2017-2018 George Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning! Submitted July 6th :) Transfer student with LM around 72 I believe.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What does it mean if my application is "on hold for re-review"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone!!! What does your status say? Did you have the hold for re-review status beforehand?

I don't recall ever receiving a hold for re-review status. I checked the status on 7/17 and it still said under review. Although I only checked it once, so it very well could have been changed to hold for review and switched back to under review.

did anyone get interviews? my status says:
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March.

does this mean no interview???

did anyone get interviews? my status says:
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March.

does this mean no interview???

Let's try to decipher this cryptic code together.

"To date, no final decision has been made" --> they haven't made a decision yet
"has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date" --> they'll think about you later
"Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions" --> when will they think about you? who knows

Now, let's answer your original question:

"does this mean no interview???" --> maybe. maybe not.

Reactions: 6 users
I am having no luck with the George's :( Submitted both immediately and no II yet

Last edited:
Following this thread.

Congrats to those with IIs! Submitted secondary 7/13 and still waiting.

I am having no luck with the George's :( Submitted both immediately and no II
You mean they said no II or you're just waiting for either a rejection or an II? I'm still waiting :(

For the diversity question, what do we do if we havent had any crazy challenges? It seems weak to just force one in there

Submitted Monday of this week, interview invitation this morning! Really quick turnaround.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! and I have a LizzyM score of 66-67 so very average.
Your turn around time was so fast !!! Wow I submitted 7/10 and it still says my file is just complete lol

Thanks for sharing!
Does anyone think they

Does yours say "in progress" with the little red mark? Or is it a green check now
Where y'all seeing the red mark or green check. My thing currently states:
"
Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee works diligently to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be sometime until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal.
"
Complete on 7/19

Where y'all seeing the red mark or green check. My thing currently states:
"
Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee works diligently to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be sometime until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal.
"
Complete on 7/19
Oh woops! Yes they were right I thought this was Tulane! Sorry

So I have this:

Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.

I submitted a couple weeks ago. Fair to say I didn't impress the committee enough eh?

So I have this:

Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.

I submitted a couple weeks ago. Fair to say I didn't impress the committee enough eh?
Pretty much everyone has that status.

Reactions: 5 users
Hello, sorry to ask this, but is there anyone willing to read my secondary really quickly?

i submitted my application and their system glitched out in my essay when i used the "&" symbol it looked fine before I submitted and then on file it came up as "&" should i contact office of admissions about the typo. I feel like i look like an idiot either way.

i submitted my application and their system glitched out in my essay when i used the "&" symbol it looked fine before I submitted and then on file it came up as "&" should i contact office of admissions about the typo. I feel like i look like an idiot either way.

I doubt it's a big deal. Adcoms must deal with so many typos and missed words that an &amp instead of an & is probably the least of their worries!

For those that got IIs, when we go on the portal are we attaching the photo through the portal? Says I can only attach a photo as a .pdf

can anybody else not sign into the secondary? I use my email address as my username, and have gotten new passwords and it wont work +pissed+

Its not even like im getting an error, its just telling me my info is wrong. We use our email as our username, correct??

I think some of us had this issue before. I believe I clicked on "forgot password" or something of the like and then it reset everything. Let me know if that works for you.

Is anyone else having trouble sending updates through the application? I try to upload a PDF, but when I clicked submit, it gives me an error message and say "request contents type is not s..."

Finally got the "on hold for re-review" message at least there's some movement now haha :hungover:

For those that got IIs, when we go on the portal are we attaching the photo through the portal? Says I can only attach a photo as a .pdf

I made a word document with my name, AMCAS number and my photo and then saved it as a PDF and submitted it that way.

can anybody else not sign into the secondary? I use my email address as my username, and have gotten new passwords and it wont work +pissed+

I locked myself out by accident an dthe forget password function didn't work. Emailed them and they fixed it the next day by resetting my account for me.

so jealous of those with II's. GL guyss. Joining the re-review crowd. At least it wasn't a straight rejection, and they actually looked at my app and didn't throw it away lol.

so jealous of those with II's. GL guyss. Joining the re-review crowd. At least it wasn't a straight rejection, and they actually looked at my app and didn't throw it away lol.
What is re-review??