2017-2018 Stanford University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R in my email today. Complete 9/25

Good luck everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got the R, can you guys still withdraw your app on the portal? I think my email account probably blocked there email

For those who got the R, can you guys still withdraw your app on the portal? I think my email account probably blocked there email
It’s possible you just haven’t gotten rejected. I still haven’t gotten anything despite having super low stats for Stanford. Mcat below their 10th%ile. And not URM/Veteran/Interesting

Yes the withdrawal link is still active. I think part of the reason the emails are being spammed is because it comes from a do_not_reply email.

Yes the withdrawal link is still active. I think part of the reason the emails are being spammed is because it comes from a do_not_reply email.
Ok sounds good, regardless of the decision I just want this to end.

It’s possible you just haven’t gotten rejected. I still haven’t gotten anything despite having super low stats for Stanford. Mcat below their 10th%ile. And not URM/Veteran/Interesting
My stats are watever, but I feel like I fall in the interesting category. Regardless, I’m waiting for my R

Reactions: 1 user
My stats are watever, but I feel like I fall in the interesting category. Regardless, I’m waiting for my R
Yeah, I mean maybe we are just on some kind of mini hold or maybe we will be rejected tomorrow or sometime soon. Either way I’m in between hoping I get an II and hoping that if an R is coming my way that I receive it ASAP.

Yeah, I mean maybe we are just on some kind of mini hold or maybe we will be rejected tomorrow or sometime soon. Either way I’m in between hoping I get an II and hoping that if an R is coming my way that I receive it ASAP.
Yea true I feel the same way here, I am just hoping for some closure. Regardless, I hope watever the decision is, they say it quickly.

Found the II in my spam mailbox today. It arrived last week. Mini heart attack.

Reactions: 1 users
II in spam! Complete early September. LM ~68. I am in shock. Don't lose hope guys! Dates that I saw were 2/1 and 2/3.

Does anyone know when first round of decisions is expected?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! I didn't expect to get anything else this late. Scheduled for 2/3. LM 75

II yesterday! Straight out of left field. LizzyM ~67. Submitted app July 20

Reactions: 2 users
Q to y'all, I interviewed in the first week of october so don't remember what they said about updates specifically, would a 2nd author abstract be a valid reason to update stanford? I know they aren't the biggest fans of updates haha. thanks everyone!

Someone asked if they should update for an abstract at mine, and they said only papers. I was in the same boat with an abstract, and didn't send an update about it.

edit: Nvm, just got that R.

Last edited:
Someone asked if they should update for an abstract at mine, and they said only papers. I was in the same boat with an abstract, and didn't send an update about it.
Thanks man, appreciate the info. Best of luck to both of us :)

Anyone still waiting for an II/rejection? Getting kinda late here....

Anyone still waiting for an II/rejection? Getting kinda late here....
+1. They have KH interviews this week, so they'll be busy with that, likely. We just patiently wait, I suppose.

If we're going by last year's thread, T-4 days until first calls go out!! nervous AF

II today!! Phone call + Email! I was given a date for February with no change allowed. App completed Late August. LM:72

Accepted today via phone call, and proceeded to basically ugly cry in front of an embarrassing number of people :)

This is my only acceptance so far this cycle, but I guess it really does only take one.

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted today via phone call, and proceeded to basically ugly cry in front of an embarrassing number of people :)

This is my only acceptance so far this cycle, but I guess it really does only take one.
Huge congratulations! What time was it when they called, and when did you interview?

How much weight does Stanford place on publications? If you have a ton of research experience but no publications will that be a big negative? Have there been a decent number of people on here who've gotten an interview without any?

How much weight does Stanford place on publications? If you have a ton of research experience but no publications will that be a big negative? Have there been a decent number of people on here who've gotten an interview without any?
I got an II without a pub :D

I got an II without a pub :D

That is good to know, thanks! I just don't want to waste money and time on an application if there's no chance. Mainly their secondary asking to list publications worried me as I'd have to leave it blank. Though i may be able to update them later on with one if they don't reject people too quickly.

considering I haven't heard anything and i interviewed in early oct should I be preparing for a waitlist? t.t

considering I haven't heard anything and i interviewed in early oct should I be preparing for a waitlist? t.t

Right there with you. From my obsessive perusing of last year's thread it looks like the calls went out over three days, so it's possible they aren't finished calling. One person even got an accept email a week later after not getting a call, so I would say there is a (admittedly small) glimmer of hope for us. Wishing you the best of luck! These past two days have been pretty painful :eek:

Last edited:
Right there with you. From my obsessive perusing of last year's thread it looks like the calls went out over three days, so it's possible they aren't finished calling. One person even got an accept email a week later after not getting a call, so I would say there is a (admittedly small) glimmer of hope for us. Wishing you the best of luck! These past two days have been pretty painful :eek:
yes, any news would be great...

Don't decisions come out anytime from Jan to March?

At least for last years thread, everyone who interviewed before a certain point heard back in Jan, with phone calls going out to those who were accepted first and waitlists and a few continued reviews going out to those about a week later. Maybe it'll be different this year, who knows

At least for last years thread, everyone who interviewed before a certain point heard back in Jan, with phone calls going out to those who were accepted first and waitlists and a few continued reviews going out to those about a week later. Maybe it'll be different this year, who knows

Was it determined around when that cutoff interview date was?

Congrats to those accepted!!! Did you guys get an email in addition to the call?

Has anyone who interviewed in December heard back yet? If you want to remain low-profile, please PM me! Thanks so much, you'd help deal with the anxiety I've had over the past few days lol. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Message me as well please lol

For those of you who interviewed, would you please mind PM'ing me any interview format/advice :)

Last edited:
so if we didnt get an acceptance call this week thats a pretty bad sign?