-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Emory University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nice! Congrats, emory's my dream school!
Mind sharing stats?
Also, whats an example of "significant ties" to a school/area?
Does Emory care significantly about ties to the area? I keep seeing that mentioned in this thread.
.
Last edited:
Any thoughts on what my chances would be of getting an interview. 3.87 GPA, 517 on the MCAT, with pretty cookie cutter, average ECs. I have done a lot of research, however I have not been published yet. I am in-state and live in metro ATL. I have received 3 interviews so far, two of them from schools in Georgia and the other is out of state. I was complete second week of August. I thought I would have received an interview by now , but maybe my ECs are not strong enough.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still silent here - I have an update I can add in December, and I think it’s time to tell them that my parents live just two hours from Atlanta at this point - not in GA, but close by (as it seems they connections). At this point, there are only two schools I would kind of like to hear from and this is one of them!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
+1Jumping on this thread, complete 7/11 and complete silence. Anyone else in a similar boat?
II today! Complete 08/19
Congrats!!II today! Complete 08/19
I wasn't complete until early September...maybe my file is coming up soon in the application pile?! #wishfulthinking
Also, would you mind sharing what interview dates were available?
Where can you list ties to the area? I don't remember seeing this anywhere but I have a ton of family that lives in Atlanta/Doraville, etc. but I didnt think of mentioning it as its private not public
II!!! Completed 8/11
Congrats! Did u just get it?II!!! Completed 8/11
They have an area where you can post updates. They seem to have a (somewhat limited) regional preference, so I say add it in.Where can you list ties to the area? I don't remember seeing this anywhere but I have a ton of family that lives in Atlanta/Doraville, etc. but I didnt think of mentioning it as its private not public
They have an area where you can post updates. They seem to have a (somewhat limited) regional preference, so I say add it in.
I actually submitted an update in September about a new volunteering role since my noncinical was lower end, but their update system is a little strange. It seems it's not separate updates but more so that you keep adding on to additional updates (it has the 1000 character limit).
I think if update with just the ties to the area it's not significant is it?
There is a review article I'm on that's being submitted next week and is essentially accepted already (our lab was invited to submit it so they can't really reject it haha) so I can probably also put that along with updates on hours etc
Congrats!!
I wasn't complete until early September...maybe my file is coming up soon in the application pile?! #wishfulthinking
Also, would you mind sharing what interview dates were available?
The earliest dates were mid-December, I didn't look if they were scheduling January
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahh. Thanks for the reply!The earliest dates were mid-December, I didn't look if they were scheduling January
Yup!Congrats! Did u just get it?
Yep same hereJumping on this thread, complete 7/11 and complete silence. Anyone else in a similar boat?
Same situation as you, @mscandy. I'm keeping the hope alive for both of us.Hope’s getting slimmer as Emory is still reviewing people who completed in August and I completed in September...
Thanks! Fingers crossed for both of us 🙂Same situation as you, @mscandy. I'm keeping the hope alive for both of us.
Do they go relatively in chronological order in terms if review?Same situation as you, @mscandy. I'm keeping the hope alive for both of us.
Are interviews open or closed file?
Does anyone know if we might be getting portal updates//mail if ITA today? Or should we expect them tomorrow?
I think portal updates at least go up tomorrow at noon.
Has anyone who interviewed in the past month's portal been updated yet?
accepted on the portal!!!!!!!!!! words cant express how happy i am!!!
Does anyone know if the portals update all at once?
At the interview, Emory said that if you aren't accepted in a certain wave of acceptances, your application will be reconsidered for the next one and so forth until March. Does anyone know if this is actually the case / did anyone get an acceptance 3-4 waves after your interview date?
I interviewed literally the first week of Interviews at Emory (In state) and There have been two acceptance waves and I have not gotten in. Can I assume at this point I am toast, or is there actually a real chance I can get it in one of the next 3 waves?
I interviewed literally the first week of Interviews at Emory (In state) and There have been two acceptance waves and I have not gotten in. Can I assume at this point I am toast, or is there actually a real chance I can get it in one of the next 3 waves?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ugh, I don't know but I don't see an update in my portal 🙁 Wondering when I should stop checking.. I keep telling myself that since I'm in CA maybe they wouldn't update mine until 12:00 here, but I doubt that is true... :/Does anyone know if the portals update all at once?
Accepted!! I wouldn't have thought to check the portal, thanks for the reminder!!
Anyone know when I would potentially get an interview if my secondary was submitted Sept 2 (late, I know). Also a Canadian so it's probably not very likely but hopefully my stats make up for it.
My feeling is that Emory does a type of scoring system and slowly invites people according to score (this is a complete guess just based on watching the application cycle and understanding how some schools work). So completion date will make a difference on when they review your application, but it may take a bit longer to get to an invite. I have no idea what they are prioritizing, so if/when you hear back is largely up to what they are looking for and how well you match that.
Good luck! I hope you do hear from them. I’m trying to remain in the south, so Emory is one of the three schools I would like to hear from before the cycle is over. Maybe we will see each other at an interview in the future?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
can someone comment on if the interviews are open or closed? or one of each?
no news
emory pls
This waiting got me wondering if I ever even applied to Emory at all...emory pls
19 II's! Save some for the rest of us ; )This waiting got me wondering if I ever even applied to Emory at all...
Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted at a later wave? Do people usually get accepted only from the one closest to their interview?
might as well just reject us right now. i won't have a problem with that
Wondering this tooDoes anyone know the likelihood of being accepted at a later wave? Do people usually get accepted only from the one closest to their interview?
Just got an II today for a Fri dec 1st interview (in 3 days!) due to a cancellation so have hope!!
When we’re you complete?Just got an II today for a Fri dec 1st interview (in 3 days!) due to a cancellation so have hope!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/21When we’re you complete?
Interview Invited for the MD/MPH program today! LM ~ 77-78, complete late July.
Interview Invited for the MD/MPH program today! LM ~ 77-78, complete late July.
So cool! I indicated my interest in the MPH but wasn’t sure if they had a special interview for it.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
