, 3.86 GPA. Anyone have any advice on where to stay? This interview caught me really off guard
(II) Friday, complete early August. 517 MCAT, 3.86 GPA. Anyone have any advice on where to stay? This interview caught me really off guard
Congrats! I didn't stay in Providence but the med school is walking distance from where a lot of the downtown hotels were. I stayed in Boston with a friend. You can easily get to Providence from Boston, 1 hr ride on the commuter rail, or 30 minutes on Amtrak ($12 ticket if purchased in advance) the morning of your interview. I walked from the train station (~15 minutes) but I think uber would be easy too. Good luck! I had a really wonderful day
The Biltmore is a fine establishment(II) Friday, complete early August. 517 MCAT, 3.86 GPA. Anyone have any advice on where to stay? This interview caught me really off guard
I got one too with no updateAnyone else on the waitlist get the financial aid application info sent to them today? I'm wondering if it's because I reached out recently with an update or if it's going to everyone on the list. <3
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K