-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Georgetown University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Are they receptive to ITA emails? Will be in DC this coming week coming from NYC (would be very late notice, I know)
Haven’t heard of it working yet. But you could try! It can’t hurt.
Rejected 10 mins ago. Complete 9/8. Congrats to all accepted / good luck to those still in the running!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it better to send update letters pre II or to wait until a possible II here and talk about the things I've been up to since sending my primary in my interview?
Is it better to send update letters pre II or to wait until a possible II here and talk about the things I've been up to since sending my primary in my interview?
I would send it now, so long as it is a meaningful update. A good update can only help your chances, as it may get you noticed and it will show continued interest in the school. You can still talk about them in an interview if you get invited. Leaving it up to chance to talk about in the case that you MIGHT get an interview is a risky, low-reward move to make. If you end up not sending the update and then don't get an interview, you'll probably wish you had sent it.
Accepted 12/14, interviewed 10/25. 509 MCAT, 3.98cGPA. Definitely my top choice of med school so im SUPER hype. Anyone have input on how to gain some scholarship here so I can (somewhat) afford to matriculate?
Last edited:
Just got the "thanks, but no thanks". First R of the season. Pre-II. Complete 9/16. Congrats to everyone accepted, and best wishes to those still in the race.
Not going to DC because I Just got big bloody R, my 10th of the cycle. Completed mid-September, LM 70. Good luck all. The stone which GW rejected will become a corner stone.
Last edited:
Just got the axe this morning.
Sorry to hear that. When were you complete?Just got the axe this morning.
Sorry to hear that. When were you complete?
early oct
Has anyone heard back who interviewed on October 30th? The anticipation is killing me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As far as I’m aware this year they do not. But I could be wrong... I hope I’m not wrong...anyone know if georgetown uses prioritized waitlists?
II just now, complete 10/5. 8 interview dates open in January
Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back from Georgetown. MCAT 516, GPA 3.68, complete 10/9. Thoughts?
Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back from Georgetown. MCAT 516, GPA 3.68, complete 10/9. Thoughts?
I have no idea how this process works. My stats are similar to yours, you have a better MCAT. For the secondary, I wrote about relevant life experiences that align with Georgetown's mission. With 8 interview days left, I'm sure more people will hear from them soon.
Probably premature... but has anyone on the waitlist had any movement yet? Lol
Edit: FYI I looked and first WL movement was early March last years so... I’ll chill lol. Merry Christmas and happy holidays y’all 😛
Edit: FYI I looked and first WL movement was early March last years so... I’ll chill lol. Merry Christmas and happy holidays y’all 😛
Last edited:
I'm also trying to be patient in waiting to get in off the waitlist!!! Very difficult to do haha. Good luck to you 🙂Probably premature... but has anyone on the waitlist had any movement yet? Lol
Edit: FYI I looked and first WL movement was early March last years so... I’ll chill lol. Merry Christmas and happy holidays y’all 😛
Good luck to you, too!I'm also trying to be patient in waiting to get in off the waitlist!!! Very difficult to do haha. Good luck to you 🙂
Accepted just now!
Ayyyyyy congrats when did you interview?
First week novAyyyyyy congrats when did you interview?
Interviewed first week of November too and got the call yesterday. Gonna be a Hoya next fall 🙂 better yet, I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR! Never thought I'd be posting such great news, esp before the new year. Int'l non-permanent residents, its totally possible. May the odds be forever in your favor
Accepted yesterday and interviewed end of October!
I remembered 8 to 10 weeks being mentioned at the interview. My phone call came at about ~7 weeks, probs because of the holidays.How long does Georgetown take to reject people or make some sort of decision? Been “under review” for monthssss
I assumed they meant pre-II. If that’s the case, no one knows how long it could be. They do reject liberally though so if you haven’t been rejected that’s a good sign.I remembered 8 to 10 weeks being mentioned at the interview. My phone call came at about ~7 weeks, probs because of the holidays.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don't mind me asking the complete date?
Ah. I'd I had to guess, July with an interview in November
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
Hello all! This whole cycle I have been stalking SDN without contributing, and I feel guilty. I am updating all school threads that I have heard from so everyone can get some more data!
Interviewed 09/21, WL in mid-October. Sorry I am so late on this one.
LizzyM: 71.5, OOS. Let me know if you want to know more.
Interviewed 09/21, WL in mid-October. Sorry I am so late on this one.
LizzyM: 71.5, OOS. Let me know if you want to know more.
Any idea when those who interviewed in early December will hear back? I remember being told January, but can't remember if they specified when.
What dates were available?II just now! Completed 9/21. LizzyM: 73.1.
Congrats btw
Has anyone heard back from the MD/PhD program?
The dates were all this month: 1/17, 18, 23-25, & 30 -31What dates were available?
Congrats btw
Any of my 11/14 interview peeps out there? Anybody heard back?
Has anyone heard back from the MD/PhD program?
Just recieved a II for Georgetown MD/PhD today! Completed 8/22, LizzyM: ~72.
Hello! About to have my interview at Georgetown. I was wondering whether there are two standard interviews (one faculty and one student) or is it just 1 interview with either a faculty or student? I really hope I get a faculty member if its the latter. Thanks!
1 with one or the other. Good luck!Hello! About to have my interview at Georgetown. I was wondering whether there are two standard interviews (one faculty and one student) or is it just 1 interview with either a faculty or student? I really hope I get a faculty member if its the latter. Thanks!
I interviewed on 11/14 and the admissions office told me we should hear back around Jan 15thAny of my 11/14 interview peeps out there? Anybody heard back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thoughts on sending a letter of intent before receiving a decision post-II? I really liked it here.
Go for it if you really love it. 🙂 good luck!
Thanks for the input!Go for it if you really love it. 🙂 good luck!
Anyone else agree or disagree with this course of action? Has anyone done this that can speak to its benefit?
Last edited:
I sent an update letter/interest (not intent) pre-decision. I got waitlisted, but at a school like gtown I can’t imagine it will hurt.Thanks for the input!
Anyone else agree or disagree with this course of action? Has anyone done this that can speak to its benefit?
got an R as well, good luck the rest of the cycle!Rejected Complete late September LM 71
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K