You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Penn State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
+1 hold- whatever that means
studyingallday
Full Member
when were you complete?+1 hold- whatever that means (OOS pre II btw)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
got the complete email 7/23when were you complete?
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
God speed.got the complete email 7/23
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
WHAT DOES IT MEANNGod speed.
D
deleted906592
I
I think it’s new? At least it wasn’t around when I last applied.WHAT DOES IT MEANN
D
deleted906592
oops nvm it is not new 🫢WHAT DOES IT MEANN
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Brutal honesty here: probably a soft R similar to Tulane's pre-II hold. But that could be just cynicism.WHAT DOES IT MEANN
General rule of thumb: If a school sends you an email update saying you are on hold, that hold is more than likely a soft R.WHAT DOES IT MEANN
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
i was looking for some detective work and fun 😕 not an echoing of general rules I learned already last cycle sighhhhhhhhh my fault for being on SDN tho
found these fun emojis tho so W 

found these fun emojis tho so W 

JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
I am trying to stay off. But this place is so addictive I cannot for the life of me. Sweet emojis though!i was looking for some detective work and fun 😕 not an echoing of general rules I learned already last cycle sighhhhhhhhh my fault for being on SDN thofound these fun emojis tho so W
![]()
Never gonna stop ya from stalking previous years threads, I fully support as long as you don't blow up the thread every day asking if anyone that was deferred got an II yet hahai was looking for some detective work and fun 😕 not an echoing of general rules I learned already last cycle sighhhhhhhhh my fault for being on SDN thofound these fun emojis tho so W
![]()
Similar daily routine for seeing which coach Penn State is trying to contact and whether James Franklin decided on a new job. Looks like the latter finally happened.Never gonna stop ya from stalking previous years threads, I fully support as long as you don't blow up the thread every day asking if anyone that was deferred got an II yet haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cheesefries03
Full Member
for anyone who interviewed early oct, have you heard back yet?
yoyomonster
Full Member
followingfor anyone who interviewed early oct, have you heard back yet?
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
why are you withdrawing? what does that do?Welp. I think it is time to withdraw fellas. (Speaking for myself)
![]()
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
He is rejecting Penn State— not the other way around.why are you withdrawing? what does that do?
D
deleted906592
If it’s because you got an A somewhere else congrats!Welp. I think it is time to withdraw fellas. (Speaking for myself)
![]()
Got my app put on hold this morning but I requested it to be withdrawn over a month ago lol
rhapsodyinblue
Full Member
8 weeks since my interview and have not heard anything...
cheesefries03
Full Member
hopefully today? me too!8 weeks since my interview and have not heard anything...
giratina origin forme
Full Member
Its been 9 weeks since mine and same boat. If not today/tomorrow likely nothing until 1-2 weeks into December.8 weeks since my interview and have not heard anything...
lebronjames124
Full Member
same8 weeks since my interview and have not heard anything...
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
+1 Pre-II Hold
Last edited:
rhapsodyinblue
Full Member
post 9/29 interview IS hold :'(
Last edited:
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
seems unlikely,just got a post-interview hold for Penn State (OOS) :/ how often do people get pulled into the accepted pool after this and is there anything i can do to help my chances?
been on hold since mid September
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lebronjames124
Full Member
OOS Penn state hold 😭 is this a soft R?
yoyomonster
Full Member
+1 IS Post-Interview Hold, Interviewed 10/09, LM 71
sparkysparky28
New Member
For the in person tour, it says casual dress but most people I know who did an in person tour wore a suit or at least a blazer. What are y’all wearing? Feel free to DM me
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
does pre-II hold mean soft R here
cheesefries03
Full Member
do we think those that interviewed early oct will hear back next week?
Content_Power_5151
Full Member
Maybe next month...do we think those that interviewed early oct will hear back next week?
cheesefries03
Full Member
oop time to practice patients LMAOMaybe next month...
pinkbowbunny
Full Member
+1 OOS II yesterday
What did this email look like? Did they just say your application was paused?+1 Pre-II Hold
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
It said something like my application was placed in a hold category and a decision hasn’t been made yetWhat did this email look like? Did they just say your application was paused?
I wonder if it would be safe to assume if it has been crickets, it's a rejection?It said something like my application was placed in a hold category and a decision hasn’t been made yet
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
OOS R
studyingallday
Full Member
for the ppl affected by this R wave when is ur guys complete date?
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
Julyfor the ppl affected by this R wave when is ur guys complete date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry 🙁 pre or post II?OOS R
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
preI'm sorry 🙁 pre or post II?
pinkbowbunny
Full Member
I think my LM is 69, and I submitted my secondary sometime in July.Congrats! LM? Secondary date?
shahsamays
Full Member
Still on Hold, no interview yet. Anyone in the same boat?