You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Louisiana State University - New Orleans
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Was wondering what the secondary application for this school looks like? What sort of essays do we have to write?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SO. MANY. ESSAYS.Was wondering what the secondary application for this school looks like? What sort of essays do we have to write?
it's really just a form, no essays. super easy.
May the Eubanks be with you.
delete
Still listed?
P
princessleia24
Hey, guys! Louisiana residents: For LSU's secondary application, do we have to wait for them to review our primary application and send us a link to the secondary application? because I saw this on their website, and I'm kinda confused! LSUHSC School of Medicine
Good luck to everyone!
Good luck to everyone!
Hey, guys! Louisiana residents: For LSU's secondary application, do we have to wait for them to review our primary application and send us a link to the secondary application? because I saw this on their website, and I'm kinda confused! LSUHSC School of Medicine
Good luck to everyone!
I figured I would wait until I heard something back from them for the primary application before I send in my secondary. They probably havn't even processed the primary applications yet and I don't want to bombard them with the next thing. That link to the secondary is usually in the e-mail they send you when your primary gets processed.
Yes, and yes. Convinced it's a big reason why I got an interview last cycle.Is anyone applying after doing the Pharmacology SMP at Tulane or any of the other ones they offer? Did you take advantage of the 32 hour policy?
Hi all,
I am a little confused about the secondary app for LSU New Orleans.
Let me get this straight. So we fill out all the forms that are applicable to us, (write no essays), and physically mail it to the address indicated?
Also, does anyone know approx how many OOS are accepted (i'm not referring to matriculated)?
I am a little confused about the secondary app for LSU New Orleans.
Let me get this straight. So we fill out all the forms that are applicable to us, (write no essays), and physically mail it to the address indicated?
Also, does anyone know approx how many OOS are accepted (i'm not referring to matriculated)?
Hi all,
I am a little confused about the secondary app for LSU New Orleans.
Let me get this straight. So we fill out all the forms that are applicable to us, (write no essays), and physically mail it to the address indicated?
Also, does anyone know approx how many OOS are accepted (i'm not referring to matriculated)?
When they send you the secondary app email, you will see a list of everything that needs to be in it. All those forms are available to download and print via the link provided in that email. There are only maybe 2 or 3 forms that are not applicable to everyone. Thankfully, no essays . Just print everything out, include your check and pic, and mail it in.
I want to say OOS acceptance rates are less than 15 percent but don't quote me on that. It's not a large number. Competitive stats are quite low on a national scale though, so it's definitely one to consider if you are applying broadly.
Hello all!
This is my first time filling out a secondary for LSU and I was wondering what the opinion is for doing the "If you wish, you may attach a letter of reasonable length which contains comments that you feel will enable the Admissions Committee to better assess your qualifications for medical school." I am OOS and am wondering if the letter may be helpful? I have everything else ready to go so the final thing would be this letter, if it is important. Thanks for the help!
This is my first time filling out a secondary for LSU and I was wondering what the opinion is for doing the "If you wish, you may attach a letter of reasonable length which contains comments that you feel will enable the Admissions Committee to better assess your qualifications for medical school." I am OOS and am wondering if the letter may be helpful? I have everything else ready to go so the final thing would be this letter, if it is important. Thanks for the help!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I submitted my primary 7/1 & received a secondary on 7/3. Also got my "received secondary materials" email in 7/14. AMCAS still hasn't finished processing my primary app yetHey, guys! Louisiana residents: For LSU's secondary application, do we have to wait for them to review our primary application and send us a link to the secondary application? because I saw this on their website, and I'm kinda confused! LSUHSC School of Medicine
Good luck to everyone!
P
princessleia24
I'm also a first-time applicant! So take my advice with a grain of salt, haha. But I emailed a current PhD/MD student at LSU and asked about it, and she said she didn't do the letter, and neither did one of her friends. Maybe it's a more recent thing? Not sure. But she said if there is something in your application that needs to be explained (like a low MCAT score, or maybe a drop in grades for personal reasons), then she would recommend writing it. She didn't think it was necessary, but it won't hurt if you really want to do it.Hello all!
