2017-2018 Stanford University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't know if this has been covered already but does Stanford accept In The Area emails?

Currently living abroad and don't think I can swing two visits to the west coast.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who has been rejected from MSTP here back from regular admissions

Reactions: 1 user
Don't know if this has been covered already but does Stanford accept In The Area emails?

Currently living abroad and don't think I can swing two visits to the west coast.

Just a heads up, I emailed them and they don't seem to be receptive lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet. I was rejected from MSTP in the first week of September.
Lol I was rejected for mstp October, but have not heard back from regular M.D. I feel like the regular M.D. is still a good fit for those into academic medicine and research.

Rejection received today. Can't be too mad because it was indeed a reach. LM 70-75. OOS. URM. Non-trad. App complete September 1.

Last edited:
Rejected today, best of luck to all! (3.43|526|complete July)

Are they just in a cycle of rejections? I dont think an interview has been reported in a long time

I’m convinced they have somehow lost my application. My day for rejection will come...

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
aaaannnddd Rejected...complete sometime in august

getting paranoid about not getting invited to fill out the secondary but getting a warning email about how it was getting late... ended up just going to the portal myself to submit it but I'm kind of afraid that I might not receive communication from them - good or bad

getting paranoid about not getting invited to fill out the secondary but getting a warning email about how it was getting late... ended up just going to the portal myself to submit it but I'm kind of afraid that I might not receive communication from them - good or bad
Huh? Stanford sends out secondaries to everyone. If you haven't received one, then it's a good thing you just submitted it on the portal because it was most likely a glitch.

I recommend calling them and making sure everything is fine.

Huh? Stanford sends out secondaries to everyone. If you haven't received one, then it's a good thing you just submitted it on the portal because it was most likely a glitch.

I recommend calling them and making sure everything is fine.

Oh that's good to hear---was starting to think I wasted the application fee! (or pulled an Einstein) Good idea, will do!

Woah it seems like they're still reviewing higher LMs. Anyone with low LMs (~70 or less) get rejected yet or do we get silently rejected?

Woah it seems like they're still reviewing higher LMs. Anyone with low LMs (~70 or less) get rejected yet or do we get silently rejected?
Rejected! *shrugs* Worry not, they're making their way to us low stat folks. :shifty: Completed in mid-July.

Anyone complete in July and haven't heard?

Reactions: 1 users
From last year's thread Stanford did appear to make their way through the extreme high stat applicants by December (both for II and pre-II rejections), and then get to regular high stat applicants from January to March (for II and pre-II rejections) with some exceptions throughout.

Here's keeping hope alive for 2018! :xf:

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected, pre-interview!
LM 74.5, complete mid-August

You seem to be right about the trend of high stat rejections. There are only 16 responses from the Stanford rejection survey, but the average MCAT score for those responses is 520. 80 percent of those respondents had a 3.8-4.0 GPA, and the other 20 percent had a 3.6-3.79 sGPA.

You seem to be right about the trend of high stat rejections. There are only 16 responses from the Stanford rejection survey, but the average MCAT score for those responses is 520. 80 percent of those respondents had a 3.8-4.0 GPA, and the other 20 percent had a 3.6-3.79 sGPA.

Could be selection bias though.

So the earliest we will hear a post interview decision is March?

Rejections from Stanford is what I meant. Apparently a few have already heard back from Stanford yes or no.
I mean you'll find out today if KH offers you an interview. If they do, then you're pretty much guaranteed a Stanford med interview. Hopefully this whole process is clearer by the end of the day.

Got an II this morning!!!! KH applicant. My interview date is right before the projected time for the scholarship meeting.. haven't received any information from KH directly, but this may mean that they plan on piggy backing the two events together.

Reactions: 5 users
Got an II this morning!!!! KH applicant. My interview date is right before the projected time for the scholarship meeting.. haven't received any information from KH directly, but this may mean that they plan on piggy backing the two events together.

They didn't offer you days, they just said "this will be your date" ?

update us if u get the KH invite!

KH invitation confirmed!!! I'm going to go lie down now.

Reactions: 2 users