2017-2018 Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello, currently on the strong alt list and was wondering if anyone on this list has heard anything back? I received the "5/7 deadline to hear back from has been extended" email on 5/4 but no communication since. Guessing the class must be full?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
hello, currently on the strong alt list and was wondering if anyone on this list has heard anything back? I received the "5/7 deadline to hear back from has been extended" email on 5/4 but no communication since. Guessing the class must be full?
Yeah called last week and was told that the class is currently full

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah called last week and was told that the class is currently full

It may mean that they have sent acceptances for all seats in the class but have not heard back from the people they've extended acceptances to...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It may mean that they have sent acceptances for all seats in the class but have not heard back from the people they've extended acceptances to...
True, I hope you're right.

Hello Strong alternate-waitlisters,
Anybody heard anything from Howard yet? I did not understand from that e-mail from 2 weeks ago that the class was full but mostly that there has been a lot of movement which made me think a lot of people gave up their seats. Anybody know when we are suppose to hear back. This wait is so so so long :(

Hello Strong alternate-waitlisters,
Anybody heard anything from Howard yet? I did not understand from that e-mail from 2 weeks ago that the class was full but mostly that there has been a lot of movement which made me think a lot of people gave up their seats. Anybody know when we are suppose to hear back. This wait is so so so long :(

When I called them, they said that the class was full but that seats are opening up every day cause people were pulling out/withdrawing etc. However, I don't know anyone who got accepted within the last 2 weeks (after that email was sent)

When I called them, they said that the class was full but that seats are opening up every day cause people were pulling out/withdrawing etc. However, I don't know anyone who got accepted within the last 2 weeks (after that email was sent)
So basically we are not "High priority" wait-list but just regular?

So basically we are not "High priority" wait-list but just regular?

Well I think if you got on the high priority list you're still high priority! I got on that list too. I just don't know how they are deciding which students to accept, or if they are sending out acceptances or still waiting to send them out :(

Long time lurker, recently received an acceptance email off Howard’s Strong Alternative Waitlist today , plans to decline the offer so hopefully it goes to one of y’all.

Reactions: 8 users
Long time lurker, recently received an acceptance email off Howard’s Strong Alternative Waitlist today , plans to decline the offer so hopefully it goes to one of y’all.
Regardless, congrats on your acceptance and thanks for the update

Regardless, congrats on your acceptance and thanks for the update
No problem. Just wanted to let everyone know they’re still sending them out. So there’s still hope.

Reactions: 3 users
Long time lurker too. Just got accepted off the strong alternate list. Interview 2/7

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
People on strong alternate waitlist, I have a very good feeling about this coming week.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted off of the strong alternate waitlist, interviewed 3/6. There's still hope friends

Reactions: 11 users
Will be withdrawing my acceptance today. Honestly one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 5 users
Is it just the both of us left on there now or do you know if there are more?
I called yesterday but didn’t find out exactly how many ppl are left. The secretary just implied that there are still multiple left on the strong alternate list

This is so unprofessional! I know I'm not going to get in so just go ahead and send a formal rejection.

No, so I know I'm rejected. I just don't appreciate people dragging things out.
I wasn’t interviewed either. I called them early May for an update and they said “I was still in the running because they were thinking of opening new interview slots”. Then I called them today again and they said “At this point, the seats are almost filled and they don’t anticipate sending anymore interview requests”. So I am guessing we should be getting rejection emails pretty soon... unless some miracle happens.

Have they sent ANY rejections at all?

No, so I know I'm rejected. I just don't appreciate people dragging things out.

Unfortunately, quite a few schools never actually send a formal pre interview rejection

Have they sent ANY rejections at all?
Yes, when I called early May they said they sent their final rejections in mid march. So basically those that they did not want to send an Interview in the first place.

Yes, when I called early May they said they sent their final rejections in mid march. So basically those that they did not want to send an Interview in the first place.
I never got an interview, but I never received a rejection email (and I have looked through my spam folder). Weird.

I never got an interview, but I never received a rejection email (and I have looked through my spam folder). Weird.
Right, so from what they told me, those that still haven’t received a rejection but never got an interview “we’re still in the running”. So like idk what your situation was but I applied super last minute so I kinda understood that they probs sent all their interview requests on a rolling basis. Then because they were (still possibly are) unsure of if the seats will be filled with people withdrawing and whatnot, they were entertaining the idea of opening new interview times to fill seats. So we never got an interview or got rejected because they were waiting. If that makes sense. But at this point, almost all their seats are filled so it is likely they will send us an email rejection because “they don’t anticipate opening up any new interview times”.

Unfortunately, quite a few schools never actually send a formal pre interview rejection
When I called admissions early May, they said they sent out all the pre interview rejections that they wanted to in Mid March. So with people like me “I was still in the running” so no rejection.

I just called today to ask for any updates with the strong alternate waitlist and was told nothing. “The process still goes on to the day before orientation”
I don’t know how to feel about that.

I just called today to ask for any updates with the strong alternate waitlist and was told nothing. “The process still goes on to the day before orientation”
That's how all medical schools are. They're allowed to send acceptances up until the day before orientation. It sucks, but that's how the system works unfortunately :(

Did they say if they are still accepting students on a weekly basis?

If you're Holding an acceptance and are not sure you’ll go to Howard, please I beg you in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth that died for our sins, withdraw the acceptance so spots can open up both for the waitlist and the interview hopefuls!

Reactions: 4 users
If you're Holding an acceptance and are not sure you’ll go to Howard, please I beg you in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth that died for our sins, withdraw the acceptance so spots can open up both for the waitlist and the interview hopefuls!

I was told there would be no more interview invitations.

I was told there would be no more interview invitations.
Oh I see, that makes sense. So when the heck are we supposed to be officially rejected cuz they could have easily sent us a rejection email by now ‍♀️

Oh I see, that makes sense. So when the heck are we supposed to be officially rejected cuz they could have easily sent us a rejection email by now ‍♀️

When I emailed, they said more rejections would come out this month.

Howard is the last school I have yet to hear from. I would have loved an II, but such is life.