You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Stanford University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Don't know if this has been covered already but does Stanford accept In The Area emails?
Currently living abroad and don't think I can swing two visits to the west coast.
Just a heads up, I emailed them and they don't seem to be receptive lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not yet. I was rejected from MSTP in the first week of September.Has anyone who has been rejected from MSTP here back from regular admissions
confused about the silence...would’ve expected the axe by now
This silence is killing me! (anyone received a II recently?)
Lol I was rejected for mstp October, but have not heard back from regular M.D. I feel like the regular M.D. is still a good fit for those into academic medicine and research.Not yet. I was rejected from MSTP in the first week of September.
Rejection received today. Can't be too mad because it was indeed a reach. LM 70-75. OOS. URM. Non-trad. App complete September 1.
Last edited:
Rejected today, best of luck to all! (3.43|526|complete July)
I’m convinced they have somehow lost my application. My day for rejection will come...
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Me too. Heard they do silent rejections so it's quite possible we're in that pile.I’m convinced they have somehow lost my application. My day for rejection will come...
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
II last week, complete mid-September. LizzyM ~74Are they just in a cycle of rejections? I dont think an interview has been reported in a long time
+1aaaannnddd Rejected...complete sometime in august
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
getting paranoid about not getting invited to fill out the secondary but getting a warning email about how it was getting late... ended up just going to the portal myself to submit it but I'm kind of afraid that I might not receive communication from them - good or bad
Huh? Stanford sends out secondaries to everyone. If you haven't received one, then it's a good thing you just submitted it on the portal because it was most likely a glitch.getting paranoid about not getting invited to fill out the secondary but getting a warning email about how it was getting late... ended up just going to the portal myself to submit it but I'm kind of afraid that I might not receive communication from them - good or bad
I recommend calling them and making sure everything is fine.
Huh? Stanford sends out secondaries to everyone. If you haven't received one, then it's a good thing you just submitted it on the portal because it was most likely a glitch.
I recommend calling them and making sure everything is fine.
Oh that's good to hear---was starting to think I wasted the application fee! (or pulled an Einstein) Good idea, will do!
Rejected this morning via email.
Rejected this morning via email.
+1 (LM mid 70s, complete August)
+1 (LM mid 70s, complete August)
+2. Glad to see we're finally on the same page about my qualifications, Stanford.
Best of luck to those still in it!
+2. Glad to see we're finally on the same page about my qualifications, Stanford.
Best of luck to those still in it!
+3 finally got the axe! Probably didn’t have the time, funds, or motivation to make the trip at this point anyway!
Rejected! *shrugs* Worry not, they're making their way to us low stat folks. 😏 Completed in mid-July.Woah it seems like they're still reviewing higher LMs. Anyone with low LMs (~70 or less) get rejected yet or do we get silently rejected?
+4 got hit with that R email a few hours ago. LizzyM 80 complete mid August. Good luck everyone else!+3 finally got the axe! Probably didn’t have the time, funds, or motivation to make the trip at this point anyway!
Please fill out the rejection survey and share these links in other threads:
Link to survey: 2017-2018 Rejection survey
Link to results: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-5YZT9K85/
Link to survey: 2017-2018 Rejection survey
Link to results: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-5YZT9K85/
Anyone complete in July and haven't heard?
Me, but LM 70. Low MCAT. ORM. Expecting the news to reach me any day.Anyone complete in July and haven't heard?
From last year's thread Stanford did appear to make their way through the extreme high stat applicants by December (both for II and pre-II rejections), and then get to regular high stat applicants from January to March (for II and pre-II rejections) with some exceptions throughout.
Here's keeping hope alive for 2018!
Here's keeping hope alive for 2018!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected yesterday pre IIAny more rejections or IIs? quiet on this thread recently
You seem to be right about the trend of high stat rejections. There are only 16 responses from the Stanford rejection survey, but the average MCAT score for those responses is 520. 80 percent of those respondents had a 3.8-4.0 GPA, and the other 20 percent had a 3.6-3.79 sGPA.
Here is a link to view the Stanford-specific results. Stanford 2018 Rejection survey
You seem to be right about the trend of high stat rejections. There are only 16 responses from the Stanford rejection survey, but the average MCAT score for those responses is 520. 80 percent of those respondents had a 3.8-4.0 GPA, and the other 20 percent had a 3.6-3.79 sGPA.
Could be selection bias though.
Any KH applicants receive rejections lately?
We hear back tomorrow about KH I thinkAny KH applicants receive rejections lately?
We hear back tomorrow about KH I think
Rejections from Stanford is what I meant. Apparently a few have already heard back from Stanford yes or no.
I mean you'll find out today if KH offers you an interview. If they do, then you're pretty much guaranteed a Stanford med interview. Hopefully this whole process is clearer by the end of the day.Rejections from Stanford is what I meant. Apparently a few have already heard back from Stanford yes or no.
Got an II this morning!!!! KH applicant. My interview date is right before the projected time for the scholarship meeting.. haven't received any information from KH directly, but this may mean that they plan on piggy backing the two events together.
Got an II this morning!!!! KH applicant. My interview date is right before the projected time for the scholarship meeting.. haven't received any information from KH directly, but this may mean that they plan on piggy backing the two events together.
They didn't offer you days, they just said "this will be your date" ?
Got an II this morning!!!! KH applicant. My interview date is right before the projected time for the scholarship meeting.. haven't received any information from KH directly, but this may mean that they plan on piggy backing the two events together.
update us if u get the KH invite!
YesThey didn't offer you days, they just said "this will be your date" ?
Will do! I was expecting to hear from KH first to be honest, so this kind of took me by surprise.update us if u get the KH invite!
Congrats man! Sounds like you're in for good news from KH as well! Go kill it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No KH for me!
Good luck to everyone else!
Good luck to everyone else!
it just came out!Will do! I was expecting to hear from KH first to be honest, so this kind of took me by surprise.
Thanks man.@seshwan24 , congrats on the KH! You definitely earned it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K