2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed early December and anxiously waiting for my inevitable WL email

Same...today marks 9 weeks for me. This wait is agonizing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking? Congratulations!
Thank you! I interviewed on 11/29.
And just incase anyone was wondering, I sent 3 thank you notes immediately after my interview and an update 2 weeks ago (nothing major new T.A position and volunteering).

Does Georgetown reject anyone post interview or basically waitlist everyone that they don't accept ?

Does Georgetown reject anyone post interview or basically waitlist everyone that they don't accept ?
I think the common thinking is that 20 get rejected, 20 accepted and 40 waitlisted in each batch of 80.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected. Interviewed mid-december. I'm absolutely crushed, confused, and heartbroken.

My interviewer said nothing but glowing things about me, frequently mentioning how I would be an excellent fit here along with other highly encouraging comments that suggested to me that the interview went as good as it can go. But after all that, I couldn't even manage to place into the waitlist category. This definitely makes me question if theres a red flag in my app that sank me. Really wish I could ask for feedback. Oh well, time to prepare for reapplication.

Rejected. Interviewed mid-december. I'm absolutely crushed, confused, and heartbroken.

My interviewer said nothing but glowing things about me, frequently mentioning how I would be an excellent fit here along with other highly encouraging comments that suggested to me that the interview went as good as it can go. But after all that, I couldn't even manage to place into the waitlist category. This definitely makes me question if theres a red flag in my app that sank me. Really wish I could ask for feedback. Oh well, time to prepare for reapplication.

Your LizzyM seems pretty high, what makes you think you had red flags in your application? Also, how many schools did you apply to?

Your LizzyM seems pretty high, what makes you think you had red flags in your application? Also, how many schools did you apply to?
What makes me think I have red flags is the fact that I had a stellar interview and then ended up with a post-II rejection. The interview portion of the admissions decision was more than likely positive, so when evaluated on my merits (ECs, LORs, essays, etc.), something there did me in. I've heard it's highly unlikely to have had a bad LOR if you're receiving interviews, but the idea is still floating around in my mind. Maybe I didn't convey great fit with the mission statement or willingness to attend if accepted? God knows I would've attended in a heartbeat though. PM me if you want to know about where I applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
What makes me think I have red flags is the fact that I had a stellar interview and then ended up with a post-II rejection. The interview portion of the admissions decision was more than likely positive, so when evaluated on my merits (ECs, LORs, essays, etc.), something there did me in. I've heard it's highly unlikely to have had a bad LOR if you're receiving interviews, but the idea is still floating around in my mind. Maybe I didn't convey great fit with the mission statement or willingness to attend if accepted? God knows I would've attended in a heartbeat though. PM me if you want to know about where I applied.
I think applicants with red flags in their applications don't end up with any interviews, it looks like you ended up with three which is a pretty good number!

Reactions: 1 users
I think applicants with red flags in their applications don't end up with any interviews, it looks like you ended up with three which is a pretty good number!
Thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate the positivity :happy:

Accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
This may be a stupid question...but if I accept the admissions offer here is it binding? Or can I still wait to hear back from other schools?

This may be a stupid question...but if I accept the admissions offer here is it binding? Or can I still wait to hear back from other schools?
I believe (not 100 percent sure!) that you can hold multiple acceptances until end of April!

Congrats!! If you don't mind my asking, what type of updates did you have/were they major ones?
I heard they liked love letters so I just told them random insignificant stuff and tied it to their mission tbh

I heard they liked love letters so I just told them random insignificant stuff and tied it to their mission tbh

"I have a birthmark on my left toe, so I think that all people should be loved and cared for by physician healers #cura #personalis"

(I'm trolling but congrats that's awesome!)

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if there is a facebook page for accepted students? Searched this thread but couldn't find it. Thanks!

So... Georgetown is one of my choices. Actually, it's my top choice. But I do have some much more affordable options, so I'm feeling a little torn.

Does anyone have info on what happens on second look day? Is it worth going to? ...and when is it??

Did we ever figure out the answer to this question? I'm waitlisted here but I'm (optimistically) trying to plan second look days. Thanks!

Did we ever figure out the answer to this question? I'm waitlisted here but I'm (optimistically) trying to plan second look days. Thanks!
Also waitlisted, also trying to find out the date of second look day! I’ve searched all over the website and from past years it seems like April. Not too helpful, I know. Side note: are you from Chicago (Go Bears)?

Also waitlisted, also trying to find out the date of second look day! I’ve searched all over the website and from past years it seems like April. Not too helpful, I know. Side note: are you from Chicago (Go Bears)?

May I ask when you interviewed? Thank you!

Thanks! It does make me feel better to know I'm not the only waitlister that's trying to figure it out.

And no, Cal Bears but I generally take the stance that all bears should go. Go every bear.

Also, I interviewed 10/3

Reactions: 1 users

From the pre-matriculation tab:

Thursday, April 5th
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Georgetown University School of Medicine! Applicants who receive offers of admission are invited to take a Second Look at the School of Medicine on Thursday, April 5th, 2018.

Cost:

Accepted Applicants - Free

Guests (up to 3) - $25 per person (no refunds will be given)

**Schedule information coming--stay tuned!

***To make an appointment to meet with our Financial Aid Office during Second Look Day, please send an email to [email protected]

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks! It does make me feel better to know I'm not the only waitlister that's trying to figure it out.

And no, Cal Bears but I generally take the stance that all bears should go. Go every bear.

Also, I interviewed 10/3
I am on the waitlist and was wondering as well!
From the pre-matriculation tab:

Thursday, April 5th
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Georgetown University School of Medicine! Applicants who receive offers of admission are invited to take a Second Look at the School of Medicine on Thursday, April 5th, 2018.

Cost:

Accepted Applicants - Free

Guests (up to 3) - $25 per person (no refunds will be given)

**Schedule information coming--stay tuned!

***To make an appointment to meet with our Financial Aid Office during Second Look Day, please send an email to [email protected]

Wow that sounds fun and exclusive. You need a +1?

Sorry to write in this but I was wondering if any first year Georgetown students could speak on the new syllabus? For those of us who r waitlisted and may not get a chance to go to second look?

What is your mcat score? And EC’s?

MCAT 515. I had a lot of EC's that demonstrate a commitment to social justice. Probably the biggest one was that I was a Jesuit novice at one point.

Anyone with subsection less than 125 get accepted? Website says <125 is “non competitive” and I’ve heard of <125 apps with interviews here but all were waitlisted

Anyone with subsection less than 125 get accepted? Website says <125 is “non competitive” and I’ve heard of <125 apps with interviews here but all were waitlisted
I got accepted with a 124 on CARS.

Any Jan interviewers hear back yet? I think I remember one of presenters mention we would hear back in Feb (and yes, I know there is another week left in this month haha)

IA late December WL yesterday, doubt I'll play the update game.

Interviewed 1/11, put on the waitlist yesterday

I got off the waitlist two weeks ago, so it should be moving? Probably?