2017-2018 Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! :) When were you complete and stats?

Complete the day they sent the secondaries, interview October 10. LizzyM 64-68

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!

Reactions: 9 users
LizzyM: 62.1 Complete: 8/23/17 (An hour after they sent me the secondary)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone accepted please share your stats...non LizzyM...pleaaassee

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they accept update letters? If so, do you email them or postal mail? Silence since august... hoping for an interview.

Just submitted secondary!

Approx how long did it take you guys to receive interview/rejection?

I was just able to get the app fee together (Howard doesn't accept FAP waivers).
I just submitted mine this week too...but they interview until like March, and with them interviewing so late, they're still looking at applications recently submitted, not just early apps...so we in the same boat

Reactions: 1 user
Hoping some more IIs go out this week

Got an II today! My heart was racing... I am Sooooo overjoyed!

Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know who the acceptance letter should be addressed to? Office of admissions or Office of the dean of student affairs?

I know Howard accepts mainly minorities but they also accept few whites who are socio-eco disadvantaged. Any whites/disadvantaged receive II?

Got an II today! My heart was racing... I am Sooooo overjoyed!
did they email you? If so what did the heading say? Just wondering in case I ever get one, what to look out for.

did they email you? If so what did the heading say? Just wondering in case I ever get one, what to look out for.
They emailed me and the subject line read “INTERVIEW INVITE FROM HUCM” trust me it’ll catch your attention lol

Reactions: 5 users
Spoke to admssions yesterday, they said that they are continuing to send out IIs up until March (last interviews will be held in April). I asked her if more IIs will go out next month or if they are full for December and she said she cannot comment on the “frequency” of IIs but reiterated that they will be sending them out throuh March. She also said rejection letters pre-II will be sent in March & rejection letters post-II can be sent at any point after the interview. She reiterated that the people who have already received an II were those who met their “average” stats which she specified was “500 mcat.” So to those who are still waiting (like myself) perhaps our time will be coming soon! I’m in the 495-498 range for MCAT so this is likely why I was not in the first few waves for IIs. Just figured I’d share this with you all! Good luck to everyone!

Spoke to admssions yesterday, they said that they are continuing to send out IIs up until March (last interviews will be held in April). I asked her if more IIs will go out next month or if they are full for December and she said she cannot comment on the “frequency” of IIs but reiterated that they will be sending them out throuh March. She also said rejection letters pre-II will be sent in March & rejection letters post-II can be sent at any point after the interview. She reiterated that the people who have already received an II were those who met their “average” stats which she specified was “500 mcat.” So to those who are still waiting (like myself) perhaps our time will be coming soon! I’m in the 495-498 range for MCAT so this is likely why I was not in the first few waves for IIs. Just figured I’d share this with you all! Good luck to everyone!
Wow, thank you so much for this detail and for calling!

Reactions: 2 users
Aghh thank you! Im right above the 500 range and havent heard anything! Hopefully something will come sooooon

Reactions: 4 users
I called yesterday and admissions told me that they do accept update letters.

Aghh thank you! Im right above the 500 range and havent heard anything! Hopefully something will come sooooon
I'm below 500 and just submitted my app last week, so I know I'll be waiting awhile. You just never know with this stuff, whether you're in the range of acceptance or right below, who will be granted an interview....big waiting game

you guys think it's too late to submit a secondary?

If your stats aren’t high I would say yes; theres people that have been completed snce August and still havent heard back yet

If you have the secondary, you might as well complete it. If you don’t do the secondary you have zero chance of getting in. Completing the secondary will atleast give you a better chance than zero.

I highly Recommended doing this (with any school)... and following up every two months.
What would you suggest saying every two months? I would expect to run out of things to say lol

What would you suggest saying every two months? I would expect to run out of things to say lol

Lol true! Are you involved in any meaningful/valuable academic (coursework) or clinical experiences right now? Anything you think will make you a more unique and competitive applicant. If a school allows updates, your goal is to show a continued interest in their school and show a continued dedication of pursuing medical school by staying involved in relevant experiences throughout this application cycle.. just my opinion from talking with friends who’ve gotten accepted. Message me and I can Share with you what I’ve sent to schools :)