-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tufts University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Didn't you already interview?Do you all think March 13th is the last interview day? It's the latest available one I see on the scheduler.
According to last year's thread, mid-March was the end of the interviewing season so I imagine it would be the last date or second to last date.
Didn't you already interview?
According to last year's thread, mid-March was the end of the interviewing season so I imagine it would be the last date or second to last date.
Yep I interviewed already but you can still log into the portal and check the scheduler. Was wondering for friends still waiting to hear from Tufts if that'd be it for interview days.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep I interviewed already but you can still log into the portal and check the scheduler. Was wondering for friends still waiting to hear from Tufts if that'd be it for interview days.
Seems like there are 3 days left in March for interviews.
Do you think IIs are still going out? Or should I take this off my list as well🙄
Bruh, look at literally the post right above yours.
Seems like there are 3 days left in March for interviews.
I was accepted 1/30 by phone and didn't get the email until 2-3 business days later, I get what your saying lol... I didn't relax until I got the formal letter via mail which took like 10 business days.Has anyone who was accepted on Thursday 2/15 received an email yet? I got the call but haven't received an email confirming anything yet, so of course I am being neurotic.
Yeah! Me too. I have not yet received an email or letter yet, but received a voicemail from Dr. Neumeyer on Thursday aroun 4:30PM. I heard holiday and vacation is slowing things up. I will post if I get any updates.Has anyone who was accepted on Thursday 2/15 received an email yet? I got the call but haven't received an email confirming anything yet, so of course I am being neurotic.
Did anyone else not receive any news (II or rejection) since submitting your secondary? Please like this post or reply with a +1, +2, +3, etc. so we can keep a tally of how many peeps are left in the lurch. Plus, if anyone knows for sure whether Tufts does silent rejections, please tell.
Does Tufts provide breakfast on interview day? Need to know if I have to get up early to hunt lol
It was more like granola bars and drinks (coffee, orange juice, water, etc.) if I remember correctly. Depending on how hungry you get in the morning, you might prefer to do your hunting haha
It was more like granola bars and drinks (coffee, orange juice, water, etc.) if I remember correctly. Depending on how hungry you get in the morning, you might prefer to do your hunting haha
Cool. Thanks!
Cool. Thanks!
There's a cafe on the 4th floor of the same building you check in at which serves breakfast.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For February interviewees, they said committee is meeting 2/27 tomorrow to discuss. And results... accept/reject/defer... should be received no later than 3/5.For people who interviewed recently, did admissions tell you when the committee is meeting/when to expect a decision?
Thursday, April 12thDoes anyone know when second look/revisit day is at Tufts SOM?
For February interviewees, they said committee is meeting 2/27 tomorrow to discuss. And results... accept/reject/defer... should be received no later than 3/5.
Perfect thanks so much!!
Has Tufts stopped giving out IIs?
Wait, after my *Feb* interview I believe it was they are letting us know the results of the 2/27 meeting the week of 3/5, not no later than 3/5For February interviewees, they said committee is meeting 2/27 tomorrow to discuss. And results... accept/reject/defer... should be received no later than 3/5.
Edit: February interview
Last edited:
I remember hearing "no later than" but might totally be wrong. I guess this meeting is for both Jan and Feb interviewees? Didn't some Jan interviewees hear back already?Wait, after my Jan interview I believe it was they are letting us know the results of the 2/27 meeting the week of 3/5, not no later than 3/5
Did they email us about it?Thursday, April 12th
I was a mid Jan interviewer and heard back at the beginning of this month. So this is probably mostly just Feb and maybe some late Jan people.I remember hearing "no later than" but might totally be wrong. I guess this meeting is for both Jan and Feb interviewees? Didn't some Jan interviewees hear back already?
Sorry, I meant my Feb interview, my bad!I remember hearing "no later than" but might totally be wrong. I guess this meeting is for both Jan and Feb interviewees? Didn't some Jan interviewees hear back already?
Thanks! Did you receive info about it in the email because I could not find it.Thursday, April 12th
Ah, I wish I had an acceptance here. Still keeping my fingers crossed. My friend was accepted here and she called and asked for the date of the second look. She had gotten the email by the time she called, but not the packet in the mail (which I assume contains the date of second look).Thanks! Did you receive info about it in the email because I could not find it.
