2017-2018 Stanford University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For some reason I though Stanford was fairly anti-update in general. Did I misunderstand them at the interview or some such?
Another quote from interview day - "For some of you, it's been many months since you've sent in your application. If you've done something major - publish a paper, got a recommendation letter from a new experience - we want to hear from you!"

Pre II, they definitely don't accept updates. I got the feeling they didn't mind an update post-II as long as it was a "major" event. I sent one in myself, so I sure hope it doesn't hurt me lol

Maybe someone here can offer a dissenting opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Another quote from interview day - "For some of you, it's been many months since you've sent in your application. If you've done something major - publish a paper, got a recommendation letter from a new experience - we want to hear from you!"

Pre II, they definitely don't accept updates. I got the feeling they didn't mind an update post-II as long as it was a "major" event. I sent one in myself, so I sure hope it doesn't hurt me lol

Ah, makes sense. Maybe I was confusing their pre-II stance with their post-II stance. You think a significant academic award from my undergrad institution would be a big enough thing for an update?

Back in November, I was told the only useful update was a publication -- but I wouldn't be surprised if different interview days heard slightly different advice depending on who was doing the talks. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone yet received a Rejection after interviewing?

Accepted today... Still in disbelief. This has been a dream for so long. Interviewed early December

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Completely speechless at this point. Interviewed early December as well.

Interviewed in October and still dead silence... Is anyone else in this situation as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Stanford reject post interview? Or waitlist for days?

Hi all, I coauthored abstracts that were submitted to two national conferences and both were accepted. One for a poster presentation and one for a platform presentation. Do you think this is worth sending as an update? I have also been added to two new studies at my job so I figured that would be something I would include as well.

Hi all, I coauthored abstracts that were submitted to two national conferences and both were accepted. One for a poster presentation and one for a platform presentation. Do you think this is worth sending as an update? I have also been added to two new studies at my job so I figured that would be something I would include as well.
I'm afraid this wouldn't fall under the umbrella of "significant" update, particularly as their secondary instructed us to exclude all abstracts/presentations when listing publications.

Does anyone know when the next admission decision release date is?

I interviewed early Feb and haven't heard anything. Not holding out much hope to be honest but you never know lol

Why not? Based on the stats we were given on interview day, it seems like a 1 in 3 chance at this point.
BTW based on your post/acceptance history, you'll probably get acquainted with one of my peers.

To anyone who has received an acceptance to their top choice, might I gently suggest withdrawing your application? It just might make the difference between someone else's outcome.

I'm pretty sure I interviewed on the last date and since the school is rolling admission there prob aren't many spots left but who knows lol. I hope the "1 in 3 chance" is right lol. Hopefully we here back in the next week and a half, that's when the final decisions seem to have been announced in last year's thread.

ACCEPTED JUST NOW VIA PORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omgomgomgomgomg.

Reactions: 7 users
ayeeeeee! Did they email you to check the portal?

Nah, after neurotically perusing this thread and seeing it happen before, literally thought, "wouldn't it be dope if I checked my portal and got in.." and...:eek:

Congratulations! May I ask when you interviewed? Do you think there are any factors about your application that stood out to the adcom?

I interviewed early February. I was fortunate to have had a timely 1st author publication acceptance that came a couple of days after my interview and I included that in an update letter.

Nah, after neurotically perusing this thread and seeing it happen before, literally thought, "wouldn't it be dope if I checked my portal and got in.." and...:eek:
Damn bruh. Now I'm gonna be checking that **** daily lol

2/3 interview, WL today :( I have little hope based on threads from previous years. Good luck to everyone else!

Didn’t receive a personalized WL email. Here’s the notice of intent to place me in purgatory for anyone curious. :grumpy:

“The Stanford Medicine Committee on Admissions has carefully evaluated your application to Stanford Medicine and you have been placed on the waitlist.

We appreciate your interest in Stanford, and are unable to offer an assessment of
how likely you are to be admitted off the waitlist. It is important to keep your
contact information up to date in your AMCAS application. Our office will be in
contact should a position become available”

Interiewed same date got the same email today in the am as well. It was a good run lol

To those that have got in, you all ought to celebrate with a good ole' American tradition: Hershey's Chocolate

Are all decisions via email? Or should I be checking the portal like crazy

Are all decisions via email? Or should I be checking the portal like crazy

I believe acceptance decisions are first communicated by phone (look for that 650 area code!), then portal updates almost immediately. I didn't receive an email offer of admission until a business week later. I don't think they call to notify waitlist decisions...it might just be email in that case.

Anyone know when the next round of decisions come out?
I interviewed early February and they us that we will hear back by the third week of March, but I see that some people have already heard back from my interview day. So maybe it'll be a rolling process from now?

I interviewed early February and they us that we will hear back by the third week of March, but I see that some people have already heard back from my interview day. So maybe it'll be a rolling process from now?

I think you're right. The admissions committee member that called said that they plan to deliver these last few batches of decisions on a rolling basis since it's getting late in the season.

Is it possible for an interview invitation email to go to spam? And if I didn't respond to it at all, would the admissions office have tried to contact me in another way, or just proceed to reject me after some time? I hadn't checked my secondary portal for my application status since I submitted my secondary until last weekend, but I couldn't log in. I contacted the admissions office, and they told me they sent me an email back in December & to check my spam folder. Unfortunately my spam empties every 30 days so I couldn't look back & asked for them to send the email again. Of course, it was a rejection, but could I have missed other ...more meaningful... correspondence?

Second look is 5th, 6th, and 7th (half day).

Second look is 5th, 6th, and 7th (half day).
Hmm. The second look email and Dr. Gibbs' video message both say revisit begins at 11:00AM on the 5th and ends at 8:30PM on the 6th. Is there something I'm missing?

Hmm. The second look email and Dr. Gibbs' video message both say revisit begins at 11:00AM on the 5th and ends at 8:30PM on the 6th. Is there something I'm missing?

When you get the message from the Student Recruitment Chairs, it mentions that the admin-led events end on Friday night, but that there are optional student led events Friday night and Saturday morning!

Lol looking forward to second look for sure, but these flights! :greedy:

Just got an acceptance call too! Interviewed 1/20 as well. Best wishes to everyone!