2017-2018 Howard University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The waiting is tough, but Howard has to review ~10,000 applications and select interview candidates who appear to fit their mission. The admissions website says pre-interview rejection emails and interim emails will be sent in March.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I know, just kidding. I remember reading how they almost had 10,000 applicants last year. Just a little frustrated over the wait, that's all
Lol. I don’t think Howard is on CPT. Their admissions staff is tiny and they’ve probably got nearly every URM in the country applying to their school.
 
That's a long time, def give them a call, I tried calling last week but it went direct to voicemail.... let me know if you hear anything, I'll also try calling and may be email them and keep you posted.

Definitely give them a call - I called mid-September because I still hadn't received a secondary and I submitted my primary in July. Apparently it was sent August 23rd but I never received it (in spam, regular inbox, etc). The gentleman I spoke to in the admissions office was very nice though and said a LOT of applicants were having the same issue. He resent it to me while I was on the phone with him to ensure that I received it that time around!

I just followed up on this again. I had exactly the same experience as @adsav23. If anyone hasn't received a secondary, it's probably wise to call. They are super friendly. Here are their hours:

Mondays: 2:00 P.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays - No phone calls; Interview days.
Thursdays: 2:00 P.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
Fridays: 2:00 P.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
 
Just spoke with very friendly admissions office. They're sending out next batch of secondary apps tomorrow said if I didn't receive it to call the next day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I’ve called and it goes straight to voicemail... starting to think it’s a sign lol

I called about 15-20 minutes ago. I had to call three times though. The first two times went to voicemail. I called the third time prepared to leave a voicemail, but they answered almost immediately. They were very nice and I got my secondary within 5 minutes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Preparing to fly out of DC now. Loved it -- hope my entire interview group is accepted and matriculates -- it was a Different World y'all. :xf:
Did you have a group interview? Did you go to the open house before you were invited for interview?
 
congrats I hope you hear good news soon. Do you mind sharing stats and complete date?

LM 73, complete 9/26!

Did you have a group interview? Did you go to the open house before you were invited for interview?

The whole day seemed like a group interview, really, but in a relaxed sort of way. Other than that no, we didn't have to answer questions as a group and no I didn't attend an open house.
 
I'm a reapplicant and it took a long time for me to get my secondary from Howard last time, but now it's been almost 2 months... But I see that other people are having the same problem so I'll try calling today! It's the last MD secondary I've been waiting on.
 
I'm a reapplicant and it took a long time for me to get my secondary from Howard last time, but now it's been almost 2 months... But I see that other people are having the same problem so I'll try calling today! It's the last MD secondary I've been waiting on.
Yeah 2 months is definitely way too long to have been waiting on a secondary from them. I would definitely call soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a reapplicant and it took a long time for me to get my secondary from Howard last time, but now it's been almost 2 months... But I see that other people are having the same problem so I'll try calling today! It's the last MD secondary I've been waiting on.

are you able to visit them or go to open house? I highly Recommend doing that and they will send you one immediately while you’re there.
 
I'm a reapplicant and it took a long time for me to get my secondary from Howard last time, but now it's been almost 2 months... But I see that other people are having the same problem so I'll try calling today! It's the last MD secondary I've been waiting on.
Call them. I had waited a long time to get mine and apparently it sent but never got to my email. If you go to an earlier post someone had posted the hours you can call. Hope that helps!
 
Call them. I had waited a long time to get mine and apparently it sent but never got to my email. If you go to an earlier post someone had posted the hours you can call. Hope that helps!
I'm a reapplicant and it took a long time for me to get my secondary from Howard last time, but now it's been almost 2 months... But I see that other people are having the same problem so I'll try calling today! It's the last MD secondary I've been waiting on.


Per their website call:

  • Mondays: 2 - 3:30 pm EDT

  • Thursdays: 2 - 3:30 pm EDT

  • Fridays: 2 - 3:00 pm EDT