Thanks so much. Good luck to you!Ah, I wish I had an acceptance here. Still keeping my fingers crossed. My friend was accepted here and she called and asked for the date of the second look. She had gotten the email by the time she called, but not the packet in the mail (which I assume contains the date of second look).
Thank you!
Does Tufts provide breakfast on interview day? Need to know if I have to get up early to hunt lol
There's a cafeteria in the library with cereals, fruit, coffee, juice etc.. where they tell applicants to meet beforehand. I was the only applicant down there to eat (understandably people were probably nervous) but I agree with you, if I have to bomb an interview I'd rather do it on a full stomach than an empty one haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think at any time someone who is deferred can be accepted. Any time meaning not necessarily on one of the days or weeks that acceptances are given out to people who aren't deferred. I remember seeing several people post about being accepted mid-February after being deferred in January.Anyone know when they send out decisions for those on the deferment list?
I remember seeing this as well. The earliest I saw on last year's thread was someone being accepted in January after being deferred, but that was probably rare. I believe a current student commented that most people who are deferred just end up on the waitlist.I think at any time someone who is deferred can be accepted. Any time meaning not necessarily on one of the days or weeks that acceptances are given out to people who aren't deferred. I remember seeing several people post about being accepted mid-February after being deferred in January.
So perhaps by the end of March I'll hear back then? Considering all interviews will be done by then.I think at any time someone who is deferred can be accepted. Any time meaning not necessarily on one of the days or weeks that acceptances are given out to people who aren't deferred. I remember seeing several people post about being accepted mid-February after being deferred in January.
I checked my portal where I was able to see remaining interview days as of last week or so. Checked again and the March dates are blacked out, so I think interviews have concluded. But just to be sure a call to the office wouldn't hurt.Are interviews done here (Sorry haven't been following this thread)? I sent an update about a week ago but didn't hear anything back. For anyone who submitted updates, did you receive an email confirmation, or maybe I should call the office?
any IIs are more than likely for cancelations only
I submitted an update and didn't get a confirmation. As long as you can see it under "additional documents" in your portal I think it uploadedAre interviews done here (Sorry haven't been following this thread)? I sent an update about a week ago but didn't hear anything back. For anyone who submitted updates, did you receive an email confirmation, or maybe I should call the office?
1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine? (1000 characters)
2. Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine? (1000 characters)
3. Do you have any withdrawals or repeated coursework listed on your transcript(s). (1000 characters)
4. Did you take any leaves of absence or significant breaks from your undergraduate education? (Do not include time off after graduation.) (1000 characters)
There is also a prerequisite section which asks to show which classes you have completed to complete each pre req
Good luck to everyone applying!
I have this to say as a minority male. Tufts is a very racist place. And not overtly. In a passive aggressive way. In a microaggression way. They will make it difficult for you to complete your coursework. On the objective stuff you will do find because it is objective. But once it is a subjective grade expect a failing or close to failing grade. As a male, I never expected it but you will experience sexism. White females dominate and determine your career as a medical student here. They do not like minority males. And don't just take my word for it. Ask any minority student who went or graduated from Tufts. Ask any minority male trying to get thru 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year. It's hell. PM me directly if you want details. and yes, they harass and bully you. and when you report it, don't expect to find an advocate at this school.
Hmmmmmmm. Can any current students attest to this claim?
I have this to say as a minority male. Tufts is a very racist place. And not overtly. In a passive aggressive way. In a microaggression way. They will make it difficult for you to complete your coursework. On the objective stuff you will do find because it is objective. But once it is a subjective grade expect a failing or close to failing grade. As a male, I never expected it but you will experience sexism. White females dominate and determine your career as a medical student here. They do not like minority males. And don't just take my word for it. Ask any minority student who went or graduated from Tufts. Ask any minority male trying to get thru 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year. It's hell. PM me directly if you want details. and yes, they harass and bully you. and when you report it, don't expect to find an advocate at this school.
