2017-2018 Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
submitted secondary 9/13 and haven't heard anything since. Do you guys believe this may be a silent rejection? I know there are people with II who submitted somewhat after me. I really hope to hear from them soon
I submitted 8/28 & crickets :bucktooth:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The waiting is tough, but Howard has to review ~10,000 applications and select interview candidates who appear to fit their mission. The admissions website says pre-interview rejection emails and interim emails will be sent in March.

Reactions: 1 user
Well at least I'm glad too know I'm not alone

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my secondary about an hour after they sent it to me 2 months ago. Silence ever since. Howard: CPT at it's finest lol

Reactions: 4 users
Lol. I don’t think Howard is on CPT. Their admissions staff is tiny and they’ve probably got nearly every URM in the country applying to their school.

Yeah I know, just kidding. I remember reading how they almost had 10,000 applicants last year. Just a little frustrated over the wait, that's all
Lol. I don’t think Howard is on CPT. Their admissions staff is tiny and they’ve probably got nearly every URM in the country applying to their school.

That's a long time, def give them a call, I tried calling last week but it went direct to voicemail.... let me know if you hear anything, I'll also try calling and may be email them and keep you posted.

Definitely give them a call - I called mid-September because I still hadn't received a secondary and I submitted my primary in July. Apparently it was sent August 23rd but I never received it (in spam, regular inbox, etc). The gentleman I spoke to in the admissions office was very nice though and said a LOT of applicants were having the same issue. He resent it to me while I was on the phone with him to ensure that I received it that time around!

I just followed up on this again. I had exactly the same experience as @adsav23. If anyone hasn't received a secondary, it's probably wise to call. They are super friendly. Here are their hours:

Mondays: 2:00 P.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays - No phone calls; Interview days.
Thursdays: 2:00 P.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
Fridays: 2:00 P.M. TO 3:30 P.M.

Reactions: 2 users
congrats, yes stats and complete email date please
Whoops I actually didn't get a complete email date... So I called a month ago about that. They sent it to may a lot later but they said they sent it like end of August.

Is this week the first week of interviews? (I know that there are some this week) Or have there been interviews already? Good luck to everyone!

Just spoke with very friendly admissions office. They're sending out next batch of secondary apps tomorrow said if I didn't receive it to call the next day.

how do you submit updates to howard? is it just by emailing them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 9/30 and haven’t received a secondary. Can’t decide if it’s too early to give them a call.

Submitted 9/30 and haven’t received a secondary. Can’t decide if it’s too early to give them a call.

For sure give them a call. I posted about this a few posts ago because I went through a similar situation and it was quickly resolved.

im super late but
II on Monday
Interview on Nov 7th

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone have any insight on how Howard views in the area emails/call?

Last edited:
So I’ve called and it goes straight to voicemail... starting to think it’s a sign lol
Edit: 5 calls later and finally got an answer! Thanks everyone for the advice!

Last edited:
So I’ve called and it goes straight to voicemail... starting to think it’s a sign lol

I called about 15-20 minutes ago. I had to call three times though. The first two times went to voicemail. I called the third time prepared to leave a voicemail, but they answered almost immediately. They were very nice and I got my secondary within 5 minutes.

Reactions: 3 users
got an II here today! was complete august 28

Reactions: 8 users
This is so stressful and nerve wracking... it seems like Howard is bouncing around... was complete 9/6

Praying for some Howard love this week

Reactions: 14 users
Preparing to fly out of DC now. Loved it -- hope my entire interview group is accepted and matriculates -- it was a Different World y'all. :xf:

Reactions: 12 users
Preparing to fly out of DC now. Loved it -- hope my entire interview group is accepted and matriculates -- it was a Different World y'all. :xf:
congrats I hope you hear good news soon. Do you mind sharing stats and complete date?

Anyone knows how Howard is about in the area emails. I have an interview at USU on the 30th

Did you have a group interview? Did you go to the open house before you were invited for interview?

congrats I hope you hear good news soon. Do you mind sharing stats and complete date?

LM 73, complete 9/26!

Did you have a group interview? Did you go to the open house before you were invited for interview?

The whole day seemed like a group interview, really, but in a relaxed sort of way. Other than that no, we didn't have to answer questions as a group and no I didn't attend an open house.

Interview day was a good one. Howard is such a supportive environment. Hoping for some good news in the next 4-6 weeks!

Reactions: 5 users
Interview day was a good one. Howard is such a supportive environment. Hoping for some good news in the next 4-6 weeks!
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Do you mind sharing your stats?

I'm a reapplicant and it took a long time for me to get my secondary from Howard last time, but now it's been almost 2 months... But I see that other people are having the same problem so I'll try calling today! It's the last MD secondary I've been waiting on.

I'm a reapplicant and it took a long time for me to get my secondary from Howard last time, but now it's been almost 2 months... But I see that other people are having the same problem so I'll try calling today! It's the last MD secondary I've been waiting on.
Yeah 2 months is definitely way too long to have been waiting on a secondary from them. I would definitely call soon!

are you able to visit them or go to open house? I highly Recommend doing that and they will send you one immediately while you’re there.

Call them. I had waited a long time to get mine and apparently it sent but never got to my email. If you go to an earlier post someone had posted the hours you can call. Hope that helps!

Call them. I had waited a long time to get mine and apparently it sent but never got to my email. If you go to an earlier post someone had posted the hours you can call. Hope that helps!

Per their website call:

• Mondays: 2 - 3:30 pm EDT

• Thursdays: 2 - 3:30 pm EDT

• Fridays: 2 - 3:00 pm EDT