-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 George Washington University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What does it mean if my application is "on hold for re-review"?
Sorry, just figured out how this stream works and read all the great info already provided about this. Luck to everyone!What does it mean if my application is "on hold for re-review"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone!!! What does your status say? Did you have the hold for re-review status beforehand?
I don't recall ever receiving a hold for re-review status. I checked the status on 7/17 and it still said under review. Although I only checked it once, so it very well could have been changed to hold for review and switched back to under review.
did anyone get interviews? my status says:
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March.
does this mean no interview???
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March.
does this mean no interview???
did anyone get interviews? my status says:
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March.
does this mean no interview???
Let's try to decipher this cryptic code together.
"To date, no final decision has been made" --> they haven't made a decision yet
"has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date" --> they'll think about you later
"Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions" --> when will they think about you? who knows
Now, let's answer your original question:
"does this mean no interview???" --> maybe. maybe not.
I am having no luck with the George's 🙁 Submitted both immediately and no II yet
Last edited:
You mean they said no II or you're just waiting for either a rejection or an II? I'm still waiting 🙁I am having no luck with the George's 🙁 Submitted both immediately and no II
Just waiting for an AXE or an IIYou mean they said no II or you're just waiting for either a rejection or an II? I'm still waiting 🙁
For the diversity question, what do we do if we havent had any crazy challenges? It seems weak to just force one in there
Congrats!! If you dont mind sharing, what are your stats?Submitted Monday of this week, interview invitation this morning! Really quick turnaround.
Congrats!! If you dont mind sharing, what are your stats?
Thank you! and I have a LizzyM score of 66-67 so very average.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your turn around time was so fast !!! Wow I submitted 7/10 and it still says my file is just complete lolThank you! and I have a lizzym score of 66-67 so very average.
Thank you! and I have a lizzym score of 66-67 so very average.
Thanks for sharing!
Does anyone think they
Does yours say "in progress" with the little red mark? Or is it a green check nowYour turn around time was so fast !!! Wow I submitted 7/10 and it still says my file is just complete lol
Where y'all seeing the red mark or green check. My thing currently states:Thanks for sharing!
Does anyone think they
Does yours say "in progress" with the little red mark? Or is it a green check now
"
Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee works diligently to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be sometime until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal.
"
Complete on 7/19
.
Last edited:
Lololol alright cool, yeah i was really confused.I believe they are confusing GW with Tulane.
Haha yeah I have the same message as my statusI believe they are confusing GW with Tulane.
Oh woops! Yes they were right I thought this was Tulane! SorryWhere y'all seeing the red mark or green check. My thing currently states:
"
Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee works diligently to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be sometime until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal.
"
Complete on 7/19
So I have this:
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
I submitted a couple weeks ago. Fair to say I didn't impress the committee enough eh?
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
I submitted a couple weeks ago. Fair to say I didn't impress the committee enough eh?
Pretty much everyone has that status.So I have this:
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
I submitted a couple weeks ago. Fair to say I didn't impress the committee enough eh?
Hello, sorry to ask this, but is there anyone willing to read my secondary really quickly?
Hello, sorry to ask this, but is there anyone willing to read my secondary really quickly?
I can take a look at it 🙂
i submitted my application and their system glitched out in my essay when i used the "&" symbol it looked fine before I submitted and then on file it came up as "&" should i contact office of admissions about the typo. I feel like i look like an idiot either way.
i submitted my application and their system glitched out in my essay when i used the "&" symbol it looked fine before I submitted and then on file it came up as "&" should i contact office of admissions about the typo. I feel like i look like an idiot either way.
I doubt it's a big deal. Adcoms must deal with so many typos and missed words that an & instead of an & is probably the least of their worries!
Hello, sorry to ask this, but is there anyone willing to read my secondary really quickly?
If you need a quick editing service- try Brian at Gurufi: Admissions Essay Editing, Essay Review, Personal Statement Editing Gurus. He is great and works with you until you are 100% satisfied!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can anybody else not sign into the secondary? I use my email address as my username, and have gotten new passwords and it wont work 

can anybody else not sign into the secondary? I use my email address as my username, and have gotten new passwords and it wont work![]()
Everything is fine on this side
Everything is fine on this side
Its not even like im getting an error, its just telling me my info is wrong. We use our email as our username, correct??
Its not even like im getting an error, its just telling me my info is wrong. We use our email as our username, correct??
I think some of us had this issue before. I believe I clicked on "forgot password" or something of the like and then it reset everything. Let me know if that works for you.
Anyone else still that still hasn't received a secondary? 🙁
Anyone else still that still hasn't received a secondary? 🙁
Have you checked your spam folder?
me too, my friend 🙁Finally got the "on hold for re-review" message at least there's some movement now haha![]()
me too, my friend 🙁
When did you all submit?
7/10 I think, or 7/11When did you all submit?
For those that got IIs, when we go on the portal are we attaching the photo through the portal? Says I can only attach a photo as a .pdf
I made a word document with my name, AMCAS number and my photo and then saved it as a PDF and submitted it that way.
Hey, yes I did. No email from GW at all.Have you checked your spam folder?
7/13 for meWhen did you all submit?
can anybody else not sign into the secondary? I use my email address as my username, and have gotten new passwords and it wont work![]()
I locked myself out by accident an dthe forget password function didn't work. Emailed them and they fixed it the next day by resetting my account for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so jealous of those with II's. GL guyss. Joining the re-review crowd. At least it wasn't a straight rejection, and they actually looked at my app and didn't throw it away lol.
What is re-review??so jealous of those with II's. GL guyss. Joining the re-review crowd. At least it wasn't a straight rejection, and they actually looked at my app and didn't throw it away lol.
Basically a hold.What is re-review??
where does it say that on the app portal?Basically a hold.
I believe the green text under "application status" changes if you're on hold for re-review.where does it say that on the app portal?