You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Georgetown University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just wanted to follow-up on this!Does anyone have a rough idea of how much of the GU class matriculates from the waitlist?
When I called them, they told me that it had to go through AMCAS.
Does anyone know where we would send additional letters of recommendation if we are waitlisted - to the admissions email or through AMCAS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for WL candidates who were waitlisted later on in the cycle- do you think that we should provide more updates than the suggested 1 a month?
Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you!
Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you!
Thank you kind soul
Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you!
you're an angel 😍 <3
anyone hear back this week?
Question for accepted students: have any of you received the email for the background check? and if you have how long did it take from acceptance?
Everyone with an acceptance or a waitlist should get it. I got it in Jan after a fall acceptance.
I've been refreshing this thread an unhealthy amount the last 36 hours hoping to see something and/or be the one posting something.What's the word people? Any movement yet?
^ RTI've been refreshing this thread an unhealthy amount the last 36 hours hoping to see something and/or be the one posting something.
It’s crazy to me that no one had heard anything. I called and asked them if the waitlist had movement and they said yes but couldn’t specify .
It’s crazy to me that no one had heard anything. I called and asked them if the waitlist had movement and they said yes but couldn’t specify .
Movement since May... or just movement in general? Or unspecified? Because a handful of people have posted here about getting off the WL...just nothing since May started.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yah sorry that’s what I mean by unspecified. She made it seem like she was referring to general waitlist movement but she “was not allowed” to tell me.Movement since May... or just movement in general? Or unspecified? Because a handful of people have posted here about getting off the WL...just nothing since May started.
But also have heard there was a huge aamc conference in Florida through May 1st that is slowing this all down right now. I think a lot of schools are behind in post traffic day waitlist movement.Movement since May... or just movement in general? Or unspecified? Because a handful of people have posted here about getting off the WL...just nothing since May started.
Dear God I am dyingBut also have heard there was a huge aamc conference in Florida through May 1st that is slowing this all down right now. I think a lot of schools are behind in post traffic day waitlist movement.
SAME. I'm glad other people are freaking out about this as much as I am lol
I am also WL at Miami and on that thread someone said that during second look Day the admissions officer stated that this year they have seen more multiple acceptances than any year before. They said it’s like that nationwide. Which means there will be a lot of waitlist spots opening.
Office said 15 students from their special master's program were admitted on 5/2 and they waitlisted another 40-50. They review bi-weekly and I don't think GUSOM requires a deposit, so lots of people are holding onto their acceptance here. Hoping for some movement in the next month and a half. Good luck everyone!
So are regular (non-SMP) applicants below on the waitlist with respect to the GU SMPs?Office said 15 students from their special master's program were admitted on 5/2 and they waitlisted another 40-50. They review bi-weekly and I don't think GUSOM requires a deposit, so lots of people are holding onto their acceptance here. Hoping for some movement in the next month and a half. Good luck everyone!
I thought you can’t hold more than 1 spot after April 30th?Office said 15 students from their special master's program were admitted on 5/2 and they waitlisted another 40-50. They review bi-weekly and I don't think GUSOM requires a deposit, so lots of people are holding onto their acceptance here. Hoping for some movement in the next month and a half. Good luck everyone!
Called admissions and they said no we are all the same whether smp or not.So are regular (non-SMP) applicants below on the waitlist with respect to the GU SMPs?
I am also WL at Miami and on that thread someone said that during second look Day the admissions officer stated that this year they have seen more multiple acceptances than any year before. They said it’s like that nationwide. Which means there will be a lot of waitlist spots opening.
I guess the conference in Orlando is delaying things then haha. Thank you for the information 🙂
ok was just wondering cause they took a good bit of peeps from SMP list, and it doesn't seem like there was movement this week with people on this thread. thanks for checking tho!Called admissions and they said no we are all the same whether smp or not.
Just saw someone posted about getting off Georgetown’s waitlist yesterday in the WL support group thread.
This leads me to think the WL is moving, but the actively-posting SDN population is probably not seeing any movement...which has been my concern since May 2nd
This leads me to think the WL is moving, but the actively-posting SDN population is probably not seeing any movement...which has been my concern since May 2nd
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you receive an acceptance at another medical school, but you are waitlisted at Georgetown University, can you complete the matriculation form at the other school, and yet still receive an acceptance off the waitlist from Georgetown University?
