2017-2018 Central Michigan University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
These are all valid points. I did notice that last year the 30th fell on a Sunday and this year it was a Monday. I did not know that the committee meets on Mondays. The only option is to sit back and hold out hope.

I don't know for sure if they meet on Mondays, I offered that as a potential reason they have not accepted more off the wait list. I do think I remember the Monday potentially being correct however, but don't quote me on that. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! I was also just accepted via Email. Definitely the happiest moment of my life. This was my second time through and my first acceptance!
If anyone is looking for a roommate, feel free to message me. I am also looking for a roommate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are my chances at this point?

Can't really answer that, as you never really know... but it would be wise to work on your back up plans for either another app cycle, or strengthening your app... to make the most of your time.

And to clarify, interviews are done at CMed for this season. There is still a chance of acceptance up until matriculation the first week in August. I know people who had this happen the week before they started.
 
Last edited:
Can't really answer that, as you never really know... but it would be wise to work on your back up plans for either another app cycle, or strengthening your app... to make the most of your time.

And to clarify, interviews are done at CMed for this season. There is still a chance of acceptance up until matriculation the first week in August. I know people who had this happen the week before they started.
Lol whoops, I meant WL season. Despite it being slow as it’s been :thinking:
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted. I'm literally crying and shaking. I'm so happy. For everyone on here who is still on hold or was rejected on hold, I was in the same position last year. Never stop believing in yourself and never give up on your dreams. FIRE UP CHIPS!
So happy to hear this!! You’ve alsways seemed to have such a good attitude on here, I’m thrilled you’ll be joining Cmed in the fall!! Fire up chips!!!
 
So happy to hear this!! You’ve alsways seemed to have such a good attitude on here, I’m thrilled you’ll be joining Cmed in the fall!! Fire up chips!!!
Thank you so much and thank you for always posting on here and helping answer questions for people who want to go here. We may all be anon, but it just helps so much to have someone to ask these things and to refer to (Especially on the waitlist).
 
Accepted. I'm literally crying and shaking. I'm so happy. For everyone on here who is still on hold or was rejected on hold, I was in the same position last year. Never stop believing in yourself and never give up on your dreams. FIRE UP CHIPS!

I am absolutely thrilled for you!! I came off the waitlist myself, so I know the struggle and the elation when you finally get that call. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Everyone who’s recently been accepted, welcome to CMED - we can’t wait to meet you!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I am absolutely thrilled for you!! I came off the waitlist myself, so I know the struggle and the elation when you finally get that call. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Everyone who’s recently been accepted, welcome to CMED - we can’t wait to meet you!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you so much! I cant wait for August! 🙂
 
Does anyone know how long it takes for the school to send us our official packet and when we accepted online were we supposed to pay a deposit or does that come with the official packet that comes in the mail? Just want to make sure I didn’t mess something up. Thanks!
 
Does anyone know how long it takes for the school to send us our official packet and when we accepted online were we supposed to pay a deposit or does that come with the official packet that comes in the mail? Just want to make sure I didn’t mess something up. Thanks!
No deposit 😉 Just electronically agree to the matriculation documents. And I think packets are sent out on the following Thursday, so you should expect to see a packet Monday or so
 
Hi, I've found this forum really helpful so wanted to create an account to post my data point.

I'm a Canadian applicant who just received an acceptance to CMU for the class of 2022. Submitted my secondary Aug. 15, 2017, received an interview Nov. 20th, and interviewed Jan. 19, 2018. After that I was put on hold on Feb. 7th, which went directly to acceptance (i.e., no waitlist) today.

Hope the info is helpful to others applying.

Just wanted to follow up on this--

I received an offer to a Canadian medical school that is closer to home (and much cheaper!), so I have just declined my spot at CMU. Best of luck to those who are still waiting for news!
 
Just wanted to follow up on this--

I received an offer to a Canadian medical school that is closer to home (and much cheaper!), so I have just declined my spot at CMU. Best of luck to those who are still waiting for news!
Wow congrats! I know those are super hard to get into 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! They can be, depending on your stats. I've actually been trying for 6 cycles in Canada (this was my first year applying to the US) so am glad I was able to finally make it.
Six cycles??! Holy shiznits, you’re going to be an amazing doctor. Congrats again future physician 🙂
 
I was accepted recently after giving up hope this cycle and misplaced my CMU info documents. Can someone please explain what CARES is? Are these exam weeks and how often are exams?
 
Last edited: