2017-2018 Georgetown University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Good luck everyone! Current 4th year ortho resident here and Georgetown Medicine Alum. Contact with questions. Happy to help out any way that I can. Its a long road but def worth it in the end! Also, I answer alot of commonly asked questions via my channel at www.youtube.com/antoniowebbmd. Check it out!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, this is probably a stupid question but I wanted to make sure where exactly to show up at Georgetown on interview day? I know there is the Medical School Building (the yellow pin on the map they gave us) but where is the applicant lounge.. Could someone who has already interviewed let me know? Thank you!!!
Not a stupid question at all -- all of the other interviewers also mentioned how the specific building name wasn't mentioned! It's the Med-Dent building.
 
LOL

I really wanted to lighten the mood and choose the yoga ball, but I was wearing a skirt and didn't want to have some awkward mishap.... So I chose the office chair (the same kind he was in).

I think right answer is the middle wooden chair. From his POV, maybe: You’re not a doc yet, so you don’t get a fancy chair. But you’re here for a serious interview, better not choose the ball. The goldilocks chair is in the middle
 
I think right answer is the middle wooden chair. From his POV, maybe: You’re not a doc yet, so you don’t get a fancy chair. But you’re here for a serious interview, better not choose the ball. The goldilocks chair is in the middle
I’m almost positive there was no right answer and it was just a joke. He probably watched Indiana Jones and the holy grail the night before and was too into the ‘choose your cup’ scene or something.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected earlier today pre-II. Complete around late August. Unsurprised b/c TX resident but did have a Jesuit connection
 
So... Georgetown is one of my choices. Actually, it's my top choice. But I do have some much more affordable options, so I'm feeling a little torn.

Does anyone have info on what happens on second look day? Is it worth going to? ...and when is it??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+3 :arghh:. But if I'm being totally honest I sort of expected it; my MCAT expired last year forcing me to be a reapplicant (only discovered ineligibility last year post-app) and I basically copied and pasted my old secondary essay :shrug:...

Best of luck to the rest of you -- definitely sad about missing that famous interview steak lunch.😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how often the committee meets? Also is there a strict deadline on submitting thank you letters? Kind of silly, but I am a bit worried as I submitted my letter a week and a half after my interview rather than within the first week.
 
Are they receptive to ITA emails? Will be in DC this coming week coming from NYC (would be very late notice, I know)
 
Does anyone know how often the committee meets? Also is there a strict deadline on submitting thank you letters? Kind of silly, but I am a bit worried as I submitted my letter a week and a half after my interview rather than within the first week.

Hi! I sent in my thank you letter almost 2.5 weeks later. However, it did not negatively affect my admissions decision. Do not worry!