I have this to say as a minority male. Tufts is a very racist place. And not overtly. In a passive aggressive way. In a microaggression way. They will make it difficult for you to complete your coursework. On the objective stuff you will do find because it is objective. But once it is a subjective grade expect a failing or close to failing grade. As a male, I never expected it but you will experience sexism. White females dominate and determine your career as a medical student here. They do not like minority males. And don't just take my word for it. Ask any minority student who went or graduated from Tufts. Ask any minority male trying to get thru 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year. It's hell. PM me directly if you want details. and yes, they harass and bully you. and when you report it, don't expect to find an advocate at this school.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I think Tufts is much more welcoming of URMs than most schools and I think Tufts' class is much more diverse than other schools. I have many friends who are male minorities and have loved their experience at Tufts.
That person has just been going from thread to thread to say this. They are either a troll or bitter about something/had one bad experience and is totally generalizing.I have no idea what you're talking about. I think Tufts is much more welcoming of URMs than most schools and I think Tufts' class is much more diverse than other schools. I have many friends who are male minorities and have loved their experience at Tufts.
Yeah I wouldn’t put much stock in that post. He is a current student and I don’t know his story/reasons for posting, but I haven’t felt that way at all and I know my other classmates feel the same.
Edit: typos
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Edit: typos
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Can also confirm that story, just didn’t want to put it all on a public forum
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Current Tufts student here, just wanted to say 2 things.
I have never, nor has anyone I know, experienced an environment close to what rdunn describes-- Tufts is a very welcoming place that actively works to recruit URM students. TUSM also has several programs in place to give all students the best chance of success.
Second, rdunn was ultimately expelled from Tufts after multiple acts of aggression towards his peers, both physical and verbal. The administration gave him several chances to remediate his behavior. He received counseling, time-off and opportunities to fill that time wisely. After returning to TUSM, he continued to violate the code of conduct, and Tufts had no choice but to ask him to leave. This was never a story of Tufts discriminating on the basis of sex or color; there have been countless minority students (male and female alike) who have achieved amazing things at Tufts and beyond-- this was a story of Tufts admitting a URM, who revealed himself to be violent, unprofessional with a devastating lack of self-awareness. He failed on several accounts to get better. This person was unfit to care for patients, and quite frankly, would have been a very real danger to the field of medicine.
There are several SUCCESSFUL minority students and graduates of Tufts, who would be happy to share their experiences with you. Tufts will help you, they will advocate for you and they will provide a safe space for you. And that includes suspending a student who uses surgical instruments to threaten others inside the anatomy lab.
Love it...cyber bullying....and tons of lies....those who know know the truth....and you have a truth...listen and be empathetic....or shame the victim...i dare you to tell me your demographics and maybe a few minority students agree w you but definitely not all......
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wasnt expelled. Thats a lie....this is exactly why i posted it because of the bullying and discrimination in medical school. Stay in denial...will serve you well in medicineLove it...cyber bullying....and tons of lies....those who know know the truth....and you have a truth...listen and be empathetic....or shame the victim...i dare you to tell me your demographics and maybe a few minority students agree w you but definitely not all......
I wasnt expelled. Thats a lie....this is exactly why i posted it because of the bullying and discrimination in medical school. Stay in denial...will serve you well in medicine
So... are you like still a student there? Or like, nah? Can you like elaborate more? I’m just really confused and am about to ask the office of diversity to put me in touch with current students so that I can ask them. As a urm, I need to know what the school is actually like and you still haven’t responded to my message.
So... are you like still a student there? Or like, nah? Can you like elaborate more? I’m just really confused and am about to ask the office of diversity to put me in touch with current students so that I can ask them. As a urm, I need to know what the school is actually like and you still haven’t responded to my message.
Many of my friends here are URM and ORM, including my roommate, and they absolutely love the school and haven't had this experience what so ever in our two years so far.
In my portal, there are no available interview slots left for the Maine Track. Of course, as noted earlier, someone could cancel and an interview slot could open up. But, at least in my portal, appears like there are no more dates open for interviewing for ME Track.Anybody know if Maine Track has concluded their interview season?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K