If you receive an acceptance at another medical school, but you are waitlisted at Georgetown University, can you complete the matriculation form at the other school, and yet still receive an acceptance off the waitlist from Georgetown University?
Yes, but you might lose your deposit at the school you initially matriculated.
Well I just submitted my fifth and final update. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions since being waitlisted almost seven months ago. Praying for that phone call.
Well I just submitted my fifth and final update. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions since being waitlisted almost seven months ago. Praying for that phone call.
I sent in 4 and I don’t wanna send the 5th until later just cause I won’t be able to send in more. Ugh it’s so frustrating I just want to get that acceptance!!!!
It's so hard to be "judicious" (as they put it) with your updates, I couldn't hold out anymoreI sent in 4 and I don’t wanna send the 5th until later just cause I won’t be able to send in more. Ugh it’s so frustrating I just want to get that acceptance!!!!
Do y'all think that email means the class is full?
No I don't think it means that at all. I believe they simply want to know who is still interested in pursuing a medical school at GUSOM. They probably do not want to extend an offer to someone who has no intention of matriculating.Do y'all think that email means the class is full?
I agree and think that means they are most likely not offering a mass amount of spots til next week.No I don't think it means that at all. I believe they simply want to know who is still interested in pursuing a medical school at GUSOM. They probably do not want to extend an offer to someone who has no intention of matriculating.
I like this answer, and it's what I'll choose to believeI agree and think that means they are most likely not offering a mass amount of spots til next week.
I agree and think that means they are most likely not offering a mass amount of spots til next week.
I will choose to not read the "not so" in your username, and also believe that you saw what was going to happen with the time stone lol
Do y'all think that email means the class is full?
It looks like they sent out a similar/identical email at the end of April last year - and they had movement at the beginning of May, ~2 weeks later. Though, I feel like this kind of email is just SOP.
More notably, going by last year, there was a wave of acceptances on May 11th, the 2nd Thursday in May...so maybe there is good news yet to come.
So does anyone know if there has been significant movement already this month as there was on May 2nd of last year? I am trying to figure out if that initial wave of waitlist acceptances has already passed this month (since I didn't see any posts on this thread last week) or if it is delayed due to that AAMC conference. Hopefully the latter but would love to know
I don’t think anyone knows for sure but from speaking with them I am under the impression that the big post traffic day waitlist movement has not happened. When I spoke to the admissions office that told me that it will take some time for post traffic day acceptances to go out. I think unlike last year the conference this year delayed the process for a little. A lot of other schools were quiet the first week as well and now waitlists around the US are starting to moveSo does anyone know if there has been significant movement already this month as there was on May 2nd of last year? I am trying to figure out if that initial wave of waitlist acceptances has already passed this month (since I didn't see any posts on this thread last week) or if it is delayed due to that AAMC conference. Hopefully the latter but would love to know
For reference from yesterdayHoly Moly was there ever a lot of waitlist activity since Friday!
To start, there was a boatload at Vandy, UCSF, Davis, Morehouse and Irvine.
There was also movement at NW, Hofstra, MI St., MN, Wayne, FAU, Columbia, NYU, UCR, GW, SUNY Brooklyn, Temple, UCLA, VCU, Rutgers, Hawaii, Penn St. and Northstate.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New acceptances from Columbia, Harvard, Mayo and UCI appeared today.
For reference for today. Time for trickle down acceptances
Just now, I also received another “WL interest email” from a different school I’m WLed at...asking applicants that want to withdraw to reply, just as GUSoM’s email this morning did.
The other school’s email very explicitly stated that a lot of applicants on their WL are holding multiple acceptances (which is why they’re asking them to withdraw lol), so this would seem to support that WL movement has been slow for everyone.
But I’ll say it was pretty darn tilting to get 2 emails, on the same day, about waitlist interest

The other school’s email very explicitly stated that a lot of applicants on their WL are holding multiple acceptances (which is why they’re asking them to withdraw lol), so this would seem to support that WL movement has been slow for everyone.
But I’ll say it was pretty darn tilting to get 2 emails, on the same day, about waitlist interest


Ummm did anyone not get that email? Lol.
Did you not receive one? Maybe they come in waves.Ummm did anyone not get that email? Lol.
Did you not receive one? Maybe they come in waves.
I didn't. Definitely was (am?) on the WL, but I never submitted any LOIs because I wasn't that interested haha. Maybe they saw through me since I wasn't playing their game.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K