You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Florida State University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did just that & they were super friendly to make the change. Thanks!I'd probably just send an email.
random question, where do most FSUMed students live in Tallahassee? I want to avoid the undergrad party areas, but not be too far from campus
Most M1s who aren't from the area live near campus off Call Street. I live at a complex that's walking distance from campus and wouldn't trade it for anything. Parking on campus can be a nightmare during busy hours. The rent is way cheaper than where I'm from (mid-sized city), it's relatively safe, and less "undergrad" crowed than other areas of campus (a lot of med and grad students in my building).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm really anxious to hear back from FSU (one of my top school choices!) and read that typically 300 applicants are interviewed each cycle. Does anyone have any insight to roughly how many have been done so far? 
So I'm really anxious to hear back from FSU (one of my top school choices!) and read that typically 300 applicants are interviewed each cycle. Does anyone have any insight to roughly how many have been done so far?![]()
Honestly I feel like ALL of the Florida threads have been so quiet this cycle.... Hopefully next week once decisions start coming out we'll see more movement
Hopefully soon, I'm thinking the hurricane may have messed with the timelineHonestly I feel like ALL of the Florida threads have been so quiet this cycle.... Hopefully next week once decisions start coming out we'll see more movement
Although it makes me feel better that everyone seems to be feeling the silence...helps reassure me it's the schools, not me 😛Honestly I feel like ALL of the Florida threads have been so quiet this cycle.... Hopefully next week once decisions start coming out we'll see more movement
Although it makes me feel better that everyone seems to be feeling the silence...helps reassure me it's the schools, not me 😛
Incredible how agonizing all this silence can be when we're only just now starting to enter the thick of the process
Have II been sent out to regular decision applicants yet? I have only seen early decision applicants with II so far on this forum...
@RockyVinyl @AGatorForever @Saxappeal1 (and anyone else that may be familiar with FSU) What apartments would you recommend/not recommend? Ideally, I would want to live closer to the medical school but I am unfamiliar with the area and certain apartment complex reputations. Thanks so much!!
Woodlands: expensive but nice, close to Publix, loud on weekends@RockyVinyl @AGatorForever @Saxappeal1 (and anyone else that may be familiar with FSU) What apartments would you recommend/not recommend? Ideally, I would want to live closer to the medical school but I am unfamiliar with the area and certain apartment complex reputations. Thanks so much!!
Aqua Club: cheaper but you get what you pay for, average noise, close to grocery stores and campus.
Tenn St: Affordable, decently nice, farther from campus tho.
Those are the ones I’m most familiar with but feel free to PM me if you have a specific one in mind.
Couldn't tell from emails if this school accepts updates, anyone attempted to send one?
@RockyVinyl @AGatorForever @Saxappeal1 (and anyone else that may be familiar with FSU) What apartments would you recommend/not recommend? Ideally, I would want to live closer to the medical school but I am unfamiliar with the area and certain apartment complex reputations. Thanks so much!!
Look at The Luxe or NXNW if you want an apartment that's within walking distance of the medical school. Don't live in college town tho, it's crazy expensive and really loud at night.
They do! You can send them to their admissions email address.Couldn't tell from emails if this school accepts updates, anyone attempted to send one?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it is extremely laid back - two 1 on 1 interviews in which you talk basically the whole time, as your interviewers will ask you questions about yourself and your experiences you've noted in your application. know your primary application and your experiences, and how to expand on it past what you wrote on the application. and be open, and humble.Any advice for interviewing here? Was it fairly laid back? Any details would be appreciated!
For those who have received interviews, how long was your app under review on the portal?
+1it is extremely laid back - two 1 on 1 interviews in which you talk basically the whole time, as your interviewers will ask you questions about yourself and your experiences you've noted in your application. know your primary application and your experiences, and how to expand on it past what you wrote on the application. and be open, and humble.
I've been under review since 8/21 & nothing 😕For those who have received interviews, how long was your app under review on the portal?
+1I've been under review since 8/21 & nothing 😕
They don't sent out rejections until March I think. Last year I was under review for literally the whole cycle.I've been under review since 8/21 & nothing 😕
They don't sent out rejections until March I think. Last year I was under review for literally the whole cycle.
+1
If I was under review starting 9/22, do you think that's too late to be considered?
+1
Been under review for similar amount of time
8
885100
Complete Late August and still nothing...
Yeah, I think they just got done with ED applicants. Florida schools are super behind in general, and FSU seems to (every year) be the most behind.
I didn't submit my secondary until December and had my interview in late April. Anything can happen 🙂
8
885100
Staying positive and hoping I receive an II
hey if you do not mind, what were your stats? I'm still waiting on FSU to get back to me.I didn't submit my secondary until December and had my interview in late April. Anything can happen 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
about 2 monthsFor those who have received interviews, how long was your app under review on the portal?
