-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Mercer University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How do you know that it was the Savannah campus that met yesterday and not the Macon campus?Mercer please don’t roll me over again . Did both campuses committee meet yesterday or only Savanah?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, I just interviewed at Savannah and was told the 15th. Oh well. On to next month, I guess...
I called yesterday and Sabina told me the 15th. So maybe it was Macon that met and not Savannah? Or maybe they haven't finished notifications?Wow, I just interviewed at Savannah and was told the 15th. Oh well. On to next month, I guess...
I called yesterday and Sabina told me the 15th. So maybe it was Macon that met and not Savannah? Or maybe they haven't finished notifications?
So they have two distinct adcoms? Thats very different. I mean, MCG for example has two campuses (athens is MUCH smaller) but only one adcom. So, are you only considered for admission on the campus that you interview at?
I believe the committee where you interviewed determines if you get in, but after admission, you can choose to go to either campus.So they have two distinct adcoms? Thats very different. I mean, MCG for example has two campuses (athens is MUCH smaller) but only one adcom. So, are you only considered for admission on the campus that you interview at?
How do you know that it was the Savannah campus that met yesterday and not the Macon campus?
I know someone who got accepted yesterday from Savanah. I think what they meant was they would notify as soon as they are done with the review and expect to finish notifying on Friday
I got accepted today! I interviewed in Savannah on 11/09.
Congratulations! Which campus did you interview at, and when did they call you?I got accepted today! I interviewed in Savannah on 11/09.
I interviewed in Savannah. And I never got a call!! I got the email today at like 10:25!Congratulations! Which campus did you interview at, and when did they call you?
@FutMed22
And Thank you!!!!!!
And Thank you!!!!!!
So did they move tomorrow's meeting? Or will the committee still meet tomorrow?
has anyone received any II love from here recently? getting anxious..
Does anyone know if the committee met in Macon yesterday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I messaged Stephanie on Fri and she said the committee met Thurs evening, so rolled over again ... best of luck as always going forward!
Did anyone got accepted this week from Macon? So far acceptances were sent to Savannah only, I think.
Last edited:
When do you find out which campus you will be at?
You have to submit a campus request form, and I'm sure whatever campus you put down you'll get since nothing's fullWhen do you find out which campus you will be at?
I filled out the campus request form! I was just wondering if they would let me know soon.You have to submit a campus request form, and I'm sure whatever campus you put down you'll get since nothing's full
I got confirmation of my preference a couple days after submitting the form.I filled out the campus request form! I was just wondering if they would let me know soon.
Do you have to hold an offer of acceptance to submit a campus preference form or can you go ahead and do it?
I believe you have to be accepted first and that they send the request form after you get accepted.Do you have to hold an offer of acceptance to submit a campus preference form or can you go ahead and do it?
Does Mercer take updates? Also can we send in our grades from this last semester?
Yes, instructions are number 14/15 on this page FAQs - MD Program Application & Admissions. I believe you can send in grades.
No II yet. When do they stop sending II? Anyone know?
Their last interview is jan 25. The chance is slim, but not impossibleNo II yet. When do they stop sending II? Anyone know?
Do yall think it would be worth updating my gpa from a 3.69 to a 3.74? It says you can submit “substantial” updates but I dont know if thats really all that big of an improvement. I dont want to annoy them with trivial info
My gpa took a similar jump. I sent them in an update but paired it with several other things including about 1300 hours of phlebotomy work, new shadowing/teaching experiences, and a new minor added on that will be completed before the end of spring.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You could possibly ask the admissions office to make sure, but I know when I applied last year I was able to just update my grades. But it was pretty easy to do so since I was on the same campus, and I gave it to the office on paper, not electronically.Do yall think it would be worth updating my gpa from a 3.69 to a 3.74? It says you can submit “substantial” updates but I dont know if thats really all that big of an improvement. I dont want to annoy them with trivial info
What is Mercer's post-II acceptance rate?
What is Mercer's post-II acceptance rate?
http://medicine.mercer.edu/www/mu-m...Applicant-and-Matriculant-Statistics-2017.pdf
Anyone receive interviews this month? Anyone know when they stop giving interviews?
They stop January 22nd. Confirm this on the portal where the welcome message is.Anyone receive interviews this month? Anyone know when they stop giving interviews?
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
They replied to me and said they added it to my file.Will Mercer reply after you sent in an update?
SameThey replied to me and said they added it to my file.
It's the third Wednesday so idk why they wouldn'tAnybody know for sure if the admissions committee is meeting tomorrow?
Thanks! I thought so I just wanted to make sure so I'm not freaking out and staring at my phone for no reason...It's the third Wednesday so idk why they wouldn't
Hello all!
New to this thread. My significant other is waiting on a post II decision here. She interviewed late October. Has anyone heard back with a decision that interviewed at her time or later?
New to this thread. My significant other is waiting on a post II decision here. She interviewed late October. Has anyone heard back with a decision that interviewed at her time or later?
I’m on the same boat, interviewed in late Oct. The committee will meet tomorrow. So hopefully for some good news.Hello all!
New to this thread. My significant other is waiting on a post II decision here. She interviewed late October. Has anyone heard back with a decision that interviewed at her time or later?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That’s what I thought too. Usually they called on Weds evening or Thursday morning email.I thought we were suppose to hear back on the third Wednesday of the month after our interview. Is that not how it normally works
Edit: misread your statement. Nicki is correct, you could be rolled over if you did not get accepted.
Last edited:
You hopefully hear the month after your interview! But if you are not accepted or rejected or maybe waitlisted on that Wednesday or Thursday, then i believe you are rolled over to the next months meeting. They continuously review you until a decision is madeI thought we were suppose to hear back on the third Wednesday of the month after our interview. Is that not how it normally works
Any new interviews given out?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K