2017-2018 Louisiana State University - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So are there different tiers of waitlists? Or is everyone priority waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
so is "prioritized alternate list" different than a waitlist? I remember Eubanks touching on this in my interview but I forgot.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI I’ve also heard of them sending rejections today too

I got the alternate list as well. What do you think the chances are of being accepted from this? Does anyone know?

Can someone confirm that priority alternate list is separate from waitlist?

Just talked to admissions, they said they are “similar” but wouldn’t give me any more info :(
Lol. Classic. I’m now more confused!
So does this confirm that there are two lists or just that the term “priority list” is basically equivalent to “waitlist” at other schools?

Just talked to admissions, they said they are “similar” but wouldn’t give me any more info :(
Similar as in they have two separate lists that are theoretically similar or similar as in what other schools call their "waitlist" is similar to what LSU calls "the priority alternate list"???? UGH WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO SECRETIVE

Reactions: 1 users
I know. It's really anxiety inducing. Some clarity would go a long way. All we can do now is wait and see....

Members don't see this ad :)
The FB group is still kinda low but honestly, with all the uncertainty, I think it's best to just reapply. Who know where we are on this mysterious priority list. Like is that the first 5 people on the WL or is it like 15?! Who tf know?!

Southerndoc, do you know how many people are usually in the class FB? Currently, it’s around 200 minus the mods/admins, right?

So I just called to make my file check appointment with Eubanks and also asked for clarity on the "prioritized alternate list." Ms. Kimberly told me that there is only "one list" and people are picked from the top until the class is full. That is all she could tell me.

Yeah it shows up, just gotta log in. Thanks!

Got my rejection letter today :/ can anyone tell me what the meeting with Dr. Eubanks would entail? Trying to see if the drive to NOLA is worth it

Got my rejection letter today :/ can anyone tell me what the meeting with Dr. Eubanks would entail? Trying to see if the drive to NOLA is worth it

Same here :(
Glad to be free of the stress though! I live in New Orleans and set up a meeting in early June - if you message me around then I’ll tell you how it goes.

I just withdrew my acceptance, hopefully it goes to on of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone met with Eubanks yet?

Reactions: 1 users
When is the enrollment or registration? thanks

For any people who applied through the Early Decision Program, when did you get contacted about scheduling an interview?

Last edited:
Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the initial 'your application is under active consideration" email? Thank you.

I may have totally missed the answer to this somewhere above, but where did everyone upload their driver's license and social security card? In the million slots they do have for uploads, that doesn't seem to be one. Did y'all just put it in another one of the secondary slots?