-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Mercer University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!Got called 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!
This was @tophbeifong2012 first post. I seriously hope it isn't someone trolling us since they are the only person that posted about getting a call.
I got one call from Macon at 6:30 and the other from Savannah at 6:45.This was @tophbeifong2012 first post. I seriously hope it isn't someone trolling us since they are the only person that posted about getting a call.
Anyone heard anything this morning?
Congrats! But why did both campuses call? I was told only the committee member would call.I got one call from Macon at 6:30 and the other from Savannah at 6:45.
Nothing for meAnyone heard anything this morning?
Congratulation , Please share stats if possible.I got the call today! I still can't believe it!
Congratulation, Please share your stats if you can.I got one call from Macon at 6:30 and the other from Savannah at 6:45.
Accepted this morning via email! Very surprised since no call last night!!! So excited!!
Still patiently hoping for an II...... ><
Grad degree focused in environmental health with emphasis in toxicology and biomarkers with decent grades(community health also emphasized). Have a lot of public health research experience and other professional experiences. Was at a state flag ship university with average grades in biology. Honors associates degree at smaller regional university. Savannah 10/10 interview.Congratulation, Please share your stats if you can.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Grad degree focused in environmental health with emphasis in toxicology and biomarkers with decent grades(community health also emphasized). Have a lot of public health research experience and other professional experiences. Was at a state flag ship university with average grades in biology. Honors associates degree at smaller regional university. Savannah 10/10 interview.
We interviewed together!🙂
Do they send you an email if your not accepted for the 18th? I havent heard anything from them
From what I understand from the communications section in the portal (and email) and from information on interview day, they will only inform you if you have been waitlisted, rejected, or accepted. If you are rolled over, you won’t get email. I also did not get the email, but interviewed fairly closer to the October 18th meeting than others on here.
When did you interview? If it’s been recent, I might have interviewed with you, and I think no news is good news in this case. If you wanna DM me about it, feel free.
On my interview day, Jina said if you don’t hear by tomorrow, you’re likely rolled over and you can email her to verify your status.Do they send you an email if your not accepted for the 18th? I havent heard anything from them
I interviewed about a month ago. It was the second interview for regular decisionFrom what I understand from the communications section in the portal (and email) and from information on interview day, they will only inform you if you have been waitlisted, rejected, or accepted. If you are rolled over, you won’t get email. I also did not get the email, but interviewed fairly closer to the October 18th meeting than others on here.
When did you interview? If it’s been recent, I might have interviewed with you, and I think no news is good news in this case. If you wanna DM me about it, feel free.
Just a reminder that Jina will be out on maternity leave starting Nov 13!
Does Mercer offer past application committee feedback?
what days were available?II there was only two days left!
II there was only two days left!
Two days total left for the whole interview cycle? Or were you talking about a specific month?
Also, could you share when you were complete with Mercer? Thanks.
Two days total left for the whole interview cycle? Or were you talking about a specific month?
Also, could you share when you were complete with Mercer? Thanks.
There was only two dates for the whole cycle. 01/04 and 12/7.
I was complete on October 18th
First-time poster/long time lurker, but I got an interview today! I'm a reapplicant and I went to Mercer for undergrad. 🙂
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When did you complete your application?First-time poster/long time lurker, but I got an interview today! I'm a reapplicant and I went to Mercer for undergrad. 🙂
I had the interview last week in Macon. I love it. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. The group was small (4) so you get to know everyone in your group. The interviews were very relaxed and I felt really comfortable. They were very clear about the interview process and I truly appreciate that. Good luck everyone.
Thank you!!! My secondary was complete October 13 🙂Congrats! When did you complete your application?
Last edited:
Thank you!!! My secondary was complete October 13 🙂
Out of curiosity, what were your stats like? I did a late secondary for Mercer about a week after you, just trying to see if I might still have an II chance.
I'm right on average for MCAT and a bit low GPA wise for Mercer. I have over 100 hours of shadowing, worked in a pediatrics office for a year, lots of community service, was a teacher's assistant for general chemistry for 3 1/2 years at Mercer and did research at MUSM for two years. I graduated with two degrees. I really think my activities helped me because my numbers are pretty poor imo. I entered Mercer as part of the GAP program, but I had a really hard time in college and my GPA went under the requirement. I got rejected post-secondary last year, so I'm so thrilled to get an interview. Hopefully I do well enough. Hope this helps 🙂Out of curiosity, what were your stats like? I did a late secondary for Mercer about a week after you, just trying to see if I might still have an II chance.
I'm right on average for MCAT and a bit low GPA wise for Mercer. I have over 100 hours of shadowing, worked in a pediatrics office for a year, lots of community service, was a teacher's assistant for general chemistry for 3 1/2 years at Mercer and did research at MUSM for two years. I graduated with two degrees. I really think my activities helped me because my numbers are pretty poor imo. I entered Mercer as part of the GAP program, but I had a really hard time in college and my GPA went under the requirement. I got rejected post-secondary last year, so I'm so thrilled to get an interview. Hopefully I do well enough. Hope this helps 🙂
Congrats on the interview and good luck! You sound like an awesome candidate to me, especially with the two years of research. I'm probably a bit low on the GPA myself, although with a killer trend and very high MCAT. Hoping its enough to get the interview.....
Thank you so much 🙂 I wish you the best of luck.Congrats on the interview and good luck! You sound like an awesome candidate to me, especially with the two years of research. I'm probably a bit low on the GPA myself, although with a killer trend and very high MCAT. Hoping its enough to get the interview.....
Interview invite!! I️ seriously can’t believe it cause I️ literally didn’t submit my secondary until last week...and literally yesterday I️ had a meltdown over the entire process and God’s timing was just right. Definitely one of my top schools and aligns just right with my mission and goals. Gotta stay positive from now on 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
committee meets third thurs of every month right?
Yep
I think it’s every third Wednesday after 5 PM. They make calls that evening and emails/calls the next day!committee meets third thurs of every month right?
That's just for acceptances, right? Not II...?I think it’s every third Wednesday after 5 PM. They make calls that evening and emails/calls the next day!
I think so. I got my II on a Monday so I think the "third Wednesday" meetings are just for admission decisions.That's just for acceptances, right? Not II...?
Hey! Do you mind sharing your stats?II there was only two days left!
The committee meets tomorrow!
*cue anxiety*
*cue anxiety*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck everyone!
Has anyone submitted an update via email to Mercer? Just wondering whether they replied back saying they received it.
yes, they replied back to me saying they received it and added it to my fileHas anyone submitted an update via email to Mercer? Just wondering whether they replied back saying they received it.
anyone gotten the phone call today yet?? I'm freaking out
GOT THE CALL!!! ACCEPTED!!
I must've sounded like a bumbling fool on the phone, but I don't even care! Class of 2022, y'all! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
I must've sounded like a bumbling fool on the phone, but I don't even care! Class of 2022, y'all! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K