2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know where we would send additional letters of recommendation if we are waitlisted - to the admissions email or through AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
for WL candidates who were waitlisted later on in the cycle- do you think that we should provide more updates than the suggested 1 a month?

Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you!

Thank you kind soul
giphy.gif

I also have a question for accepted students: Does anyone know if there is a deadline for accepting your financial aid package?

Question for accepted students: have any of you received the email for the background check? and if you have how long did it take from acceptance?

Everyone with an acceptance or a waitlist should get it. I got it in Jan after a fall acceptance.

What's the word people? Any movement yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Any updates today? So weird since there was so much movement May 2 last year

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s crazy to me that no one had heard anything. I called and asked them if the waitlist had movement and they said yes but couldn’t specify .

It’s crazy to me that no one had heard anything. I called and asked them if the waitlist had movement and they said yes but couldn’t specify .

Movement since May... or just movement in general? Or unspecified? Because a handful of people have posted here about getting off the WL...just nothing since May started.

Movement since May... or just movement in general? Or unspecified? Because a handful of people have posted here about getting off the WL...just nothing since May started.
Yah sorry that’s what I mean by unspecified. She made it seem like she was referring to general waitlist movement but she “was not allowed” to tell me.

But also have heard there was a huge aamc conference in Florida through May 1st that is slowing this all down right now. I think a lot of schools are behind in post traffic day waitlist movement.

Reactions: 1 users
But also have heard there was a huge aamc conference in Florida through May 1st that is slowing this all down right now. I think a lot of schools are behind in post traffic day waitlist movement.
Dear God I am dying

SAME. I'm glad other people are freaking out about this as much as I am lol

I am also WL at Miami and on that thread someone said that during second look Day the admissions officer stated that this year they have seen more multiple acceptances than any year before. They said it’s like that nationwide. Which means there will be a lot of waitlist spots opening.

Reactions: 4 users
Can I get one of them waitlist acceptances?

tenor.gif

Office said 15 students from their special master's program were admitted on 5/2 and they waitlisted another 40-50. They review bi-weekly and I don't think GUSOM requires a deposit, so lots of people are holding onto their acceptance here. Hoping for some movement in the next month and a half. Good luck everyone!

Office said 15 students from their special master's program were admitted on 5/2 and they waitlisted another 40-50. They review bi-weekly and I don't think GUSOM requires a deposit, so lots of people are holding onto their acceptance here. Hoping for some movement in the next month and a half. Good luck everyone!
So are regular (non-SMP) applicants below on the waitlist with respect to the GU SMPs?

I thought you can’t hold more than 1 spot after April 30th?

I am also WL at Miami and on that thread someone said that during second look Day the admissions officer stated that this year they have seen more multiple acceptances than any year before. They said it’s like that nationwide. Which means there will be a lot of waitlist spots opening.

I guess the conference in Orlando is delaying things then haha. Thank you for the information :)

Called admissions and they said no we are all the same whether smp or not.
ok was just wondering cause they took a good bit of peeps from SMP list, and it doesn't seem like there was movement this week with people on this thread. thanks for checking tho!

The SMP students accepted recently were not off the waitlist. In general the SMP students interviewed late after normal interview days ended. It’s just how Georgetown times it specifically for their SMP students.

Just saw someone posted about getting off Georgetown’s waitlist yesterday in the WL support group thread.

This leads me to think the WL is moving, but the actively-posting SDN population is probably not seeing any movement...which has been my concern since May 2nd

How did they accept 15 special masters program kids after traffic day not from the wait list...?

If you receive an acceptance at another medical school, but you are waitlisted at Georgetown University, can you complete the matriculation form at the other school, and yet still receive an acceptance off the waitlist from Georgetown University?

If you receive an acceptance at another medical school, but you are waitlisted at Georgetown University, can you complete the matriculation form at the other school, and yet still receive an acceptance off the waitlist from Georgetown University?

Yes, but you might lose your deposit at the school you initially matriculated.

Well I just submitted my fifth and final update. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions since being waitlisted almost seven months ago. Praying for that phone call.

Well I just submitted my fifth and final update. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions since being waitlisted almost seven months ago. Praying for that phone call.

I sent in 4 and I don’t wanna send the 5th until later just cause I won’t be able to send in more. Ugh it’s so frustrating I just want to get that acceptance!!!!

I sent in 4 and I don’t wanna send the 5th until later just cause I won’t be able to send in more. Ugh it’s so frustrating I just want to get that acceptance!!!!
It's so hard to be "judicious" (as they put it) with your updates, I couldn't hold out anymore

Do y'all think that email means the class is full?
No I don't think it means that at all. I believe they simply want to know who is still interested in pursuing a medical school at GUSOM. They probably do not want to extend an offer to someone who has no intention of matriculating.

No I don't think it means that at all. I believe they simply want to know who is still interested in pursuing a medical school at GUSOM. They probably do not want to extend an offer to someone who has no intention of matriculating.
I agree and think that means they are most likely not offering a mass amount of spots til next week.

I agree and think that means they are most likely not offering a mass amount of spots til next week.

I will choose to not read the "not so" in your username, and also believe that you saw what was going to happen with the time stone lol

Do y'all think that email means the class is full?

It looks like they sent out a similar/identical email at the end of April last year - and they had movement at the beginning of May, ~2 weeks later. Though, I feel like this kind of email is just SOP.

More notably, going by last year, there was a wave of acceptances on May 11th, the 2nd Thursday in May...so maybe there is good news yet to come.

So does anyone know if there has been significant movement already this month as there was on May 2nd of last year? I am trying to figure out if that initial wave of waitlist acceptances has already passed this month (since I didn't see any posts on this thread last week) or if it is delayed due to that AAMC conference. Hopefully the latter but would love to know

So does anyone know if there has been significant movement already this month as there was on May 2nd of last year? I am trying to figure out if that initial wave of waitlist acceptances has already passed this month (since I didn't see any posts on this thread last week) or if it is delayed due to that AAMC conference. Hopefully the latter but would love to know
I don’t think anyone knows for sure but from speaking with them I am under the impression that the big post traffic day waitlist movement has not happened. When I spoke to the admissions office that told me that it will take some time for post traffic day acceptances to go out. I think unlike last year the conference this year delayed the process for a little. A lot of other schools were quiet the first week as well and now waitlists around the US are starting to move

Holy Moly was there ever a lot of waitlist activity since Friday!
To start, there was a boatload at Vandy, UCSF, Davis, Morehouse and Irvine.
There was also movement at NW, Hofstra, MI St., MN, Wayne, FAU, Columbia, NYU, UCR, GW, SUNY Brooklyn, Temple, UCLA, VCU, Rutgers, Hawaii, Penn St. and Northstate.
For reference from yesterday

Just now, I also received another “WL interest email” from a different school I’m WLed at...asking applicants that want to withdraw to reply, just as GUSoM’s email this morning did.

The other school’s email very explicitly stated that a lot of applicants on their WL are holding multiple acceptances (which is why they’re asking them to withdraw lol), so this would seem to support that WL movement has been slow for everyone.

But I’ll say it was pretty darn tilting to get 2 emails, on the same day, about waitlist interest :eyebrow::beat:

Did you not receive one? Maybe they come in waves.

I didn't. Definitely was (am?) on the WL, but I never submitted any LOIs because I wasn't that interested haha. Maybe they saw through me since I wasn't playing their game.