507, 3.8 science and overall, psych major, lots of work experience serving the community, reapplicant. Message me for specifics.hey if you do not mind, what were your stats? I'm still waiting on FSU to get back to me.
507, 3.8 science and overall, psych major, lots of work experience serving the community, reapplicant. Message me for specifics.
Hey is there anyway you could send me a message when you get a chance? I tried to send you one but for some reason, SDN keeps saying there is an error when I try to "start a conversation" with you.
Interviewed 10/23. I guess I should expect to hear back this Thursday or Friday, right?
Typically, you will get a response in 2 weeks, but may be longer or shorter. My guess is you won't hear back until at least next week.
If I was under review starting 9/22, do you think that's too late to be considered?
I wouldn't stress yourself out over the status of your application because it doesn't mean anything besides the fact that you know your application has been/is being looked at. You're on their list somewhere, and the only thing you can do now is think positively and play the waiting game. I believe FSUCOM really loves when people send updates and reaffirm their interest in the schools MISSION because they are very particular in the people they extend interviews to and look for people committed to the mission of the school. Highly recommend you do this every other month. You may not receive a response, but persistence is key. I sent in 2 updates last cycle when I was waiting and didn't get a response to any of them. Sent in a 3rd one, got a response, and an interview invite the next day.
I wouldn't stress yourself out over the status of your application because it doesn't mean anything besides the fact that you know your application has been/is being looked at. You're on their list somewhere, and the only thing you can do now is think positively and play the waiting game. I believe FSUCOM really loves when people send updates and reaffirm their interest in the schools MISSION because they are very particular in the people they extend interviews to and look for people committed to the mission of the school. Highly recommend you do this every other month. You may not receive a response, but persistence is key. I sent in 2 updates last cycle when I was waiting and didn't get a response to any of them. Sent in a 3rd one, got a response, and an interview invite the next day.
What would you recommend updating them on? Continuing my job, good grades in the fall, etc? Also Go Gators 😉
I interviewed then also and they made it seem like we would hear back this weekInterviewed 10/23. I guess I should expect to hear back this Thursday or Friday, right?
What would you recommend updating them on? Continuing my job, good grades in the fall, etc? Also Go Gators 😉
I just sent in updates regarding what I was doing during my year off. In my case, it was what I was doing in work and how that exposure/experience was making me more prepared for medical school. If you are taking classes, it wouldn't hurt to throw your grades in there as long as you show improvement and not regression. If you do include and show an upward trend, I would briefly mention how you managed to pull it off (i.e. shift in study habits, more motivation, etc.) I would try to tie in everything to why you are drawn to the school's mission and how you think you would be a good fit here. GO GATA
I interviewed then also and they made it seem like we would hear back this week
If they told you that, then you'll likely hear back on Friday. Good luck!
Just accepted! I can't wait to meet all of my fellow 2022 classmates! To all of the re-applicants out there, in the words of Kevin Garnett: "Anything is possible!"
Did you receive an email or a phone call?Just accepted! I can't wait to meet all of my fellow 2022 classmates! To all of the re-applicants out there, in the words of Kevin
Last edited:
I received an email from Dana Urrutia with a packet on the next steps in the process.Did you receive an email or a phone call?
No problem. Just sent one and fixed it. Anyone else is free to message me if you have any questions.Hey is there anyway you could send me a message when you get a chance? I tried to send you one but for some reason, SDN keeps saying there is an error when I try to "start a conversation" with you.
Last edited:
Just got my Interview Invite!
app was fully complete October 20th.
This is my first time ever interviewing at a medical school. would anybody like to share their experience at the FSU interview? Thanks so much.
app was fully complete October 20th.
This is my first time ever interviewing at a medical school. would anybody like to share their experience at the FSU interview? Thanks so much.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What were your stats like?? That's a crazy fast turnaround time right?Just got my Interview Invite!
app was fully complete October 20th.
This is my first time ever interviewing at a medical school. would anybody like to share their experience at the FSU interview? Thanks so much.
I wouldn't stress yourself out over the status of your application because it doesn't mean anything besides the fact that you know your application has been/is being looked at. You're on their list somewhere, and the only thing you can do now is think positively and play the waiting game. I believe FSUCOM really loves when people send updates and reaffirm their interest in the schools MISSION because they are very particular in the people they extend interviews to and look for people committed to the mission of the school. Highly recommend you do this every other month. You may not receive a response, but persistence is key. I sent in 2 updates last cycle when I was waiting and didn't get a response to any of them. Sent in a 3rd one, got a response, and an interview invite the next day.
How do you actually send the update? Is there a link within the secondary or do you just send it to the admission email?
admissions email. They're really responsive!How do you actually send the update? Is there a link within the secondary or do you just send it to the admission email?
Thank you 😀admissions email. They're really responsive!
8
885100
Any new II lately? What were your stats/complete date.