This is my first time filling out a secondary for LSU and I was wondering what the opinion is for doing the "If you wish, you may attach a letter of reasonable length which contains comments that you feel will enable the Admissions Committee to better assess your qualifications for medical school." I am OOS and am wondering if the letter may be helpful? I have everything else ready to go so the final thing would be this letter, if it is important. Thanks for the help!
I ended up writing it, just because I wanted to address them through a non-essay medium, but who knows what effect it has.
When they ask for a passport-type photo, do you think it's okay to use a professional photo where I'm wearing a suit? I currently use it for my Linkedin profile
That's what I didWhen they ask for a passport-type photo, do you think it's okay to use a professional photo where I'm wearing a suit? I currently use it for my Linkedin profile
I got an email 4 days ago saying they had received my supplemental application, it also said I would receive an email when my application was complete. I called today because I turned in everything and Paulette told me on the phone that I was complete. Just FYI I never got that second email.
Anyone know when the committee is meeting for ED applicants? Last year, if I remember correctly, I think ED applicants were interviewing on 9/15..
Anyone know when the committee is meeting for ED applicants? Last year, if I remember correctly, I think ED applicants were interviewing on 9/15..
9/18 in case anyone is wondering..
I received an email yesterday stating my application was under active consideration. I'm just RD too
just to confirm. no II's for anyone?
Looking at last year's thread, it looks like ED IIs began around 8/23 and RD IIs 8/30. So definitely coming up, but we got some wait time.
Early decision II's sent out. Got mine yesterday with an interview scheduled. Interviews are September 11th-13th
@Future doccc mind sharing stats?
This thread is dead...
This thread is dead...
Dawg I was trying, but yah even less activity than Shreveport...
Edit: BUTTTT if the thread from last year's timeline is to be believed, then the IIs for RD began rolling out a week after ED, which means by the end of this week. So maybe some fireworks soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think this thread is dead right now because LSU hasn't been communicating much with the applicants (well it has been for me as a RD applicant). But like you said, hopefully soon
Dawg I was trying, but yah even less activity than Shreveport...
Edit: BUTTTT if the thread from last year's timeline is to be believed, then the IIs for RD began rolling out a week after ED, which means by the end of this week. So maybe some fireworks soon.
Any new news from anyone?
Office is closed today bc of weather..since the ED deadline is 9/1, yall think they will meet once more for interviews or are they pretty much done for ED?
I think they might only send out one round of ED interview invites. But you never know!
That's strange bc the deadline is 9/1 for it..but you're probably right.
Probably for regular decision and not early decision
I don't think I have a legit shot at ED but just for fairness purposes--the website says you have until 9/1 to be complete for ED. Don't the people who became complete between the time yall got interviews and 9/1 have to at least be reviewed?
I'd love to answer that question, but I have no idea. The whole interview process is pretty arbitrary and based on the lives of very busy people, so who knows?I don't think I have a legit shot at ED but just for fairness purposes--the website says you have until 9/1 to be complete for ED. Don't the people who became complete between the time yall got interviews and 9/1 have to at least be reviewed?
Here we go guys:
All candidates with their file complete by 9/1 will be reviewed for EDP.
Best,
Kimberly M. Peychaud
Coordinator of Admissions
LSU-New Orleans School of Medicine
All candidates with their file complete by 9/1 will be reviewed for EDP.
Best,
Kimberly M. Peychaud
Coordinator of Admissions
LSU-New Orleans School of Medicine
Awesome
If I'm an OOS individual who isn't applying ED but has his application already complete, should I email the school to let them know that I'm not applying ED to their school? I had no idea that the ED deadline was 9/1.
If I'm an OOS individual who isn't applying ED but has his application already complete, should I email the school to let them know that I'm not applying ED to their school? I had no idea that the ED deadline was 9/1.
No, you wouldn't need to. You had to indicate on your amcas that you wanted to be considered ED. If your complete by 9/1 and RD wouldn't have any adverse effect on your app 🙂
Awesome thank you so much!No, you wouldn't need to. You had to indicate on your amcas that you wanted to be considered ED. If your complete by 9/1 and RD wouldn't have any adverse effect on your app 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8
872643
II!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
II today! IS.II!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8
872643
for those of you that got interview invites today, are you ED or RD?
RD
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk