2017-2018 Tufts University Application

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there any hope for those of us still on the waitlist? I know they’ve already accepted a bunch of people off the waitlist. Congrats to those who’ve made it.
 
Any tips for question 1? I read online that though 1 is optional I should include something about why I want to attend Tufts.

Also, for the "PreReqs" section, there is the subsection titled "Competency Prerequisites". The instructions state to indicate how the competency was acquired, though it does not specify to include a course. I may be overthinking this, but do they expect us to write something extensive about how exactly we acquired it (e.g., the course, what content it included, what we learned, etc), or should I simply list the course where I acquired it.

Forgive for the overthinking!
 
The pre requisite part it throwing me off because it gives you 1000 characters to just list classes. Should anything be detailed or explained here or should I stop overthinking and simply list a few classes? lol
 
Any tips for question 1? I read online that though 1 is optional I should include something about why I want to attend Tufts.

Also, for the "PreReqs" section, there is the subsection titled "Competency Prerequisites". The instructions state to indicate how the competency was acquired, though it does not specify to include a course. I may be overthinking this, but do they expect us to write something extensive about how exactly we acquired it (e.g., the course, what content it included, what we learned, etc), or should I simply list the course where I acquired it.

Forgive for the overthinking!

The pre requisite part it throwing me off because it gives you 1000 characters to just list classes. Should anything be detailed or explained here or should I stop overthinking and simply list a few classes? lol
This past cycle I simply just wrote a sentence or 2 explaining what coursework or similiar experience I had that met the competency requirements.
 
Transfer Possibility?


Hey! I’m hoping that some current Tufts students might still be following this. I am a second year at an allopathic school in NY and I would love to transfer to Tufts to be with my fiancée.

I have emailed the Admissions office and am waiting to hear back if there will be any spots open. I figured I might ask here if you know of someone taking a year out for research or a leave of absence next fall? I’m still holding hope! Haha

Or if you know any students who were able to transfer to Tufts after 2nd year, that would be great to hear too.

Thanks!! [emoji4]


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
 
Last edited: